Vassar College

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.8

Academic Intern Interview

No interviews are required for this position. Students are selected to become interns after performing well in a particular class.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vassar College in November 2013.

I posted my application via the https://employment.vassar.edu site for a temporary (6+ month) position as IT Project Manager. Within a couple of days, I was contacted to set up a 30 minutes telephone screening interview, which took place about a week or so after I applied. The CIO and his direct reports all asked questions during the phone interview. About 2 weeks later, I got a phone call informing me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • As IT project manager, how would I handle a situation where a significant phase of a VoIP deployment was delayed due to a failed relationship with the vendor and a new vendor was being brought on board?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.
      What's your elevator pitch for "project management"?

Answer Question

Assistant Interview

What drew you to this position? What other commitments do you have? When are you available?

Institutional Research Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vassar College in April 2011.

To be honest, the most difficult part of the application process was discovering that Vassar spent the time to partake in well-documented Institutional Research. The school often portrays a calm nonchalance regarding its status as a "highly rated" institution, with the apparent intent to ignore said rankings. However, the school remains entrenched in the war of college ranks and is often looking for interns if you ask.

Research Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vassar College in January 2011.

Fairly easy everyone was happy with me