Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

1.6

Sales Representative Interview

Open interview. Everyone gets hired if you pay for your tools and sell them. It is not worth it. No one really wants to buy kitchen appliances via a knock on the door. No code calling. Pure field sales representative work. After the open interview, you go into a one-on-one interview which is a joke and then they try to convince you to do sales. Not worth my time.

District Manager Interview

Interviews with the Division Manager to go over your personal success with the company and to go over the skills you have that would make you a good fit for the position. Review of my summer as a Branch Manager to see where my strengths and weaknesses are. The interview lasts about 45 minutes and it is determined which positions are available and would be a good fit for my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • What areas of the business could you have improved upon that you will work on for the coming summer if offered a territory?   View Answer

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Two rounds of interview, no real time wasted, but very very strange atmosphere. paint can propping open a door, very small space, unprofessionally dressed receptionists. Anyone and their mother can get an interview here, and get hired there as well.

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

They will take anyone. It's more of a mass hiring and procedural thing, really. As for whether it's a 'real job' or not, it can potentially pay like one, but in the end vector is the one taking away the majority of the profits you rake in.

N/A

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

They conducted the pretty standard interview. They had about 25 people in the waiting room and would bring us in 3 at a time and interview us together and then if they liked us would bring us back as just one person. I was nervous until I found out I got the job but after using my common sense I realized that they hire pretty much anyone because it is a direct sales organization and they make more money by hiring more people since most people sell to their families and people they know.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you worked through a difficulty and came out on top? Any questions like these where you either bs something or actually can remember a specific experience which is sometimes hard on the spot   Answer Question
    I had just graduated high school so I basically just showed my parents the contract and signed because it was thoroughly explained. There was no negotiation between me and the company.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2014.

Had to call in and they did not answer just to see if I sounded energetic enough. Got a call back for a interview and basically did well on the phone. Was suppose to come the same day but was pushed back to the following week. When I got there the receptionist greeted me nicely and had to fill out a simple paper. Elijah Cheeks took me in with another person but did not pay me any attention. Was not asked any questions I guess cause I don't wrestle. He then told us due to us not having a license we could not have the job which was not mentioned on the job description or phone interview. The most unprofessional interview I've ever been in. Told us to call in when we got a license I would never waste my time with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Sales Representative Interview

Sketchy company. Only pursue a career with this company if you LOVE sales and are interested in something less business professional. I was contacted 3 minutes after applying to schedule an interview, which I personally think is much too soon... that's not even enough time to read my resume. They basically just wanted me to sell knives door-to-door. If I had known up front what the position's objectives were I would have never applied in the first place.

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!