Vanguard Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

I spoke with 3 different people: An HR person, and two different current employees who conduct interviews on a volunteer basis. The interview includes both biographical questions, and situation based questions, and you are required to give answers that provide a resolution.

Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Basics interview with situational based testing. Was referred buy a friend of the family. Was brought in with about five others to interview for the same position. All were interviewed separately. Had two separate interviews in one sitting the. Was given a question situation based test by another.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Not too stressful. They try to prepare you before the interview to have outstanding stories of how you helped a client thru difficult situations, etc. These stories are meant to portray how you react in certain situations, whether you are abrasive/caring/indifferent etc. Overall great experience. You meet with one individual, then a dual interview with a role play assignment.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you tried to sell a customer something they didn't want"   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Multiple interview rounds, STAR format questions, get to know the candidate, competency questions, cultural fit questions, general closing section. Online posting process, personal statement and professional resume screening process through HR, mock interview preparation sessions available upon request, multiple position posting is an option

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Emailed resume, got a call a few days later. I had a 20min phone interview. Then was called to interview in Malvern. 1 on 1 then case study followed by a mock customer call. Learn basics of finance and how to treat a disgruntled customer.

Interview Questions

• STAR interview questions, tell me a time that you....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview after applying online. After my recruiter invited me to an on-campus interview, she was extremely helpful and told me everything I needed to prepare for. After going there last week I thought the behavioral interview wasn't too difficult and the case study was harder than I had anticipated.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Vanguard Career Site. Three days later I was contacted by a recruiter through email inviting me to participate in a phone interview, which lasted approximately 50 minutes. I was invited, during this call, to an onsite interview, which lasted about 4 hours. The process moved along quickly. The environment onsite was warm and friendly and they made you feel relaxed and welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Easy. Lots of "look at us we are so great". You're interviewed by a random Team Leader they are usually very friendly. The interview process is super easy. You might do a role play of a typical phone situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview is a 4 hour long process. You arrive and learn about the company for an hour. Then you proceed to a two part interview (one hour each; face to face with an interviewer). One part is a mock situation, the other are traditional STAR (What did you you in 'xyz' situation) questions. The interview concludes with information on benefits, etc., time wasted if they do not offer you the position. Overall the interview experience for me was very uncomfortable. First you are in a larger group, then you are divided up and interviewed by individuals. I was selected to interview with two people(as opposed to the traditional 1:1), and no explanation was given as to why until the second portion of the one-on-one interview (where I was informed one of the individuals was in training). Additionally, the first set of interviewers did not keep eye contact with me and one of them was looking around the room as I answered his questions. It was very unprofessional and definitely distracting. Overall I was very dissatisfied with the actual interview process. I was also not given a reason, or recommendations for improvement, for not being hired. All and all the process was very off putting and gave me a very low opinion of the interviewers/HR hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The mock phone call is awkward. You have to pretend the interviewer is a client. Its not a very good interview tool, especially when you consider a lot of the best customer service representatives utilize emotional ques to respond to clients(something that is not easily 'faked' for me). The fact that the interviewer seemed completely dis-interested in my earlier responses made the situation even more awkward for me. You also do not know exactly how the company would approve/disapprove of going above and beyond for the client, what the procedures would be, or how that particular interviewer feels is most important(sympathy with client vs. resolving the situation quickly and easily). All of those factors aren't things that actually help in a client situation because you want to work towards the specific client, not the company line.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and in few days I received an email asking to call to fix a day and time phone interview. The interview lasted for 45 mins. I am asked to wait to hear from them for a day/time when I will be asked to go to their office for the second round of interview. I have been informed it will be 4 hour long with case interview, group discussion and one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• STAR behaviour questions. How did you overcome a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer