Vans Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vans in February 2013.

I applied online, and then took a resume into the location the next day. The floor supervisor who took my resume was super friendly and helpful and told me who the manager was and to come back during certain times to meet him. I went in again the next day and the manager was super friendly and relaxed and set up an interview. The day of the interview we went outside of the store and sat at a table in the mall. The interview was very long but never felt like an interview. I was asked basic questions like how I handle conflict and the usual interview stuff but it never felt fake or like I needed to say the "right" thing, just like he was trying to know me as a person. After that I had to wait a week and interview with a manager from a second store (as a second opinion). I didn't have as much rapport with her as the first, but she still seemed cool and I felt good.about it. I was then told I would hear soon about a phone interview with the district manager.
    The only part I didn't like about any of these was how much time in between, I felt it took forever for them to give me an ok, but I never got the sense that there were a lot of candidates. This seems to only be their process when hiring management, not sales associates.

Interview Questions
    they offered me the highest wage i had been paid before at any job (Not my most recent previous employers wage,)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vans in June 2013.

Applications are only online. Once I applied I called for a follow up at the store I wanted and they called back for an interview few days later. The first interview was a group interview. Very basic, typical questions. You must know some company background like the year they established and some features about the shoes. It was a casual interview with about 6 applicants. Questions are similar to "Why should we hire you... What past experiences makes you qualified...If you had $1000 what store would you spend it with besides Vans" After the interview I got a call back for a second interview - one-on-one. Still very laid back. Asked questions about resume and availability. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when there are no customers around?   View Answer

Visual Merchandising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vans in April 2013.

I saw the job posting on Malakye.com and applied through the Vans website. I was called back in a day or two to schedule an in person interview. I went in for the interview and met with three people separately. In total I was there for probably 45 minutes to an hour. They called me back the next with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't really difficult, or too unexpected. But what made me think the most was what I liked least about my previous job.   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vans in April 2009.

Very relaxed interview process; make sure you know about the company (about the brand, when it was founded, etc.) Explain what you can bring to the table: even if you don't have retail experience (why should you be trusted) The DM asked if I even wear Vans (because I worked Nikes to the interview) The company is very proud of their heritage (skateboarding, music, fashion) If you mention all of these things and your connection to the lifestyle, you're in!

Interview Questions
    • What was the more difficult moment in your life? What did you do to overcome?   View Answer
    I was able to get more than at my previous job so I was happy.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vans in September 2009.

Was asked to role play: Pretend to be a sales member and try to sell/present a shoe product to the audience (group).

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were in a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question
    • What have you done to show leadership experience?   Answer Question
    N/a

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vans in December 2010.

I interviewed at Vans and overall, it was not a bad interview at all. Really enjoyed talking to the different individuals and would have been an excellent opportunity. All the managers and people I talked with were nice and professional. Not sure why it didn't go further. Would have been a great place to work, at least from my limited perspective and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and how it would fit in with our company?   Answer Question

Worked for Vans? Contribute to the Community!