Varian Medical Systems

www.varian.com

Varian Medical Systems Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Engineering Project Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through a friend. He gave it to the HR rep for Engineering who put it directly in the hiring manager's hands. One phone interview with the hiring manager and then a 1/2 day on site interview. I met with 6 people, the hiring manager, 2 functional managers, 1 fellow project manager, director of quality and the HR Rep.

Most interviewers were pretty easy and straightforward - actually most were not very prepared with questions or really understanding my resume. The director of quality was the opposite - she was very intense and had a list of questions which she rapid fired at me.

Interview Question – The hardest part of the interview was the rapid fire question session with the Dir of Quality. She had a list and just jumped from one thing to the next - it was an intense experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer, but asked for them to double the signing bonus, which they did.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Varian Medical Systems

Worked for Varian Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!