Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Varsity Tutors
- Tutor (57)
- Academic Tutor (12)
- Private Tutor (11)
- Certified Tutor (8)
- City Wide Director (7)
- Math Tutor (5)
- Online Tutor (3)
- Director of Tutoring (3)
- Associate Director of Recruitment (2)
- Director (2)
- Sales Director (2)
- Instructor (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- City-wide Position (1)
- Varsity Tutors (1)
- Contractor - Tutor (1)
- Academic Tutor: Science + Math (1)
- City-wide Director of Recruitment (1)
- Tutoring Sales Director (1)
- SAT Tutor, Math Tutor, Private Tutor, Academic Tutor (1)
- Director of City-Wide Tutoring (1)
- City-Wide Director (1)
- Personal Tutor (1)
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Varsity Tutors.
My interview process was similar to many other posters. Upon application, I was contacted almost immediately and subjected to three interviews within a span of days. During each one, the interviewer gushed over my experience and abilities, indicating I could choose which of three available Director positions involving tutor recruitment, tutor management, or family management. Upon the third interview with the CEO Chuck (who pays no attention whatsoever to your answers and multitasks the entire time), I was advised I was a great match and would be contacted for final interview number four within two weeks. One month later, it still has not occurred.
- No questions are difficult and actually are naive, textbook drawn from the internet, and not real world. "Why should we hire you?" Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Varsity Tutors
Director InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Varsity Tutors (Tucson, AZ) in November 2009.
After submitting my resume, I was quickly contacted. I had an initial phone interview and a second phone interview with current directors. Next, I had an in-person interview with a different director. My final interview was in-person with the CEO. I was offered the position and started my new job shortly after.
- Even though I had held a similar position to the one I was applying for, I was asked about other previous management positions too. Answer Question
I was made a very fair offer and did not need to negotiate.