Vector Marketing

Average Difficulty
209 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Question – Everything is pretty cut and dry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – They will take anyone. It's more of a mass hiring and procedural thing, really. As for whether it's a 'real job' or not, it can potentially pay like one, but in the end vector is the one taking away the majority of the profits you rake in.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vector Marketing in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by them, set up an interview the same week they called. First step is a one on one interview with the a hiring manager, basically a pre screening to see if you're eligible for the job. Once you pass that, you have a group interview, same day, where the same manager goes over in detail what the job is about and how pay works.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Question – There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no need to negotiate.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – They conducted the pretty standard interview. They had about 25 people in the waiting room and would bring us in 3 at a time and interview us together and then if they liked us would bring us back as just one person. I was nervous until I found out I got the job but after using my common sense I realized that they hire pretty much anyone because it is a direct sales organization and they make more money by hiring more people since most people sell to their families and people they know.

Interview Question – When was a time that you worked through a difficulty and came out on top? Any questions like these where you either bs something or actually can remember a specific experience which is sometimes hard on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had just graduated high school so I basically just showed my parents the contract and signed because it was thoroughly explained. There was no negotiation between me and the company.

Mentor, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very young and knew how old I was and my experience and I had more sales experience than the whole office. but I could tell he wasn't going to call as everyone in the office was young.

Interview Question – Why did you really want the job?   View Answer

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Vector Marketing Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in April 2012.

Interview Details – There was a simple questionairre/application that a group of us filled out. Of that group a select few went on to interview with a manager. That meeting was followed immediately by a brief presentation of the company and products they sell.

Negotiation Details – There was none

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Fort Washington, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2014.

Interview Details – Had to call in and they did not answer just to see if I sounded energetic enough. Got a call back for a interview and basically did well on the phone. Was suppose to come the same day but was pushed back to the following week. When I got there the receptionist greeted me nicely and had to fill out a simple paper. Elijah Cheeks took me in with another person but did not pay me any attention. Was not asked any questions I guess cause I don't wrestle. He then told us due to us not having a license we could not have the job which was not mentioned on the job description or phone interview. The most unprofessional interview I've ever been in. Told us to call in when we got a license I would never waste my time with them.

Interview Question – Do you have a license   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Acton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first time I had heard of the company was actually a call from them. Apparently 1 of my friends had recommended me for an interview. I did accept, and was immediately scheduled for an interview the next week. Originally though, they wanted me to come on for an interview that night.There were 3 stages of the process. The first was a 1-on-1 interview, the second a group interview/presentation of the product, and the 3rd was a final 1-on-1 interview stating whether or not you had been hired. The process felt very rushed though, especially during the 1-on-1 interviews. Before the initial interview, you had to come in to fill out paperwork that was essentially a written job application. No one in my group seemed to have finished answering the questions by the time we were called in, and there was no need to finish them after the interview was done. Also, you could get asked to leave at any point; 1 person was turned away within 5 minutes of him sitting down in the office. Also, after I was accepted, I was asked if I could join a training course the day after the interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected would be how on the bottom of the paperwork, there was a space to add about 15 people's names and email/phone number, so that they could call them and ask if they wanted to join Vector.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another job that took up more time than I thought.

Elmsford, NY

Interview Details – Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Question – Nothing tricky really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!