Varian Medical Systems Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.2

Field Service Engineer Interview

Interview

Had 4 phone interviews all asking the same questions. Even did a ride along with the company. never received any feedback or follow ups, waste of time. I know some people who work for the company and they all love it. Must be a company once your in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Varian Medical Systems

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview was re-schedule by person twice, and then was earlier than agreed upon time. Person kept interrupting while I was attempting to answer questions, would not let me get a word in edge-wise. Salary expectations question was way too early in conversation. Somewhat of a condescending attitude and arrogant interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to either move to X or Y location? Do you know what you actually make right now, because most [military] folks have no idea what they really make.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was good. I was flown to a regional office and interviewed by a field service engineer, a district manager and a regional manager. Once hired the HR staff were a pleasure to deal with.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when I was asked to describe a problem I had and how I resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

Haphazard at best, the hiring manager was recently promoted to Service Manager from installation. He knew NOTHING about field service in general. Thankfully there was a Senior Field Service Engineer at the interview as well, he pretty much ran the interview, the "manager" was a fly on the wall. Varian is the leading company in the Rad Onc Accelerator field, and they knew it, they treated me as though I were an imposition rather than a perspective emplyee.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much as expected, they did try an obvious trick question, which was promptly identified and answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Awkward, as I was recently separated from the military and was not entirely familiar with the negotiating process.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Interview

Apply, get a call back, phone screen, and interview. Asked many technical, troubleshooting, and customer interaction questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are under high pressure because equipment is down, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question