Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

1.6

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

it is very simple process. fill some forms. the manager talked about the company, product, and position description. the manager also asked several easy questions. i thought i didn't prepare well, but he gave me the offer very fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing in October 2014.

The interview was pretty simple, first you start off with a prescreen with the manager. All you do is review your application then if all goes well you go in a room with 5 to 12 other candidates and the manager tells you about the company, what your job is etc, after that you speak with the manage again one on one to see if you've been selected to get the job. It super easy and kind of stupid. Interview took 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions at all, " On a scale of 1-10 how high would you rate your sales skills and why"   Answer Question
    I told them I don't want to meet my customers face to face, so I sell my items virtually.

Sales Representative Interview

Open interview. Everyone gets hired if you pay for your tools and sell them. It is not worth it. No one really wants to buy kitchen appliances via a knock on the door. No code calling. Pure field sales representative work. After the open interview, you go into a one-on-one interview which is a joke and then they try to convince you to do sales. Not worth my time.

District Manager Interview

Interviews with the Division Manager to go over your personal success with the company and to go over the skills you have that would make you a good fit for the position. Review of my summer as a Branch Manager to see where my strengths and weaknesses are. The interview lasts about 45 minutes and it is determined which positions are available and would be a good fit for my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • What areas of the business could you have improved upon that you will work on for the coming summer if offered a territory?   View Answer

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Two rounds of interview, no real time wasted, but very very strange atmosphere. paint can propping open a door, very small space, unprofessionally dressed receptionists. Anyone and their mother can get an interview here, and get hired there as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing in September 2014.

I was called within 10 minutes of applying to Vector Marketing - Raleigh, NC.

I was told that this was a phone interview and a job interview was to follow. I was ask a few questions - told my experience about marketing, my education, etc. Everything appeared to go seemingly well. I was given the address to the place and had my interview today.

The building was very old and run down as if they had no one taking care of the place. I reached the second floor of the building and saw a small room called "Vector". I got a few nerves so I got a drink from the water fountain before proceeding in.

The room was kind of small with a bunch of young men around my age (college age) inside standing in a line proceeding to check-in and they were also filling out another job application. No one was at the desk so I picked up what everyone else was doing.

I checked-in and did the application. Their was a balance of black applicants and white applicants. We were told by this Mr. Martinez that we would go into the interview two at a time.

I was called along with another guy. Previously we were asked to dress business - casual. I wore slacks, blazer, dress shoes, etc. The other guy in the interview wore short bright pink Hollister shorts and a polo shirt.

We were asked a few questions about our experience in communication. I gave my experience with a program called AmeriCorps as well as experimental in college. The guy beside me gave a short answer that his friend had told him about the job without elaborating. At that moment - only 3 minutes in I was told that they'd give a call to their more qualified applicants and was asked to leave the room. Just like that.

The other guys that were asked to leave the room were outside the building - the people they were partnered with were moved to a separate room in the building - we all knew we hadn't gotten the job.

The obvious question was why. I found the whole experience very odd. Walking into the place - which look quite old and haunted if you ask me - I knew that if I had been chosen I'd probably turn down the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why does the 5 in your phone number look like an 8? I'll fix them and make it look like it's supposed too.   View Answer

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

They will take anyone. It's more of a mass hiring and procedural thing, really. As for whether it's a 'real job' or not, it can potentially pay like one, but in the end vector is the one taking away the majority of the profits you rake in.

N/A

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

They conducted the pretty standard interview. They had about 25 people in the waiting room and would bring us in 3 at a time and interview us together and then if they liked us would bring us back as just one person. I was nervous until I found out I got the job but after using my common sense I realized that they hire pretty much anyone because it is a direct sales organization and they make more money by hiring more people since most people sell to their families and people they know.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you worked through a difficulty and came out on top? Any questions like these where you either bs something or actually can remember a specific experience which is sometimes hard on the spot   Answer Question
    I had just graduated high school so I basically just showed my parents the contract and signed because it was thoroughly explained. There was no negotiation between me and the company.