Vector Marketing

Average Difficulty
204 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The hiring manager had four candidates to interview in the same 2 hour block. We had a group demonstration with the product and then he called each of us in for a one-on-one interview. He promised to give us each a job decision by the end of the meeting. They didn't seem very picky.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good at selling THIS product?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This position requires you to use your connections in order to gain clients. This was a position in which I did not feel comfortable putting my friends and family.

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – I had a group interview and it started out with some sales questions and then the second interview that was one-on-one had personal questions. My friend who was already working there advised me to try to answer as many questions as possible in the group interview to ensure that I stood out.

Interview Question – There were questions about sales but they were all fairly common sense. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview started as a group interview. I was called in for an interview after making a phone call just to find out more information which took me by surprise. The office setting wasn't terribly professional and I, along with a handful of other people scattered around tables in a room, filled out the basic application form. The group interview was primarily a Cutco demo and then we were pulled into a separate office individually after during which each person was told whether or not they were hired.

Interview Question – Any question involving knives   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in December 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 stages to the interview, the first was a very informal interview where the interviewer will just ask you some simple questions about what you're doing right now, if you're in school what are you doing. Then the next part is a group demonstration with all of the other applicants, this part is to see how you function when under pressure, they will ask you questions regarding what they were talking about in front of the group this is also a test of how outgoing you are, so try to answer as many questions as you can also pay attention. The 3rd part is the formal interview where you are asked why you should become a member of the team and why should they hire you, as well as what you believe some of your strongest qualities are, they are all very simple questions but be sure to answer them carefully, only about 4-5 of the 15 applicants are picked for the job.

Interview Question – How effective do you think you would be as a sales rep for vector?   Answer Question

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Vector Marketing Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in October 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with a beginning interview at a school recruiting fair. A representative from the company asked some introductory questions, after this, It then led to an interview the same day at the office.

Interview Question – If we asked someone about you, what would they be say?   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call the same day I applied online. I was asked if I could do a 5 minute phone interview right then and I agreed. The "interview" consisted of being asked incredibly base questions like "Are you driven by success?" followed with overly enthusiastic "That's great!"s to all of my answers. Hesitant, but curious, I allowed them to schedule me for an interview the next morning. After researching the company (because of the scam-vibe I got from the phone conversation) I decided not to interview. The company then called me back and told me about my new interview time for the NEXT day. Really? Who reschedules a no-call no-show? I didn't show to that interview either and they called me AGAIN to reschedule for a 3rd time......

Interview Question – None really, they clearly just want as many possible employees in the door as possible because I assume turnover rate is very high.   Answer Question

Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – It was an unusual interview - a large group of people being interviewed at the same time, and then individual interviews. I stumbled on some questions and didn't do so well, so when the interviewer said I got the job right on the spot, I was a little skeptical because it made them seem extremely desperate.

Negotiation Details – none

Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – There was a group interview of about 6 to 8 people. The manager showed us a video about what the company does and sells and their unique "approach" and asked questions we were expected to openly volunteer to answer.

Interview Question – Why do you think we have such a risky approach?   View Answer

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online and I was called the next day. They ask the same questions on the phone as the online application which only asked age, name, contact info, and then they schedule you an appointment time for an interview and ask you to show up early to fill out some paperwork. They collect he paperwork and send you into a big room with everyone else applying for the job. In the big room they go around and ask everyone their name, why they are applying for the job and what their long term/life goal is and then the manager says that all of those things are possible here, the manager and assistant manager both tell their life stories to everyone applying. The "interview" was more like a pep talk for all of us at first, and then we all went into a smaller room with a TV and the assistant manager of the office started demonstrating some kitchen products they sell after showing the video about the history of the product. Then the assistant manager asked us one by one into his office and offered all of us the job. I have never been to a job interview anything like it, and that is definitely not a good thing.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any questions other than contact info and whether or not you thought you could sell the product   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was first first job and first job interview, I had no idea what I was getting into.

Elmhurst, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2011.

Interview Details – There is only one interview and it will occur through a group session at the start and conclude with a roughly 5 minute individual interview with someone who is currently working there. It is not a tough process to get hired. The actual weed out process is through the actual work where if you do not do well enough you won't make money and will quit or they will let you go.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions but I do remember a couple of weird ones.   Answer Question