Vans

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vans.

Vans can have a extensive interview process if you are interviewing for upper management. The interviews can be short and lacking depth. If you can come prepared then you will no problem. Confidence goes a log way.

Interview Questions
  • if you have an open mind their questions a straight forward.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vans

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vans.

I went through 3 interviews during the process. One with another store manager, another with the district manager, and another with the regional manager. After going through all 3 interviews (which were in multiple places), I had to wait for them to run a background check on me. The entire process took almost a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward interview questions. Nothing unexpected or "weird". They asked a lot of questions about how I relate to the brand and why I liked Vans in particular. There were quite a few situational questions like "tell me about a time when you did this" or "walk me through your process for this".   Answer Question
    I was initially offered much lower than what I was already making at another retailer. The negotiation process was fairly easy. I told them that I was unwilling to take a paycut, and that I needed to make the same amount as I was currently making in order to consider a career with Vans. I was called back 3 days later with a counter offer meeting my minimum.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vans in March 2012.

The Interview Process was very positive. I was asked to come back for a second interview right away and met with the District Manager and Director of Stores the next day. Each person that I met was very inspiring and motivating. They asked a lot of in depth questions and gave a lot of useful information. As part of the process they have to complete a background check which took a long time. I was waiting for an offer but couldn't wait to find out if I got the job so I had to accept an offer from a different company. Otherwise I would have accepted.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult question for me was regarding VF, because I had no idea that they were part of a larger corporation with so many sister companies.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vans in December 2009.

Very real talk
    Down to earth expectations
    Company Culture well presented.