Vans

Updated Oct 22, 2014

1.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vans.

Turned in application, got called for interview a month later. Meet with assistant manager. Wore a vans sweater to represent. Probably should have re-thought that. Interview was one one one.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a customer came in and you didn't speak the same language?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vans

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Vans in August 2014.

I applied online and they called me a few weeks later to come in for an interview. I got there really early and explained I was there for an interview to one of the employees who was restocking socks. He said that he'd be with me in a moment and to hang out. 15 minutes after my interview time, the same employee takes me to the storage room explaining for the first time since I got there that he had been waiting for his manager. The interviewer started off the interview by saying he "Didn't like interviews" and proceeded to ask me things such as what I liked to do, my experience and so forth. Everything was really casual and by the end he said they would call in a day or two to tell me if I got the job or not. After the background check (which is totally clean, I've never been fired or arrested or anything) they never called me.

Interview Questions
    • Noting to difficult, but because I didn't have a lot of retail experience, answering the sa;es questions were tricky.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vans.

A group interview was the first step of the process. then you split off into groups and learn about each other to present a quick bio on your partner. Everyone at the interview was hired to compete for hours.

Interview Questions
    Very easy to negotiate pay terms if you have some experience in retail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Vans in June 2014.

The employees were very friendly. I befriended them fast. Interview process went by very quick. The manager got a clipboard, we stood in the corner of a store. It felt like a conversation but sadly I wasn't prepared since I got called in for the interview almost asap! The manager made this point strong that they are a very proud company. They care about the customers and make sure they get the BEST treatment. I got asked how I would be a benefit to the company, why I want the job, how Vans has been a part of my life. He gave me a few minutes to make an outfit out of everything in the store and then explain to him why I made it etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vans.

I applied while the store was being built. It was very quick and they read off the group of ?s. Very into looks and fitting into the brand/culture.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vans in April 2014.

It was a very fast process, I submitted an application and walked in the next day to ask them to look at it, and ended up talking to one of the managers (about nothing important, just small talk) and she said I seemed like a friendly person offered to give me an interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • She mostly asked about my personality (how I'd describe myself, how I would handle certain situations-calmly or otherwise, etc.), and what I had to do at my old job. She asked a lot about specific situations I was put in throughout my last job, like if I ever had to confront a coworker, what I really struggled with, and the details of my responsibilities from the last job.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vans.

After the online application I got called in for a group interview. The key is being relaxed and yourself. They will ask you some basic questions and ask you to "sell" a shoe. You don't have to be the best or already know the product. They want to know you'll listen to customers and pick up on things they say.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Vans.

i applied online then called the store a few days later inquiring about a possible job opportunity, they reviewed my online app and called me back later that day to schedule an interview. It was a group interview and upon arriving i realized everyone was overdressed in suits or wearing a tie and shirts tucked in with dress shoes are a shiny clean pair of vans. I wore my vans i skate in, black jeans and a button up, i have long hair and a facial hair and maybe it was a risk not shaving but i was the only one who got the job. they like people who know what they are talking about. Half the kids there knew nothing about skate shoes or the company. If you don't know anything about skating look it up and what shoes are best for what and show the interviewer you have product knowledge. They like edgy people so dress nicer then usual but don't overdress. If you get a group interview make sure what you say makes you stand out they want people who know customer service and know what to do in situations such as "fellow employees are stealing, friends want your discount, or the angry soccer mom. ect." just be chill with them generally all the managers at vans are super cool and relaxed so dont trip out there not gonna try and make you fail the interview they just wanna know about you and your experience in retail and what you know about vans.

Interview Questions
    • "what was the best experience you had from your prior workplace and why"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vans.

Mostly technical questions... How would you sell this shoe... Give us a time when you had to babysit a baby,,, want motivated people

Not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vans.

Apply online. Make sure that if you are applying for summer/winter do so two months ahead. Go into the store or call and give them your name and tell them you are interested. During the interview, often group interviews, make sure you answer every question!!! Get some knowledge about the company and any collections or vans related events. They'll ask you about "the angry soccer mom", simply say you'll listen to their NEEDS and reiterate what they said so the customer will be satisfied. Make sure you mention using all the resources available, and that if the store doesn't have what the customer asked for, that'll you show them a similar product. If chosen, they'll call you the same week. The rest if the process lasts about a week. If you wear vans clothes, it gives you a better chance!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for part time sales associates. Any management try to get as much as possible, they will try to cheat you out!