Vans Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vans.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to come in for an interview. Then I was contacted by the store manager to set up a time to conduct a second interview with the district manager over the phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vans

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vans (Canoga Park, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process; make sure you know about the company (about the brand, when it was founded, etc.) Explain what you can bring to the table: even if you don't have retail experience (why should you be trusted) The DM asked if I even wear Vans (because I worked Nikes to the interview) The company is very proud of their heritage (skateboarding, music, fashion) If you mention all of these things and your connection to the lifestyle, you're in!

Interview Questions

• What was the more difficult moment in your life? What did you do to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get more than at my previous job so I was happy.