Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Varian Medical Systems
- Software Engineer (8)
- Field Service Engineer (5)
- Engineering (2)
- Test Technician (2)
- Manufacuring Technician (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Contracts Specialist (1)
- Manager (1)
- Supply Chain Manager (1)
- Project Design Manager (1)
- Area Sales Manager - Middle East (1)
- Final Test (1)
- NPI Project Manager (1)
- Software Quality Engineer III (1)
- IT Risk Management (1)
- Global Project Manager-New Product Introduction (1)
- Web Content & Front End Developer (1)
- Software Installation Engineer (1)
- Varian Medical Systems (1)
- Software Test Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer I (1)
- Software Engineer III (1)
- Intern (1)
- Senior Reliability Engineer (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Test Technician III (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- FSE (1)
- Software Developer (1)
Field Service Engineer Interview
Had 4 phone interviews all asking the same questions. Even did a ride along with the company. never received any feedback or follow ups, waste of time. I know some people who work for the company and they all love it. Must be a company once your in.
- where do you see yourself in 5-10 years Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Varian Medical Systems
Field Service Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in July 2014.
Initial phone interview was re-schedule by person twice, and then was earlier than agreed upon time. Person kept interrupting while I was attempting to answer questions, would not let me get a word in edge-wise. Salary expectations question was way too early in conversation. Somewhat of a condescending attitude and arrogant interviewer.
- Are you willing to either move to X or Y location? Do you know what you actually make right now, because most [military] folks have no idea what they really make. 1 Answer
Field Service Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Atlanta, GA).
The hiring and interview process was good. I was flown to a regional office and interviewed by a field service engineer, a district manager and a regional manager. Once hired the HR staff were a pleasure to deal with.
- The most difficult question was when I was asked to describe a problem I had and how I resolved it. Answer Question
Field Service Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Des Plaines, IL).
Haphazard at best, the hiring manager was recently promoted to Service Manager from installation. He knew NOTHING about field service in general. Thankfully there was a Senior Field Service Engineer at the interview as well, he pretty much ran the interview, the "manager" was a fly on the wall. Varian is the leading company in the Rad Onc Accelerator field, and they knew it, they treated me as though I were an imposition rather than a perspective emplyee.
- Pretty much as expected, they did try an obvious trick question, which was promptly identified and answered. Answer Question
Awkward, as I was recently separated from the military and was not entirely familiar with the negotiating process.
Field Service Engineer InterviewAccepted Offer
Apply, get a call back, phone screen, and interview. Asked many technical, troubleshooting, and customer interaction questions.
- If you are under high pressure because equipment is down, how do you handle the situation? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review