Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.6

Saleman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Bronx, NY).

Interview

When I got there i had to fill out a form, which included my name, dob and past jobs etc. A few people were asked to identify themselves based on the past experiences on the form. Then, there was a group interview and questions were randomly asked. The one's that stood out would get an opportunity to join the company along with the candidates already selected from the pile.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between face to face and telephone sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

You are individually screened by the manager in a separate room usually, asking you basic questions about your involvement in the area, and whether you've committed a felony. Then altogether as a group you are brought into a separate room where there is a group interview. There are basic questions asked of the group that the manager expects either everyone or will ask a specific person to answer. They go over the product, the company, and the sales model, doing some product demonstrations, before sending you home. Usually they call the same day to tell you whether you will be brought on for training or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Cutler Bay, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is broken down into three parts. First it begins with a 1-on-1 pre-screening where a manager asks a few questions about your goals and personality to get a better idea of who you are. If they like what they hear, they will invite you to stay for the second interview which is conducted in a group setting. In this second part, you will view a presentation about the Vector company and what they intend to accomplish. You will be expected to take notes on the presentation as it goes along and engage in the questions being asked to the group. The manager told us that about 80% of the hiring decision comes from this part of the interview so put your best foot forward. The last part is the final interview which is done 1-on-1 with the manager, where he or she will ask you a few final questions to recap on the whole presentation.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel that you can bring to the Vector company for me to consider hiring you?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

I got a letter in the mail advertising summer customer service work and I called the number and set up an interview the same day. I arrived and there were a bunch of other people waiting in the lobby and the receptionist pointed to a sign that said to fill out an application and wait for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• They did paired interviews and asked what kind of work we were looking for, explained what kind of sales Vextor did (btw going to peoples houses and selling knives) and asked our availability and interest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Chico, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening then multiple candidate interviews and demonstrations. Quick decision process. Group team environment. Professional appearance and business. Self motivation driven. Just all around it was a very enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• What do u like to do. Are you a student. Other essential questions.   Answer Question

Cutco Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Vancouver, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had about a 5-10 minute initial interview then a group 2nd interview to go over the process and training briefly. After an hour of that u have 1 more brief 1on1 interview to see if your someone they are looking for to work with Cutco. I now have training scheduled to start tomorrow. This was pretty fast and can't wait to start

Interview Questions

• Have you read up on the position you have applied to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are looking for people who have a professional appearance and attitude towards being willing to learn

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

I filled out the contact information on their website to be contacted for a phone interview. About 3 minutes later I received a phone call from the receptionist. She asked me a few easy questions such as where did I here about the job from and why I felt I would be a good fit for their company, as well as gave me a little background information. Towards the end of the conversation she said she thought her manager was looking for someone like me and she would like to set up an in person interview. She said if I was selected I would then proceed on to the three day training. She then gave me the time for an interview the next day at noon and directions to there office. She told me to bring a pen and paper so I could jot done notes for when the manager speaks with us about the company and she said that it would last about 60 minutes. The next day when I arrived I was told to fill out an application there after the manager greeted me and directed me to his office where he went over my application and asked me a few basic questions such as; 1) When is the soonest I would be available to start 2) Are you employed now 3) Tell me a time when you lead a project 4) Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job. Then at the end he told me that he would review all applicants later that evening and make a decision. He said to expect to receive a call the next day by noon if I was selected for the job. Then he said that their would be a second interview if I was selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Extremely Easy. If you can talk, you'll get the job. My interviewers did not really seem interested in me or my experience but more about them getting another body, another worker.

Interview Questions

• There were really only confirmation questions. I.E. SO you go to ______ University? Also he asked to tell me why he should hire me in 30 seconds   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call saying I was recommended by a friend and that they had an interview running the next day. They brought us in a room and everyone filled out an application. The manager came in and would take an application and call the person back to his office. He talked for two or three minutes basically just reviewing the application. He then said you could go through to the second interview. The second interview was basically him giving a sales pitch and breaking down what the company was all about by presenting a slideshow. It was a group interview. So basically, not an interview. Just a presentation. At the end of the presentation, he gave everyone another sheet to fill out. He did the same thing as before and called us back into his office and gave us all a "yes or no answer". I'm fairly sure everyone was offered a job but I'm not positive. Either way, it was an overall easy interview. The last part was basically just him giving you the information about the training program.

Interview Questions

• On the second paper, you are asked "how the vector marketing pay system works" or something to that effect   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Layton, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Layton, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Well he took four of us in a room at a time and kind of talked to all of us about who and what vector/CutCo is then he interview us one by one, It was different from any other interview I've been to but I like it a lot more I felt more comfortable for sure! Then when we were done we went into a second room with the rest of the group and he showed us a demo and explained things a little bit. Afterwards while we were filling out a paper he was having us go out of the room with him one by one, basically asking us hat our strengths and weaknesses are Then he said he's call us and let us know I we got the job or not and that was it(: like I said it was different but it was fun, I actually enjoyed the interview process.