Vans

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vans in February 2013.

I applied online, and then took a resume into the location the next day. The floor supervisor who took my resume was super friendly and helpful and told me who the manager was and to come back during certain times to meet him. I went in again the next day and the manager was super friendly and relaxed and set up an interview. The day of the interview we went outside of the store and sat at a table in the mall. The interview was very long but never felt like an interview. I was asked basic questions like how I handle conflict and the usual interview stuff but it never felt fake or like I needed to say the "right" thing, just like he was trying to know me as a person. After that I had to wait a week and interview with a manager from a second store (as a second opinion). I didn't have as much rapport with her as the first, but she still seemed cool and I felt good.about it. I was then told I would hear soon about a phone interview with the district manager.
    The only part I didn't like about any of these was how much time in between, I felt it took forever for them to give me an ok, but I never got the sense that there were a lot of candidates. This seems to only be their process when hiring management, not sales associates.

Interview Questions
    they offered me the highest wage i had been paid before at any job (Not my most recent previous employers wage,)