Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Euless, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very fast my District Manager interviewed me right away and after the initial screening I went on the the second part of the interview which was note taking and an overview of what we would be doing for our position. They also explained what vector had to offer besides being a sales rep

Interview Questions

• Am I good with people? Rate myself 1-10   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Charlottesville, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview followed by short 1-on-1. The owner of the branch gave us an hour long presentation and then had us fill out a short form on what we wanted gain from working for the company. The owner was young but enthusiastic and gave a great presentation. If anything it seemed a little too easy to get through since there weren't any real probing questions and he was quick to point out that they don't do the things that gave them a bad representation in the past anymore.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you think you will be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Lewisville, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Well there is an initial interview where they ask you about why you applied and how you found out about the job. Then there us a group interview where they tell you about the company and the product the company makes. After that they have the final interview where they ask you why you want the job and what makes you a good fit for the job as well as some special qualities you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the tabke that others don't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't really a negotiation phase there is a minimum pay though.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called back a day later. The interview itself was easy. She did most of most of the talking. And any questions she did ask were very simple. She made me read a script and recorded me in order to judge my tonality, voice, and reading speed. At the end she left me alone to take an online personality test.

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (El Paso, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was done in a group setting. I did not need to supply my Resume even though I did take it. The interview itself was very brief, and I was informed of my status immediately after. I was told I got the job along with two other interviewees along side me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Mansfield, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

One-on-one with current employee during a job fair. He reviewed my resume in front of me and asked me personal questions about what was mentioned. He was very friendly and assured me that I had optimistic prospects should I ever begin working at Vector. He was very clear when discussing salary. He was also very articulate when discussing the company's history and success rate. It was almost as if he wanted me working there more than I wanted to work there but I knew that couldn't possibly be the case

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about speaking with a lot of people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Greeley, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Well in the interview i thought i would back out and get no job at all since my other job is district 6 of weld county is seasonal. I thought i woyld give it a try out of my comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• what is quality as a vector sale rep?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have no clue but i got the job and having fun with it!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

they tell you interview once you get in there turns out to be 2 hour process with a group interview. which they shouls tell you on phone expect that way you are prepared due to have kids family or whatever you may have to do after. the managet was very sweet though

Sale Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

A mixture of 1 on 1 and group interview formats with a friendly and open atmosphere. How the interview process works in chronological order:

First employee candidates are asked to fill out a form with their basic personal and contact information, most prominent qualifications, strong points and weak points, and what they can offer to Vector.

After the form is completed the candidate is asked into a 1 on 1 screening interview with a senior representative. If everything is in order the candidate is asked to stay for a group interview, if not they are politely dismissed.

If you are given a pass, the group setting of the interview commences and all candidates present are given a demo of what they are going to be doing and some of the specifics surrounding the job. Firstly, Cutco and Vector Marketing's company mission, success story, and history are introduced, secondly the company structure and what the position entails (at this point the Vector representative actually gives a demo of their products), thirdly the pay range for sales reps and various possible advancements in the company are introduced, lastly a wrap up of previous concepts and a question and answer session.

If you are still set on the job you are asked to a final 1 on 1 interview wrap up that lasts around 5 to 10 minutes. Sometime during this session you are either going to be offered a position are not. If you're offered a position the representative will probably invite you to training sessions for the position, these sessions will probably within the next week.

Some bad things about the interview:

Music was playing in the background, probably with the idea that it would lighten the mood. This sadly gave a slightly unprofessional feel to the interview and took away some of the positions esteem. "Nothing makes a candidate feel better than listening to music while you are being given a presentation on the company you plan to work for" <-(if you did not catch it the sarcasm here was intended).

The advertisement for the position was not misleading, but it was INCREDIBLY vague. Arriving at the interview you are enlightened to the fact that no pay is guaranteed and that the sales structure relies on referrals and appointments.

Redemption:

During the interview you are constantly reminded that the position is not for everyone. Getting used to the way the company operates might be very hard for some people with no prior experience in sales. In addition, the representative will mostly likely tell you that it takes a LOT of work when you start out. However, if you work hard and actually follow through with the position it pays well and offers plenty of potential advancements in the company. Vector marketing also offers training to its new employees and seems to be willing to help out getting people started (this was my personal experience).

Conclusion:

If you get a good sales representative from Vector Marketing and are aligned with a good sales office the position seems pretty legitimate despite its potentially shady practices.

Notes: You are not informed if anybody else has gotten another position, they are not obligated to tell you why you were rejected (if you were that is).

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in entry level sales?   Answer Question
    • What can you offer Vector Marketing, and how will you proceed if you are offered a position?   Answer Question

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Arlington, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved group settings in order to observe group communication skills. When you arrive you are asked to go to a waiting room with other people. The manager calls you in one by one for a 15 minute pre screening. After that everyone participates in a 45 minute group activity that is pretty much a mock demo (for me it was). Finally, the manager calls you in to give you his comments and either accept or deny your application.