Vector Marketing

Average Difficulty
204 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – This company is exclusively inclusive. It is a group interview. Almost everyone gets hired. There is zero competition in getting hired, if you can open a door and can spell your name you should be able to get the job.

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk about goals.   Answer Question

Conroe, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in January 2010.

Interview Details – There is a group interview, a demonstration of what we would be doing, then individual interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell cutlery?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to this job via Craigslist and I got a call back in an hour saying that they would like to interview me the next day, which I agreed to. During the interview, there were 3 other people as well as myself. We first had to fill out an application then we were group interviewed. During the group interview, we were shown a powerpoint presentation of what Vector is about and shown an actual display of their products. Periodiacally the interviewer asked us some opinionated questions (eg. what do you think of this product). At the end of the presentation, we were given a questionnaire including questions like "Why do you want to work for Vector?" and such. After, the interviewer reviewed each questionnaire and interviewed us individually. I went last and I got the job. However after a day of training(there are 3 days of training which you don't get paid for), I quit because the job wasn't what I thought it was since it is a referral based sales job which requires you to give names of people you can sell the product to. I didn't like that aspect but that's more my fault than theirs for not researching the company more thoroughly.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Pre interview, group interview, post interview

Interviewed at Vector Marketing

Interview Details – They called me, set up interview and go the job on spot

Interview Question – greatest strengths   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
North Charleston, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Vector Marketing in August 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview. You do not get the opportunity to ask questions and noquestions are asked of you. No formal follow up.

Interview Question – They asked no questions.   Answer Question

Sfsm Interview

Sfsm

Interviewed at Vector Marketing

Interview Details – One on one interview with manager to check out your application. After getting to know a little bit about the company background, you stay for a larger group interview which takes about an hour to go over everything about the company, their products, and the job itself as a whole.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Appointment Setter Interview

Receptionist/Appointment Setter

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vector Marketing in May 2013.

Interview Details – Your interview honestly is when you call the posting and leave the manager a voice mail. They listen to your voice to see if you are a good candidate. They intital face to face interview is mostly for show and to see if you are dependable.

Interview Question – Can you treat each phone call as a new experience?   View Answer

Wayne, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process took almost 3 hours. You will probably be placed in a shabby office room with other candidates. Our hiring manager gave us paperwork to fill out. After waiting for about ten minutes, he proceeded to call us in one at a time. You are then given a group presentation of the company. Our hiring manager asked us pretty simple questions, "Why is eye contact so important?" and so on. After the presentation, you are then given more paperwork to fill out. You'll probably be asked to give the phone numbers of friends that "might be interested in working at Vector"...After filling out this round of paperwork, we were called in two at a time to see if we got the job. SPOILER ALERT...everyone gets it...no need to worry...

Just make sure you dress professionally and that's about it. At most, you might want to do a little research before the interview to see if you're really interested in the company. It is purely sales.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job seemed too good to be true. They advertised $18 per appointment at the time. It's on you to find to leads though. They encourage you to sell to people you know who are married and around 25 and over. I would have had some diffictulty finding anyone interested in shellling out around $200 for some knives.

Independent Contractor Interview

Independent Contractor
Grand Blanc, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Initial communication via mass mailing - interviewee's could call to be scheduled in for a group interview. Regional Manager (or something similar) led group "interview" which was basically a pitch for how great of a product we'd be selling. We were requested to pull out our cell phones and list names and numbers for anyone we knew who may be interested in a job (these friends were later called for an "interview" at our recommendation). At the end, we were asked 3 questions (5 goals in 5 years, a couple of others) and if you wanted it, basically you were offered the "job".

Interview Question – No real questions were asked. We were, at the end, asked to list 5 goals we'd like to have accomplished in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - it's an "independent contractor" position, so you're not an employee and they pay the commission you are assigned.