Vecna Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

I applied for a Robotics Software Engineering position. the job description asked for proficiency in one of languages: C++, Python, or Java, and a High School Diploma or GED (which I felt was odd). I have nearly 10 years experience of programing for robots in C++ and Python, and a BS in engineering. I had never actually heard of someone programing low-level robotic behavior in Java - only interfaces - and I had no experience in it and did not list it on my resume. But the test I was given was in Java. I was given three relatively simple Java assignments. Java is similar enough to C++ that all I had to do was look up and learn some new syntax, but I know the code I submitted was not as 'pretty' or efficient as it would have been, had I been given the same problems for C++ or Python. I received a "dear john" email shortly after submitting the test. Made me feel like Vecna's hiring process is a blind one. Like they don't bother reading an applicant's resume or cover letter before they begin to evaluate them, and adjust their evaluations to match. They would have had comparable tests in C++ and Python as well, and sent me both of those in place of the Java test. All-in-all, I was very unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• One of the test problems asked to count the number of time the word "dog" appeared in a string of text - and then asked why the problem was an ambiguous one.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

Had four rounds. First round was a java coding test that consisted of three coding questions. All the other interviews were based on resume and personal experiences. Second round was with a senior software engineer. Third with the program director and finally with the executive director of Vecna cares. All this took about 2-3 weeks. Never heard from the HR after that for weeks. It been 6+ weeks now. Every time I send the HR a follow up e-mail,l I get a standard reply saying that they are still conducting interviews. The HR is very dis-organize. Even they don't know at what level of the process you are in. One advice I would give is, if applying for Vecna always have a backup because they are un-reliable. I am very disappointed with the HR. I was lucky enough to have a back up job. The firm may be good, but the interview process is very very bad

Interview Questions

• First round was a java coding test that consisted of three coding questions. All the other interviews were based on resume and personal experiences.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Everyone is extremely friendly there. Two in person interview, and a phone interview with my future manager. Shortly afterward I received an email notifying me that I received an offer and I have two weeks to confirm my position.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollis, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies (Hollis, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line and was very quickly contacted by a recruiting agency. The recruiter was polite and prompt in all communications on the role. They had a long and quite time consuming questionnaire that I needed to fill out. After filling this out I found out they were not negotiable on the $70K base pay(quite low for this market).

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions as part of their application that required essay style answers.   Answer Question

Robotics Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies.

Interview

Code test first, and I had a phone interview and Skype interview after that. The code test is relatively easy, it's written in JAVA. And in the SKYPE interview, I talked with two supervisors sequentially.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asking about my resume, my relevant projects and basic engineering knowledge.   Answer Question

Technical Patent Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Just 5 minutes call to quickly ascertain my interest and got asked about my strength and weakness. I was then asked to send my technical writing samples for the review and was asked to wait for their response.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1: They send 3 Java coding questions. You need to solve and send it back within 2 days. Pretty easy for Java professionals. Step 2: Phone interview with one of the software engineer for 30 minutes Step 3: Skype interview with (I suppose) Team Lead and Director of Software Engineering Step 4: Onsite Interview (I got rejected in step 3) I got nervous in the Skype interview and got a reject. Totally my fault. Surprisingly, the reviews here are pretty negative. I actually found it to be a good company and HR people always keep you updated. Questions were very easy, but I messed it up in Skype interview. :( .. Good company overall and they do some quality work.

Interview Questions

• Sum of array elements using recursion, Generating random integers.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website and also sent a personal application email with relevant documents to one of the HRs. I was contacted with 2 weeks of my application. The process has 2 rounds of interviews. The first one is a technical round followed by an HR round if you clear the first round.

Interview Questions

• What are the various materials you used for your project?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through its website. They gave a java based test which you need to solve in three days. Questions were easy and straight forward.AFter you apply, you get an email in 2 days with three java files. You need to solve those those questions and send it in 2 days. Based on your programs they classify if you can go ahead or nor.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vecna Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

It was very mismanaged.First they sent an email for an online assessment which was to be coded in Java.After multiple followups for results status they mailed that they did not have any open positions for Java. It was a little confusing as my online assessment went quite well so I am not sure if it was results that screwed same up or they really did not have any open positions .If they did not have the positions not sure why they set up the assessment in the first place.