Vascular Solutions

www.vascularsolutions.com

Vascular Solutions Interview Questions

2.3

MedDevice Associate Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vascular Solutions.

Applied online. Only had one phone interview so far.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very easy and straightforward. (why did you choose your major, what are you interested in..)   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vascular Solutions.

Applied for job as it was posted. I had worked as an assembler there for a number of years before moving in to this position. When I first went to interview with Vascular it was a start up Company so it was a 1-1 interview with CEO and Lead for manufacturing. Asked about my medical background.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know what I knew about Vascular Solutions and how I knew what the company was about.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vascular Solutions in April 2012.

My initial contact with the company was through the HR director who is very nice and pleasant to talk to. After applying to the position through their application process I was invited for a phone interview. I was not entirely pleased with the application process because you are asked to fill out an application and to provide information which there was often not enough space to provide. For example, when filling in job descriptions and supervisor name/title/contact info there is not enough room to provide any amount of detail. For most titles, I had to abbreviate as much as possible.

I passed the initial phone screening and was invited to an onsite interview. I was provided with a list of names and job titles of those attending the interview and the format. However, I was not provided with a detailed itinerary so did not know with whom I'd be meeting when and for how long. I met with 7 people, 3 groups of 2 and one 1:1. I was a little displeased with with not knowing who was going to come in the door next because it did not allow me to be as prepared. However, I've interviewed in worse situations where the company wouldn't even provide me with job titles when I asked. I was also displeased because the interview felt more like an interrogation and not all interviewers showed up on time (i.e. some interviewers would walk in 5 minutes late while I was in the middle of being asked questions by the second interviewer). Additionally, each interview lasted for about 30 minutes, which left me with very little to no time to ask questions of my own.

The one bit of advice I can offer other interviewers is to practice and be prepared for all of the typical behavioral based interview questions. I was caught off guard when I shouldn't have been.

The job opportunity was a great one, but I was unsure of the company from almost the very beginning. My perception of the people is that they are too rushed and not the friendliest. Some of them seemed to have little interest in participating in my interview at all. It was stressed many times that the work culture is very fast paced and expects employees to take personal responsibility for all actions. The best thing I can say about the experience is that the HR director is very responsive and friendly. I wasn't expecting to receive the job offer, but thought long and hard about what my decision would have been if I did. I'm pretty sure I would have turned down the position because of the company culture and that's saying a lot in this tough job market when jobs aren't readily available.

Interview Questions
    • What is professional? Why should we hire you over other candidates?   View Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I only got a phone interview, but the HR representative was very nice. The first 5 minutes where "get to know you" questions about your interests, hobbies, etc. The rest was behavioral based questions and some time for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself- where you are from, what your hobbies are, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied for the Marketing Analyst Position through the company website. The following day I received a call from the HR manager to set up a phone interview. I went through the phone interview process the next day. The questions were very general; what are your interests? What was your most challenging class in college? Why do you want this position?
    After the phone interview the HR manager called and asked if I could do a video interview since I lived out of state. I agreed and the following week had an interview with the same HR manager via Go to Meeting online. The questions were a bit tougher such as; what do you think professional means? What would impede your ability to complete your job? etc.
    The hiring manager was very nice and easy to talk to. She got back to me the following Monday saying the company was moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you qualified for this position?   View Answer

Medical Device Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vascular Solutions in August 2011.

Phone interview and one on one interview with 6 people in office

After interviewing decided it wasn't the direction I wanted my career to go

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vascular Solutions in November 2011.

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. It was a very standard interview. Talk about your background, your academics, your experience, etc. easy.

However, they were very unprofessional with the followup. "I'll get back to you within a week" means they'll get back to you never. Beware of companies who do this, this is a sign of a bad company.

Horrible HR staff.