Vanguard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist
Wayne, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process leading up to the interview went smoothly. As a customer of Vanguard, I am quite familiar with its product line and reputation within the financial community, so I felt this would be an ethical place to work.
After leaving the interview, which started in a conference room and ended in a cafeteria because we overran our alloted time in the conference room, I believed that while the manager would have been a great guy to work for, the job itself did not provide the kind of diverse challenges that would sustain my interest and motivation over the long haul. The other factor weighing into this process was the fact that the position had a six month duration and I was not convinced in my mind that the position itself warranted that duration let alone would provide an entree into the company as a permanent hire.

Interview Question – Really there were no show stoppers other than a question about specific experience negotiating an agreement for a specific type of investment service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really not a whole heck of a lot. The salary negotiations with the recruiter were very basic, there was not a great deal of leeway with respect to the hourly rate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanguard

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!

Vanguard Videos

Vanguard – Why Work for Us?

In 1975, a small but uniquely structured mutual fund company came into being. More than a quarter-century later, Vanguard is internationally known for exceptional client service and the highest-value products in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanguard Procurement Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Vanguard employees and interview candidates.