Vector Marketing

1.6

Student Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

I received a letter in the post from Vector Marketing asking to call the office, as I had been recommended for a student sales position. I was skeptical of a mail offer for an interview, but as I had nothing but an internship over the summer I decided the least I could do was research the company and give it a try. I filled out a quick online application, and someone was within touch in the next hour. They did not ask many questions, but immediately scheduled an interview with me for that evening. I was still skeptical about not being given time to prepare for an interview, but I went anyway. I was nervous going into the building, as it was dead quiet, no insignia on the doors, and a winding maze to the "waiting room." I thought about leaving, but decided I had driven in, the least I could do was hear them out. In the "first round" of interviews, I filled out a brief application that was then taken to the District Manager for approval. I asked the receptionist if she needed my resume, and she declined. This struck me as very odd, but not as odd as the meeting with the manager. I was called into the manager's office with another applicant, and was told that we had both made it to the next round of interviewing- we hadn't even been asked a single question at that point. The "second round" was essentially a sales presentation to myself and two of the other applicants: what Vector Marketing was about, what product they sold (Cutco is the only product they manage), and how pay worked. As the "interview" progressed, I realized that my skepticism was well-placed. After still being asked no questions, we were told that all three of us had made it to the "third round." At this point, I realized that Vector was just looking for people, not necessarily the best or most qualified for sales positions, but just bodies with new contacts that they could try to sell their product to. I was given an additional application to fill out before I would be hired, which asked for the names of ten people looking for a job. As the manager had already left the room and was nowhere to be found, I simply wrote that I appreciated their interviewing me, but I was obviously not the person for their job. I do feel that this would be a good job for outgoing undergraduate students with little to no work experience, but not for a graduate student with plenty of previous work experience and little need for a "multimillion dollar international company" to bolster my resume with.

Interview Questions
    • I was not directly asked any questions, but was given an opportunity to answer questions about the company during the presentation, so if you are interested in this position you should research the company beforehand.   Answer Question

I have little interest in trying to force a product onto my friends and family, and even less interest in trying to get customers to give me the names of 5 to 20 "sure bet" friends to pitch this product to.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

Interviewer was very young and knew how old I was and my experience and I had more sales experience than the whole office. but I could tell he wasn't going to call as everyone in the office was young.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

If you're not a felon or the shyest person in the world, you WILL get hired. Don't think you're awesome just because they hire you, you are considered self-employed and they will hire anyone since from your work, they get a percentage of your sales. Also, don't think too lowly of yourself if you get hired either, it's what YOU make of it and there is huge opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you'll be able to increase our sales?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, at the time there was a 15$ base pay per appointment and 10% commission, but you can increase to 20, 25 and 30% pretty easily. I did it in the first 10 days.

Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

I got the call the same day when I did my application and my husband as well, right after me. So, I was told to come dressed apporiately*. I scheduled the next day then when I went I was told to pick up a clip board to do a personality test. It was a small uncleaned room. Large T. V. wires every where and posters on walls and floor. So, she continued with our presentation of what Vector and Cutco is. And finished off with pay and commission. $15 base pay per application not per hour. And commission 10%-50% depending upon if you can sell up to $30,000 in sell to reach 50%. The odds were really high and you only get either or not both. At the end of each week your supppose to get paid but they don't take down personal information. So, I guess they write you a check.

Interview Questions

The pay and the scheduling really didn't appeal to me. You get either or base pay and commission. Not both.. Base pay means 15 per application not per hour.

Sales Representative Interview

Talked to a receptionist, then showed up at office. There was an application to fill out, and then a pre-screening process. Afterwards, the main interview was a 45 minute explanation of the job with lots of questions. Afterwards, filled out another questionnaire and recommended some friends for the job.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

I had a group interview and it started out with some sales questions and then the second interview that was one-on-one had personal questions. My friend who was already working there advised me to try to answer as many questions as possible in the group interview to ensure that I stood out.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions about sales but they were all fairly common sense. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview started as a group interview. I was called in for an interview after making a phone call just to find out more information which took me by surprise. The office setting wasn't terribly professional and I, along with a handful of other people scattered around tables in a room, filled out the basic application form. The group interview was primarily a Cutco demo and then we were pulled into a separate office individually after during which each person was told whether or not they were hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

It was an unusual interview - a large group of people being interviewed at the same time, and then individual interviews. I stumbled on some questions and didn't do so well, so when the interviewer said I got the job right on the spot, I was a little skeptical because it made them seem extremely desperate.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

There was a group interview of about 6 to 8 people. The manager showed us a video about what the company does and sells and their unique "approach" and asked questions we were expected to openly volunteer to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think we have such a risky approach?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

I applied online and got a phone call within the next two days to set-up an interview. The interview was easy and got the job offer the day after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, just regular "get to know you" kind of questions.   Answer Question