Vans

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vans.

Interview Details – Turned in application, got called for interview a month later. Meet with assistant manager. Wore a vans sweater to represent. Probably should have re-thought that. Interview was one one one.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer came in and you didn't speak the same language?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vans.

Interview Details – A group interview was the first step of the process. then you split off into groups and learn about each other to present a quick bio on your partner. Everyone at the interview was hired to compete for hours.

Interview Question – No questions where overly difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy to negotiate pay terms if you have some experience in retail.

Webster, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vans in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very fast process, I submitted an application and walked in the next day to ask them to look at it, and ended up talking to one of the managers (about nothing important, just small talk) and she said I seemed like a friendly person offered to give me an interview the next day.

Interview Question – She mostly asked about my personality (how I'd describe myself, how I would handle certain situations-calmly or otherwise, etc.), and what I had to do at my old job. She asked a lot about specific situations I was put in throughout my last job, like if I ever had to confront a coworker, what I really struggled with, and the details of my responsibilities from the last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vans.

Interview Details – I applied while the store was being built. It was very quick and they read off the group of ?s. Very into looks and fitting into the brand/culture.

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vans in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was very basic and down to the point. They simply asked about what you liked about the shoes, what facts and or history do you know about VANS and how to sell a shoe.

Interview Question – Pick a shoe, and sell it to the head of employment.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vans in June 2012.

Interview Details – There was a group of four that got interviewed.
We were asked simple questions that told a lot about our personalities and what we knew about the company.

Interview Question – Having to know about the company was difficult. You don't really need to know specifics, but you should know about what the company is doing (Warped Tour, art, skating, etc.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vans.

Interview Details – After the online application I got called in for a group interview. The key is being relaxed and yourself. They will ask you some basic questions and ask you to "sell" a shoe. You don't have to be the best or already know the product. They want to know you'll listen to customers and pick up on things they say.

Interview Question – Sell this (girls) shoe to a man.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Vans.

Interview Details – i applied online then called the store a few days later inquiring about a possible job opportunity, they reviewed my online app and called me back later that day to schedule an interview. It was a group interview and upon arriving i realized everyone was overdressed in suits or wearing a tie and shirts tucked in with dress shoes are a shiny clean pair of vans. I wore my vans i skate in, black jeans and a button up, i have long hair and a facial hair and maybe it was a risk not shaving but i was the only one who got the job. they like people who know what they are talking about. Half the kids there knew nothing about skate shoes or the company. If you don't know anything about skating look it up and what shoes are best for what and show the interviewer you have product knowledge. They like edgy people so dress nicer then usual but don't overdress. If you get a group interview make sure what you say makes you stand out they want people who know customer service and know what to do in situations such as "fellow employees are stealing, friends want your discount, or the angry soccer mom. ect." just be chill with them generally all the managers at vans are super cool and relaxed so dont trip out there not gonna try and make you fail the interview they just wanna know about you and your experience in retail and what you know about vans.

Interview Question – "what was the best experience you had from your prior workplace and why"   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Vans.

Interview Details – Mostly technical questions... How would you sell this shoe... Give us a time when you had to babysit a baby,,, want motivated people

Interview Question – How would you sell a certain shoe   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vans in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, went into the store a few times, called a few times, and eventually got a phone call to come in for an interview. I went into the store and the assistant manager interviewed me, and I got offered the job a few days later. My friend was working there at the time, so I would go in a couple times a month to say, "Hi", so they already knew me. They usually don't hire friends, so I wouldn't mention it if you know someone there.

Interview Question – Who is someone you look up to and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a basic sales job, so even if you asked for a dollar more, they probably wouldn't give it to you.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vans

Worked for Vans? Contribute to the Community!