Vans

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vans in November 2014.

Went into store and was told to apply online. Called back next day and set up an interview for a Friday. Went into the store on my interview day and asked to speak to the manager and it just so happened that the person I asked was the manager then she took me to the stock room and we did the interview. She asked me a few normal questions like what are my hobbies. What would I do If a customer started yelling in my face. And what is my background like. She said they would send me an email the next day if I got the job but I never received the email.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer started yelling in your face?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vans.

Turned in application, got called for interview a month later. Meet with assistant manager. Wore a vans sweater to represent. Probably should have re-thought that. Interview was one one one.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer came in and you didn't speak the same language?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Vans in August 2014.

I applied online and they called me a few weeks later to come in for an interview. I got there really early and explained I was there for an interview to one of the employees who was restocking socks. He said that he'd be with me in a moment and to hang out. 15 minutes after my interview time, the same employee takes me to the storage room explaining for the first time since I got there that he had been waiting for his manager. The interviewer started off the interview by saying he "Didn't like interviews" and proceeded to ask me things such as what I liked to do, my experience and so forth. Everything was really casual and by the end he said they would call in a day or two to tell me if I got the job or not. After the background check (which is totally clean, I've never been fired or arrested or anything) they never called me.

Interview Questions
    • Noting to difficult, but because I didn't have a lot of retail experience, answering the sa;es questions were tricky.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vans.

Vans can have a extensive interview process if you are interviewing for upper management. The interviews can be short and lacking depth. If you can come prepared then you will no problem. Confidence goes a log way.

Interview Questions
    • if you have an open mind their questions a straight forward.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vans.

A group interview was the first step of the process. then you split off into groups and learn about each other to present a quick bio on your partner. Everyone at the interview was hired to compete for hours.

Interview Questions
    Very easy to negotiate pay terms if you have some experience in retail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Vans in June 2014.

The employees were very friendly. I befriended them fast. Interview process went by very quick. The manager got a clipboard, we stood in the corner of a store. It felt like a conversation but sadly I wasn't prepared since I got called in for the interview almost asap! The manager made this point strong that they are a very proud company. They care about the customers and make sure they get the BEST treatment. I got asked how I would be a benefit to the company, why I want the job, how Vans has been a part of my life. He gave me a few minutes to make an outfit out of everything in the store and then explain to him why I made it etc.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vans in May 2014.

Quick phone interview with HR, then was brought it with E-Commerce Manager, and then Director of Omni E-Commerce. My interview was later in the day, so energy seemed really low. The time between interviewers was pretty long as well.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic interview questions... Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vans.

I applied while the store was being built. It was very quick and they read off the group of ?s. Very into looks and fitting into the brand/culture.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vans in April 2014.

It was a very fast process, I submitted an application and walked in the next day to ask them to look at it, and ended up talking to one of the managers (about nothing important, just small talk) and she said I seemed like a friendly person offered to give me an interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • She mostly asked about my personality (how I'd describe myself, how I would handle certain situations-calmly or otherwise, etc.), and what I had to do at my old job. She asked a lot about specific situations I was put in throughout my last job, like if I ever had to confront a coworker, what I really struggled with, and the details of my responsibilities from the last job.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vans.

I was an internal candidate so the process took about two weeks