Vanguard

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General leadership questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in October 2011.

Vanguard reps came to my college career fair. Luckily senior IT managers were there filling in interview slots. I had my first round interview 2 weeks after the fair. It was an easy one on one behavioral interview asking similar questions. I got a call 2 days later to come to HQ in a week for final round interview. It was a full day consisting of company presentation by the CTO, 2 one on one interviews and a group problem solving exercise. The one on ones were again behavioral but focused more on my past experiences and how I can adapt to certain difficult situations. They also went through my technical skills I listed on my resume. Alot of questions were emphasized on teamwork skills. Vanguard follows STAR format. Both interviewers had the same set of questions given to them by HR. The group exercise was mainly to choose as a group top items essential to take on a trip to a desert. The whole interview process went smoothly. All my interviewers were very warm, friendly and spoke endlessly about their positive experiences with Vanguard. I got an offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you diasgreed with your team/project members and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • How do you solve a problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in November 2010.

After the initial phone interview, I went to Valley Forge for a 'Technology Leadership Day'. This day consisted of both a few interviews and a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, such as 'When were you in a leadership position?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in March 2010.

Vanguard is one of the best place to launch a succesful career in IT. Even if you are not sure what you want to do in life, this technology leadership program will put you on a right path into rewarding career. Benefits are excellent - 401k plan, academic assistance program, partnership plan, paid time off (16 days).

Interview Questions
    • Can anyone tell me how much an employee makes from the "Vanguard Partnership Plan"?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard in October 2009.

I was contacted via phone from a HR recruiter from this company and spoke with her on the phone. We did an initial behavioral interview via phone as well as some general information about the company. I was invited to interview on site. I was interviewed by two people on site where each interview lasted an hour. They were mostly questions asking about my interests, my background, and behavioral questions. The interview process was very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a disagreement on something with a co-worker or boss and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you learn best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in August 2009.

The interview was simply a one on one interview with a member of their Information Technology Staff. A number of situational based questions were asked, in addition to where I saw my career heading. The interview was not too arduous, and seemed more like a pleasant conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you challenged your leader's opinion?   Answer Question

Preferred to live in the D.C Area.