Vanguard Software Developer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in November 2010.

In person, most of the question are related to core java and they are very basic. You should be able to explain your experience well. They will ask you question about standard java practices.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard.

I contacted them at a job fair and the next day I had an interview on campus. It was basic behavioural interview questions and a little bit about your computing background such as what languages you know.

After a few weeks, I was invited to do on-site interviews. They pay for travel and other expenses if you need it. On the day of the interviews, they put you in a group of other graduates and you get to meet some of the people that work there. They describe their experiences and what it's like to work with the company as well as benefits you receive by being hired. There were two one-hour interviews that were mostly behavioural but it all depends on who is interviewing you. They provided you breakfast and dinner the day of, and were very friendly and nice the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to motivate group members when morale was low.   Answer Question

They are a software company. If you enjoy software, then this is a really good place to work for. However, I was looking for a more hardware-oriented position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2011.

I attended a Career fair at campus. I talked with the recruiter for more than an hour and she suggested for me to apply and email her for a referral. I had a phone interview and they invited me to HQ. At HQ they had several information sessions, a tour, and 2 1-hour long interviews. They fed us and then sent us home. They paid for the entire trip.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the business market? Or are you interested in the business market?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vanguard.

Was referred by a Vanguard employee. Initial phone screen with HR. For the on-site interview, met with 5 employees for 30 mins each. Everyone was friendly and nice. Interviewers were interested in my background and potential fit. I did not get any obvious behavioral questions.

Was low and non-negotiable

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!