Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanguard Investments Australia
- Client Relationship Associate (5)
- Acceleration Into Financial Professional Program (1)
- IT Management Trainee (1)
- IT College to Corporate Internship Program (1)
- Fixed Income Analyst Internship (1)
- Contract IT Recruiter (1)
- Client Service Associate (1)
- Client Services Associate (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing (1)
- MBA Development Program (1)
- Senior Business Analyst (1)
- Junior Developer (1)
- Sales (1)
- Accelerated Development Program (1)
- Customer Service (1)
I applied through other source. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2007.
Initial screening took place in the form of a one-on-one interview following a career-fair solicitation.
Next step was a *detailed* phone interview.
Final step was a full-day recruitment event which consisted of presentations by employees, meetings, one on one behavioral interviews, a panel interview, and a luncheon. The day culminated in a group discussion by the applicants.
Although it was deceptively casual, everyone you meet is watching you *very* carefully for undesireable traits. Some staff seemed rather unfriendly and elitist, but most were down to earth and professional. Be advised, vanguard wants a LOT of information about its applicants. The usual (cover letters, resumes) as well as college transcripts, high school transcripts, writing samples, references).
- It went something like this: a client is currently recieving several different monthly statements for various services they are using. The client has asked you whether you can compile these statements into one, easy to read, monthly statement. Doing so is not a normal service, and would result in a significant time cost, however the client is a longstanding one and has provided a lot of revenue for the company. The client is annoyed with the status quo, but is unlikely to take their business elsewhere if their request is denied. What is your response? Answer Question