Varolii

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Varolii in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by in person interview with several future co-workers.

Interview Question – Most questions were fairly general, with a small amount of white board work.   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Finance Associate
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Varolii in May 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the hiring manager, employees in the department and other departments that I would work directly with.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was simple, I was called by the recruiter who told me the salary and amount of shares I would receive upon signing. This was followed by a letter of confirmation.

Prefer Not to Say to Keep the Review Anon Interview

Prefer Not to Say to Keep the Review Anon
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Varolii in January 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. No surprises. Two phone screens, an all day in person interview with key stakeholders. It was a management position and I was pleasantly surprised that about half the interviewers would have been direct reports. You can learn a lot about a company and position listening to questions from frontline employees.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. All the questions were on target and related to the position. Nothing gimmicky. If you are knowledgeable in your field you should have no trouble.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was a trouble spot. I was recruited by Varolii, they called me. I was clear at every step of the process with my salary expectation - meet my current compensation. I was told several times this was no problem and my expectations were in line with the range for the position. However the offer letter was 10% below my current compensation. When I reached out to Varolii HR about the delta I was told take it or leave it. I left it. Had they told me up front they would not meet my current compensation it would have saved everyone a lot of time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Seattle, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Varolii in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a Varolii recruiter to set up 3 phone screens with the hiring manager and 2 other product managers. All had been with the company at least 5 years. The interview questions were not too demanding, mainly trying to figure out the extent of my formal product mgmt training (PPM cert) and whether I had any go-to-mkt pricing experience (I do not). The 30 minute phone screen does not offer much opportunity to get to know the person or to delve into significant detail.

Interview Questions

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Varolii in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company and did an initial interview with the internal recruiter. Next I interviewed with the hiring manager via phone. I was scheduled to talk to about five other phone interviewers who were in the group, over a period of a couple of weeks. Finally I was brought to HQ to meet 1:1 with about 5 more employees. Finally ending with the VP of the dept.

Most of the interviews were of a friendly "tell me about yourself" type with no surprise questions, or "gotcha" questions. I flew up in the morning, arriving about 9am, and when home on a 5:30pm flight. It was a long day, but nothing terrible.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation with a client and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the amount I was asking for so there really was no negotiation necessary.

Professional Services QA Engineer Interview

Professional Services QA Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Varolii in February 2008.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with the HR personnel. Followed up by a phone call from the hiring manager. Followed up with an interview by the group members (possibly with a few others from the department. Approximately 8-10 people. 2 at a time).

If you're receiving an offer, they will perform a background check on you and ask you to take a drug test.

Interview Question – Their questions were pretty standard. Nothing to be scared of. The in-person interview might be intimidating since there are a lot of people coming in and out (to interview you). That's all.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They used a contractor to negotiate with me. She was very professional but stingy.

Support Interview

Support

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Varolii in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was working with a recruiter on my job search. The recruiter notified me that there was a position at Varolii. I had a phone interview with the HR Department. I was interviewed in person by the manager of the department I was going to report to. The interview lasted about 2 hours. The recruiter called me the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Worked for Varolii? Contribute to the Community!