Vector Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
212 interviews

1.6

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

Recommended for the job by a friend. Got a call from someone at the company wanting to schedule an interview. I scheduled one for the following day and went in. Went in, filled out an application with questions regarding my employment history and such. I gave it to the manager then he took me into his office and asked me a few questions and told me he liked me and set up a follow-up interview. When I went back for my second interview there were several others there with me and we did a 20 minute group interview very easy. Every question was standard. Immediately after the interview the manager told us he had already decided the people he wanted for the job and about 5 out of the 6 of us got hired, me being one of them.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for Vector Marketing and what do you think you could bring to this company?"   Answer Question

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houma, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

I got the call the same day when I did my application and my husband as well, right after me. So, I was told to come dressed apporiately*. I scheduled the next day then when I went I was told to pick up a clip board to do a personality test. It was a small uncleaned room. Large T. V. wires every where and posters on walls and floor. So, she continued with our presentation of what Vector and Cutco is. And finished off with pay and commission. $15 base pay per application not per hour. And commission 10%-50% depending upon if you can sell up to $30,000 in sell to reach 50%. The odds were really high and you only get either or not both. At the end of each week your supppose to get paid but they don't take down personal information. So, I guess they write you a check.

Interview Questions

The pay and the scheduling really didn't appeal to me. You get either or base pay and commission. Not both.. Base pay means 15 per application not per hour.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2013.

Extremely professional and capable managers that are attentive and helpful. Interview questions were extremely straightforward and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately some of the ads online were a little misleading in terms of base pay and salary. The process itself was very basic and I enjoyed going through it, but I declined their offer to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Were you ever in a situation where you saw a coworker do something unethical and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

The pay was not as ideal as stated and I did not believe it to be worth my time.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

They will take anyone. It's more of a mass hiring and procedural thing, really. As for whether it's a 'real job' or not, it can potentially pay like one, but in the end vector is the one taking away the majority of the profits you rake in.

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vector Marketing in February 2012.

I was contacted by them, set up an interview the same week they called. First step is a one on one interview with the a hiring manager, basically a pre screening to see if you're eligible for the job. Once you pass that, you have a group interview, same day, where the same manager goes over in detail what the job is about and how pay works.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

They conducted the pretty standard interview. They had about 25 people in the waiting room and would bring us in 3 at a time and interview us together and then if they liked us would bring us back as just one person. I was nervous until I found out I got the job but after using my common sense I realized that they hire pretty much anyone because it is a direct sales organization and they make more money by hiring more people since most people sell to their families and people they know.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you worked through a difficulty and came out on top? Any questions like these where you either bs something or actually can remember a specific experience which is sometimes hard on the spot   Answer Question
    I had just graduated high school so I basically just showed my parents the contract and signed because it was thoroughly explained. There was no negotiation between me and the company.

Anonymous Employee  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

Interviewer was very young and knew how old I was and my experience and I had more sales experience than the whole office. but I could tell he wasn't going to call as everyone in the office was young.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Washington, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2014.

Had to call in and they did not answer just to see if I sounded energetic enough. Got a call back for a interview and basically did well on the phone. Was suppose to come the same day but was pushed back to the following week. When I got there the receptionist greeted me nicely and had to fill out a simple paper. Elijah Cheeks took me in with another person but did not pay me any attention. Was not asked any questions I guess cause I don't wrestle. He then told us due to us not having a license we could not have the job which was not mentioned on the job description or phone interview. The most unprofessional interview I've ever been in. Told us to call in when we got a license I would never waste my time with them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!