Vanguard

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Vanguard

Interview Details – General leadership questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you challenged a leader   Answer Question

Malvern, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in October 2011.

Interview Details – Vanguard reps came to my college career fair. Luckily senior IT managers were there filling in interview slots. I had my first round interview 2 weeks after the fair. It was an easy one on one behavioral interview asking similar questions. I got a call 2 days later to come to HQ in a week for final round interview. It was a full day consisting of company presentation by the CTO, 2 one on one interviews and a group problem solving exercise. The one on ones were again behavioral but focused more on my past experiences and how I can adapt to certain difficult situations. They also went through my technical skills I listed on my resume. Alot of questions were emphasized on teamwork skills. Vanguard follows STAR format. Both interviewers had the same set of questions given to them by HR. The group exercise was mainly to choose as a group top items essential to take on a trip to a desert. The whole interview process went smoothly. All my interviewers were very warm, friendly and spoke endlessly about their positive experiences with Vanguard. I got an offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Valley Forge, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in November 2010.

Interview Details – After the initial phone interview, I went to Valley Forge for a 'Technology Leadership Day'. This day consisted of both a few interviews and a panel interview.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions, such as 'When were you in a leadership position?'   Answer Question

Malvern, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2010.

Interview Details – Vanguard is one of the best place to launch a succesful career in IT. Even if you are not sure what you want to do in life, this technology leadership program will put you on a right path into rewarding career. Benefits are excellent - 401k plan, academic assistance program, partnership plan, paid time off (16 days).

Interview Question – Can anyone tell me how much an employee makes from the "Vanguard Partnership Plan"?   View Answer

Malvern, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was simply a one on one interview with a member of their Information Technology Staff. A number of situational based questions were asked, in addition to where I saw my career heading. The interview was not too arduous, and seemed more like a pleasant conversation than an interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you challenged your leader's opinion?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Preferred to live in the D.C Area.

Malvern, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanguard in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone from a HR recruiter from this company and spoke with her on the phone. We did an initial behavioral interview via phone as well as some general information about the company. I was invited to interview on site. I was interviewed by two people on site where each interview lasted an hour. They were mostly questions asking about my interests, my background, and behavioral questions. The interview process was very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanguard

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!

Vanguard – Why Work for Us?

In 1975, a small but uniquely structured mutual fund company came into being. More than a quarter-century later, Vanguard is internationally known for exceptional client service and the highest-value products in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanguard Technology Leadership Program interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vanguard employees and interview candidates.