Vanguard Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Basics interview with situational based testing. Was referred buy a friend of the family. Was brought in with about five others to interview for the same position. All were interviewed separately. Had two separate interviews in one sitting the. Was given a question situation based test by another.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Not too stressful. They try to prepare you before the interview to have outstanding stories of how you helped a client thru difficult situations, etc. These stories are meant to portray how you react in certain situations, whether you are abrasive/caring/indifferent etc. Overall great experience. You meet with one individual, then a dual interview with a role play assignment.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you tried to sell a customer something they didn't want"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Emailed resume, got a call a few days later. I had a 20min phone interview. Then was called to interview in Malvern. 1 on 1 then case study followed by a mock customer call. Learn basics of finance and how to treat a disgruntled customer.

Interview Questions

• STAR interview questions, tell me a time that you....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Easy. Lots of "look at us we are so great". You're interviewed by a random Team Leader they are usually very friendly. The interview process is super easy. You might do a role play of a typical phone situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Vanguard Career Site. Three days later I was contacted by a recruiter through email inviting me to participate in a phone interview, which lasted approximately 50 minutes. I was invited, during this call, to an onsite interview, which lasted about 4 hours. The process moved along quickly. The environment onsite was warm and friendly and they made you feel relaxed and welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview after applying online. After my recruiter invited me to an on-campus interview, she was extremely helpful and told me everything I needed to prepare for. After going there last week I thought the behavioral interview wasn't too difficult and the case study was harder than I had anticipated.

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and in few days I received an email asking to call to fix a day and time phone interview. The interview lasted for 45 mins. I am asked to wait to hear from them for a day/time when I will be asked to go to their office for the second round of interview. I have been informed it will be 4 hour long with case interview, group discussion and one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• STAR behaviour questions. How did you overcome a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Fund Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA).

Interview

Phone interview and then 2 in person interviews with 2 people each. The questions were mainly behavioral questions and for the phone interview it was questions on the past experiences. The two interviews got repetitive. I was asked similar questions in both interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Easy going and asked basic questions. Got invited to second interview on the spot. The lady on the phone was very personable. Be prepared to answer very basic finance terminology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to think outside the box   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at school and was in contact with them through email. They called me and went over my resume. Asked me STAR questions and then one financial terminology question. The phone interview was only a half hour. A lot of STAR questions.." Tell me about a time that you had to show leadership" etc. I was then emailed that HR looked over my resume and thought I should interview for a contracting role through Randstad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an angry customer   1 Answer