Varolii

Varolii Interview Questions

2.9

Prefer Not to Say to Keep the Review Anon Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Varolii in January 2013.

Pretty straight forward. No surprises. Two phone screens, an all day in person interview with key stakeholders. It was a management position and I was pleasantly surprised that about half the interviewers would have been direct reports. You can learn a lot about a company and position listening to questions from frontline employees.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. All the questions were on target and related to the position. Nothing gimmicky. If you are knowledgeable in your field you should have no trouble.   Answer Question

This was a trouble spot. I was recruited by Varolii, they called me. I was clear at every step of the process with my salary expectation - meet my current compensation. I was told several times this was no problem and my expectations were in line with the range for the position. However the offer letter was 10% below my current compensation. When I reached out to Varolii HR about the delta I was told take it or leave it. I left it. Had they told me up front they would not meet my current compensation it would have saved everyone a lot of time.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Varolii in March 2011.

I was first contacted by a Varolii recruiter to set up 3 phone screens with the hiring manager and 2 other product managers. All had been with the company at least 5 years. The interview questions were not too demanding, mainly trying to figure out the extent of my formal product mgmt training (PPM cert) and whether I had any go-to-mkt pricing experience (I do not). The 30 minute phone screen does not offer much opportunity to get to know the person or to delve into significant detail.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Varolii in May 2010.

I interviewed with the hiring manager, employees in the department and other departments that I would work directly with.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   View Answer
    It was simple, I was called by the recruiter who told me the salary and amount of shares I would receive upon signing. This was followed by a letter of confirmation.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Varolii in February 2010.

I was contacted by the company and did an initial interview with the internal recruiter. Next I interviewed with the hiring manager via phone. I was scheduled to talk to about five other phone interviewers who were in the group, over a period of a couple of weeks. Finally I was brought to HQ to meet 1:1 with about 5 more employees. Finally ending with the VP of the dept.

Most of the interviews were of a friendly "tell me about yourself" type with no surprise questions, or "gotcha" questions. I flew up in the morning, arriving about 9am, and when home on a 5:30pm flight. It was a long day, but nothing terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with a client and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    I got the amount I was asking for so there really was no negotiation necessary.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Varolii in January 2010.

Phone interview, followed by in person interview with several future co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were fairly general, with a small amount of white board work.   Answer Question

Support Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Varolii in May 2008.

I was working with a recruiter on my job search. The recruiter notified me that there was a position at Varolii. I had a phone interview with the HR Department. I was interviewed in person by the manager of the department I was going to report to. The interview lasted about 2 hours. The recruiter called me the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in wich there was a problem and what is was and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    Straight forward

Professional Services QA Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Varolii in February 2008.

Started with a phone interview with the HR personnel. Followed up by a phone call from the hiring manager. Followed up with an interview by the group members (possibly with a few others from the department. Approximately 8-10 people. 2 at a time).

If you're receiving an offer, they will perform a background check on you and ask you to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions were pretty standard. Nothing to be scared of. The in-person interview might be intimidating since there are a lot of people coming in and out (to interview you). That's all.   View Answer
    They used a contractor to negotiate with me. She was very professional but stingy.