Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

1.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vector Marketing in February 2012.

I was contacted by them, set up an interview the same week they called. First step is a one on one interview with the a hiring manager, basically a pre screening to see if you're eligible for the job. Once you pass that, you have a group interview, same day, where the same manager goes over in detail what the job is about and how pay works.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

They conducted the pretty standard interview. They had about 25 people in the waiting room and would bring us in 3 at a time and interview us together and then if they liked us would bring us back as just one person. I was nervous until I found out I got the job but after using my common sense I realized that they hire pretty much anyone because it is a direct sales organization and they make more money by hiring more people since most people sell to their families and people they know.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you worked through a difficulty and came out on top? Any questions like these where you either bs something or actually can remember a specific experience which is sometimes hard on the spot   Answer Question
    I had just graduated high school so I basically just showed my parents the contract and signed because it was thoroughly explained. There was no negotiation between me and the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

Interviewer was very young and knew how old I was and my experience and I had more sales experience than the whole office. but I could tell he wasn't going to call as everyone in the office was young.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2014.

Had to call in and they did not answer just to see if I sounded energetic enough. Got a call back for a interview and basically did well on the phone. Was suppose to come the same day but was pushed back to the following week. When I got there the receptionist greeted me nicely and had to fill out a simple paper. Elijah Cheeks took me in with another person but did not pay me any attention. Was not asked any questions I guess cause I don't wrestle. He then told us due to us not having a license we could not have the job which was not mentioned on the job description or phone interview. The most unprofessional interview I've ever been in. Told us to call in when we got a license I would never waste my time with them.

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in April 2012.

There was a simple questionairre/application that a group of us filled out. Of that group a select few went on to interview with a manager. That meeting was followed immediately by a brief presentation of the company and products they sell.

There was none

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Acton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

The first time I had heard of the company was actually a call from them. Apparently 1 of my friends had recommended me for an interview. I did accept, and was immediately scheduled for an interview the next week. Originally though, they wanted me to come on for an interview that night.There were 3 stages of the process. The first was a 1-on-1 interview, the second a group interview/presentation of the product, and the 3rd was a final 1-on-1 interview stating whether or not you had been hired. The process felt very rushed though, especially during the 1-on-1 interviews. Before the initial interview, you had to come in to fill out paperwork that was essentially a written job application. No one in my group seemed to have finished answering the questions by the time we were called in, and there was no need to finish them after the interview was done. Also, you could get asked to leave at any point; 1 person was turned away within 5 minutes of him sitting down in the office. Also, after I was accepted, I was asked if I could join a training course the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected would be how on the bottom of the paperwork, there was a space to add about 15 people's names and email/phone number, so that they could call them and ask if they wanted to join Vector.   Answer Question

I had another job that took up more time than I thought.

Sales Representative Interview

Sketchy company. Only pursue a career with this company if you LOVE sales and are interested in something less business professional. I was contacted 3 minutes after applying to schedule an interview, which I personally think is much too soon... that's not even enough time to read my resume. They basically just wanted me to sell knives door-to-door. If I had known up front what the position's objectives were I would have never applied in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Student Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

I received a letter in the post from Vector Marketing asking to call the office, as I had been recommended for a student sales position. I was skeptical of a mail offer for an interview, but as I had nothing but an internship over the summer I decided the least I could do was research the company and give it a try. I filled out a quick online application, and someone was within touch in the next hour. They did not ask many questions, but immediately scheduled an interview with me for that evening. I was still skeptical about not being given time to prepare for an interview, but I went anyway. I was nervous going into the building, as it was dead quiet, no insignia on the doors, and a winding maze to the "waiting room." I thought about leaving, but decided I had driven in, the least I could do was hear them out. In the "first round" of interviews, I filled out a brief application that was then taken to the District Manager for approval. I asked the receptionist if she needed my resume, and she declined. This struck me as very odd, but not as odd as the meeting with the manager. I was called into the manager's office with another applicant, and was told that we had both made it to the next round of interviewing- we hadn't even been asked a single question at that point. The "second round" was essentially a sales presentation to myself and two of the other applicants: what Vector Marketing was about, what product they sold (Cutco is the only product they manage), and how pay worked. As the "interview" progressed, I realized that my skepticism was well-placed. After still being asked no questions, we were told that all three of us had made it to the "third round." At this point, I realized that Vector was just looking for people, not necessarily the best or most qualified for sales positions, but just bodies with new contacts that they could try to sell their product to. I was given an additional application to fill out before I would be hired, which asked for the names of ten people looking for a job. As the manager had already left the room and was nowhere to be found, I simply wrote that I appreciated their interviewing me, but I was obviously not the person for their job. I do feel that this would be a good job for outgoing undergraduate students with little to no work experience, but not for a graduate student with plenty of previous work experience and little need for a "multimillion dollar international company" to bolster my resume with.

Interview Questions
    • I was not directly asked any questions, but was given an opportunity to answer questions about the company during the presentation, so if you are interested in this position you should research the company beforehand.   Answer Question

I have little interest in trying to force a product onto my friends and family, and even less interest in trying to get customers to give me the names of 5 to 20 "sure bet" friends to pitch this product to.