Vantage Deluxe World Travel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Vice President of Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview Details – Interviews are typically thrown together in a haphazard fashion with little preparation due to the nature of the company. Typically they are looking to see if you will be able to survive for year or more (which is considered a success) in a horrific environment. Nobody in HR lasts more than a year anyway, so don't expect a difficult interview.

Interview Question – How do you fare in high stress, rapidly changing environments?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once you get the offer you are in control - take what you can get. You will probably get a n offer within 24 hours..

Rather Not Say Interview

Rather Not Say

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview Details – the interviews are easy it is all about like and not skill

Interview Question – why would you want to work for a company where your views will never be considered   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – don't accept

Sales Interview

Sales
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview Details – I applied online and went in for an interview the same week. The interview itself was pretty normal compared to others and then I had a follow up phone interview, which also was standard.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Vice President, Customer Service Interview

Vice President, Customer Service

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several people and the one thing everyone kept alluding to was the difficulty of the owner. Apparently he is involved in the day to do operation is not afraid to use colorful language.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to call the HR department 4 times before anyone would reply to my email and phone questions. And this is AFTER they contacted me.

Interview Question – What difference will you make?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I quickly learned that the CEO is so hands on, he doesn't want anything to change.

Vice President of Interactive Interview

Vice President of Interactive
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview Details – Contacted directly via email. Followed up with a phone interview, that lasted approximately an hour. Was told I would be contacted with 7-days of phone interview.

Only to never be contacted again. No follow up via email, phone or mail.

After I contacted Vantage 4 different times, by calling the companies direct phone number, and direct phone number to the Human Resources department - not one person returned my call(s).

Interview Question – What would you be able to improve on?   Answer Question

Sales Accountant Manager Interview

Sales Accountant Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 4 different people. Three were managers and one was the HR Rep. Pretty straight forward and not intimidating.
CONS- They gave me a verbal offer and wanted me to accept it without receiving a formal written offer. Very shady about their offer which did not have a clear outline of the goal compensation

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work weekends?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I just felt like the interview process was a not formal and they seemed unorganized. I had a gut feeling that it wasn't what I wanted

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Interview Details – One interview and quick decision process

Negotiation Details – yes

IT Technology Interview

IT Technology
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel in June 2011.

Interview Details – Uneventful

Negotiation Details – Vantage tried to withdraw part of the written offer after I was hired.

Interactive Creative Director Interview

Interactive Creative Director
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vantage Deluxe World Travel in July 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with seven people in a two-day period and all but one told me that the owner/CEO was uneducated, abusive and that this was a horrible place to work. Two weeks later three of the people that I had interviewed with had quit. The job description had changed as well. The position was now three jobs in one.

Interview Question – Do you like working a lot of weekends at a moments notice?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vantage Deluxe World Travel? Contribute to the Community!

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Videos

Vantage Deluxe World Travel – Why Work for Us?

If you are driven by working in a dynamic environment where you’ll discover the value of impactful contributions in an industry that’s easy to fall in love with – the travel industry…Vantage may just be your next home… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vantage Deluxe World Travel interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vantage Deluxe World Travel employees and interview candidates.