Varsity Tutors

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Tutoring Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Varsity Tutors in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview after submitting my resume online. The 15 minute interview turned into almost an hour and the interviewer and I really seemed to hit it off. He told me that the next step was to submit his interview notes to HR, who would "rank" my answers. I was told I would be contacted either way, but never heard anything back, even after sending emails to follow up. I rearranged my time to interview at the interviewer's convenience, so I don't feel a quick regret letter type of email would have been too much to ask.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Director of Tutoring Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Varsity Tutors.

Interview Details – The first interview was fantastic, the director who interviewed me by phone was friendly and easy to talk to. He told me I did well and scheduled me to interview with the CEO the next day. Completely different experience - I couldn't tell if the CEO was multi-tasking or just unfriendly, or trying to intimidate me, but he definitely was not listening and it was hard to get a response from him. Not sure I would take the job if offered because it would be difficult to report to someone who does not have the time to listen to you.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Varsity Tutors

Worked for Varsity Tutors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Varsity Tutors Director of Tutoring interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Varsity Tutors employees and interview candidates.