Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.6

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview was so easy. As long as you acted like you're a go getter and can sell a deaf person a CD, youre good. It was important to have a good hand shake and make good eye contact because this type of place looks for that type of thing a lot.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview is fairly easy, however to many seminars at come out of ur paycheck, too many appts just to get a decent pay, goals are set too high to start off working,. The people are really friendly and outgoing

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

It's a huge waste of time and I don't think anyone has the time to waste on something like this.
    It's not a sure thing, it's not secure and it's boring

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing in February 2015.

We filled out a form describing out schedule, work history, and address before the manager ushered me to a private room to tell me that I qualified for a round 2 of the interview without even looking at my qualifications or resume.

The second part was about 70 minutes in which the manager demonstrated the product (to pairs of interviewees) we would be selling while talking about how successful Vector was. He said that he was studying our reactions to everything the whole time to determine our character. Afterwards, he brought us into a separate office where he would privately tell us whether or not we got the job.

Even though he spent a fairly noticeable chunk of the presentation talking about how selective Vector was, I got the impression that everyone that walks into the interview gets a job. I was tipped off partly by the fact that every single interviewee I saw leaving the place had a hugeass smile on their face and by the fact that it was a character test as opposed to qualifications.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing in February 2015.

The process was a hybrid between an interview and early training. There were 3 stages in the interview: initial screening (followed by filling in paperwork), company exposure ( all the candidates left sit at a table and take notes on the company history and the product), followed by a final interview (standard questions: why do you think we should hire you?). The process took about 4-6 hours. I lost track of time cause it took so long, but it was an interesting experience to say the least.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

90 minute interview, three parts to it. They hire everyone as long as they are dressed okay. They have young people run the interviews because the managers are lazy. Money can be good if you are motivated, otherwise you will quit after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Rate your communication skills on a scale of 1-10   View Answer
    • If your friends and family were to describe you in three words, what would those words be   View Answer
    None

Sales Representative Interview

Very straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions to see if you'd be a good fit for the team. The one on one interview is followed by a group interview. The manager will tell you his/her decision that day.

Receptionist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Saw an ad on Craigslist, which gave a phone number. After I left a message for the District Manager, she called back fairly quickly. During our phone call, she asked me about my education an experience, then scheduled an in-person interview. In the in-person interview, we briefly went over my education and experience again, she asked me questions about myself. It was more of a casual conversation than a structured interview, which was nice for a change. She was pleasant and hired me on the spot. I began a few days later.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. You start at $7.50/hr, and as you get more experienced and prove yourself consistently, you can make more money. When I left, I was making $9.50 and had been promoted to a Receptionist Manager.

Senior Field Sales Leader Interview

Group interview. Begins with long presentation about company. Behavioral interview process. Questions were based on customer interactions and how you would behave when you have a difficult customer. Mock phone calls where your stress level was challenged. Interviewers were calm, but were grading you during the mock phone call

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a negative situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Just want to start by saying that everyone was really nice and I hope them all of the best! I applied online and got a response quickly however, when I went in for the interview I did not have a good feeling that it would be a good fit for me personally. The office was fine, but everything was pretty disheveled and there were many 'awards' around that looked like they made them at the place where you get your kids soccer trophies. The hiring manager was very nice and professional and again I have nothing bad to say about the people, just that selling knives was not a good fit for me personally. I did make the mistake of agreeing to go to the group round interview after the initial one on one, but the more I sat in the office, I realized that I was not going to move forward with the company and decided to leave. Understandably, the hiring manager was not happy with my decision.

Interview Questions
    • None really. How do you think you could benefit the company?   Answer Question