Vanguard

Vanguard Interview Questions in Valley Forge, PA

3.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

I applied online for the position and within two weeks was contacted for a 45 minute phone interview. The interviewer first told me about the position and then proceeded to ask several questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "Why Vanguard", "What do you already know about Vanguard", and "What is the Series 7 licensing about". The interviewer then asked me five behavioral questions. Make sure you prepare possible answers to behavioral questions online beforehand. At the end of the interviewer then asked what questions I had for her and then said the next step in the interview process is an in-person interview so you will know if you are moving forward in the process at the end of the phone interview. We then set up an interview for the following week.

In-person interview- The first interview is an hour long and you are given a case study to read and then the interviewer comes back to ask questions about the situation and how you would handle it. The second interview is an hour long behavioral interview with a different interviewer. The two interviews can be in any order.

A week and a half later I was contacted via the phone with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    The interviewer gave me two weeks to accept/decline.

Cost Basis Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Received interview through Randstad recruiting company. Started with a phone interview asking behavioral questions. Was later called in for a panel interview. The first panel involved a case study in which you have 15 minutes to read over the case. All the procedures are on the case study so it is really just a matter of deciding what actions are relevant to the situation.

The case study was something along the lines of working for a company (MoneyWise) and you are presented with a client wanting to get into a closed fund but the paper work is not in good order etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were overwhelmed with work, how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. This company and recruiting companies are notorious for cutting costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in November 2013.

First interview was a 40 minute phone interview. Very basic behavioral questions (why I picked my college, why finance, why Vanguard, run me through your resume). Was offered a final round interview on the phone at the end of the interview.

Final round on-site interview consisted of a question and answer session for an hour, two hour-long interviews, and a presentation of benefits. Hour-long interviews were behavioral/case study. Not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • They ask many behavioral questions (tell me a time when....)   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in May 2013.

First round phone interview then an on-site interview two weeks later. Phone interview were basic screening questions (Tell me about yourself, Why Vanguard, etc...) then the on-site interview was with multiple personnel and took about half a day. Everyone was very friendly and there were a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were working in a team environment as a leader and received push back from your team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in February 2013.

The HR lady was for the Valley Forge headquarters was your typical HR employee. She asked basic STAR questions and they were quite lengthy, which could lead to long winded answers so be careful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you got into an argument with a co-worker and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vanguard in February 2013.

I applied for the development program in December. I was contacted via email by recruiter at the beginning of February for the client relationship position. I set up a phone interview where she asked general background questions. She also described what the position entitled and the salary which was mid to high 30's. I was then offered a second interview scheduled for a week later.During the second interview we were given a presentation on the company and every was given two interviews. One case study and one behavioral interview, the question were not difficult. From there a recruiter presented the benefits that are offered to employees and ended the days around 12pm.

Interview Questions
    • How to you let people at your job know that you're busy, and how do you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever teach someone a complex process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in December 2012.

People and office are really great. I had a phone interview which followed the STAR method and then got called on-site for an in person interview. We had a lot of HR Vanguard information thrown at us, then we met with two employees who asked us situational questions and we had to answer in the STAR method. Afterwards, we had an Industry Insight discussion where we were given a topic based on the market and had to discuss it for ten minutes with the other interns. Meanwhile the HR person was taking notes watching and analyzing our performance.

College to Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Applied online, an alumni from my college works there and helped move my resume along. Phone interview was first some basic questions about why I wanted to work at Vanguard, what was important to me in looking for an employer, and what I might want to do at Vanguard in the future - then it went into STAR questions, talk about your strengths and weaknesses, a time you had to take a leadership position etc etc

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard in December 2012.

Interview Process was pretty relaxed. Questions were mostly behavioral. The people were really friendly and wanted to see if you would be a good fit for the company. I did not get any tecnical questions. The interviews were two 30 minute interviews back to back with two different professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you know you were wrong and how did you correct your mistake   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in October 2012.

STAR format