Varian Medical Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call directly from the HR department of Varian Medical systems, Pune. The HR explained me the position and told me that she would be sharing the JD through email, which did not happen for 3 days. I continuously followed up and finally received the JD, all the time the security used to pick the phone (I only had the board no.) and used to tell me "madam is busy in meeting". Finally i was sent the JD after multiple followups.

Had my first round of telephonic discussion scheduled and received the call on time. Had a long 45 min. discussion on various project management aspects, agile methodologies, tools etc. This time i was informed that i had cleared the first round of discussion and will be having the second round of discussion with their engineering manager and project manager followed by a presentation f2f @ Pune office.

During the 2nd round of Interview, the engineering manager was the only one who did all the talking. The project manager lady was almost silent throughout. The engineering manager never sounded patient enough to listen to my current & past work profile. He kept interrupting me every time i started answering his question. At one instance, he asked me to explain me my role in previous organization with all roles and responsibilities; which definitely takes 5 min. to explain. After listening to the complete stuff, he says "Sorry to Interrupt but i was lost somewhere, can you repeat everything again?" This was the boiling point for me, still i patiently started. As soon as i started i was again interrupted with a new question. His questions were very evidently showing that he wasn't hands on with agile methodologies. He repeatedly kept on asking me the difference between Scrum and XP because as per him, they are the same.

It is very frustrating trying to converse with an interviewer who is over-confident on his/her knowledge when actually he doesn't have much.

Interview Question – I don't really think Scrum and XP are different, why do you think so? This question was asked repeatedly.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Varian Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Varian Medical Systems Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Varian Medical Systems employees and interview candidates.