Varipoint Account Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Varipoint (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

You have an initial interview with basic interview questions. After you prove that you are qualified to talk to people, they have a second interview with leaders of the team that take you to the field.

Interview Questions

• What is your means of transportation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Varipoint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Varipoint (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

They will hire anyone. Dont even bother. You will get paid more at mcdonalds

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is full commission, they just lie to you until you are in the door enough and then tell you that.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Varipoint in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by Varipoint for an Account Manager position. The initial call consisted solely of a woman asking me about my salary requirements. I was scheduled to interview two days later. The first face-to-face interview asked me about my hobbies and goals in the industry. I was extremely clear that I had weekend obligations during this interview, and was under the impression that I was a good candidate when I was contacted for a second interview.

The second interview was surprising: a 6 hour ride along/Job Shadow. I took the day off work to perform this interview. I was packed into a waiting area with 8 other people also job shadowing that day. I was due to be there at 1:30, but was not introduced to my shadow for nearly an hour. He was the same person I had interviewed with who was not the president of the company, but a senior account representative. His appearance was unkempt, his shoes were broken down, the pants of his suit were ill-fitting, and obviously too short for his frame.

I was instructed to ride with him, and was on the Fort Pitt bridge when I began asking questions that seemed to be dodged during the initial interview. I asked him about the schedule, when he informed me that it was a six day workweek. I asked him if this was something that arrangements could be made for, on account of my discussing my second job, which he said "you won't need another job". This job is my personal business, which I am the owner of and cannot just quit. I asked him to turn around and take me back to the office. I was livid that my time and day off was wasted on this "interview".

I was then taken back to the office of the actual president of the company. His name was David, and I was asked to do an "exit interview". I'm not entirely sure why I need an exit interview when I don't work for the company yet. I explained that I was furious that I was led to believe that this position was a professional/office/career position, and the company concealed the fact that I was applying for a six day a week door-to-door sales position. He apologized, and insisted that the person who interviewed me was new to interviewing and would be coached on this interview. I was furious I took the day off work for this garbage. I proceeded to explain how incredibly unprofessional the whole process was, and that I learned from GlassDoor that this was a door-to-door sales position, not from anyone at VariPoint. Stay away from this company!

Interview Questions

They were misleading, unprofessional, and wasted my time. I refused to be schemed into a lesser position than the one I have now because they can't get anyone to work for them by being honest.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Varipoint (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

First round interview took place at their floor. I met with their vice president and was asked several behavior questions, took about 15-20 minutes. After that I was asked for a second round interview with one of their senior account manager. Each candidate went with one of the senior account managers for almost a day to experience and learn about what the actual work looked like.