Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2010.

They started sending me letters a few months before I graduated high school. The letters were in invitation to come interview. When I couldn't find another job, I decided to give them a try. My interview was just me and one guy who was only a few years older than me, he was a college student. My interview was really easy, they really wanted to hire me so I think the interview was just to make sure I was a normal person. I'm from a well off area and they sent letters to kids graduating from my high school with me because they wanted us to sell to the wealthy people that live in our town.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have transportation? Are you interested in sales? That's pretty much all they asked me.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, you get paid per sales appointment unless you make a sale, then you are paid by commission only. You make more by commission than by appointment.

Sales Associate Interview

I was called by the recruitment team and went to the interviews it was a group interview followed by a 3 person interview it wasn't particularly hard but unless you have transportation dont bother.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2010.

Very easy interview. They are a recruiting business, so the more employees the better. Most people call it a scam, but that is only because they were not successful.

Salesman Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The hiring and interview process for this company is quite simple, due to the fact that this job is solely based off of your sales skills they do not require much experience. The majority of the interview questions are related to customer service and sales experience. You get to know that day whether or not they would like you to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you at selling a high priced item?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2012.

When I went into the interview, it was basically a real life infomercial. The head of that specific branch explained to use how the knifes were used as if we were his audience rather than potential employees. We were told to take notes. During this interactive sales pitch, we were then informed that, if hired, we were expected to do the same thing for various clients -that we had to find ourselves-. In the end, he called each person in the room one by one to have a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult in particular but at the end of the interview we all had to take a test. It was so unexpected that we had to take a comprehension test based on the 21/2 hour long infomercial presentation. Personally it seemed demeaning.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Group interview. Very easy. Everyone got offer

Sales Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in February 2013.

Was very easy and over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2010.

The interview process is simple, but competitive. There is an initial screening over the phone, and if passed, the applicant will be invited in for an interview. At the interview, there is an additional screening followed by a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you believe you will contribute to Vector Marketing & Cutco Cutlery?   Answer Question

Customer Service/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

I was called for an interview for this company, only to discover that it was for Cutco Cutlery. The ad stated that leads would be provided and that there was no door-to-door or cold calling.

The interviewer, whose name I cannot recall now, was rather rude and looked upon me with condescension the entire interview. I was asked how long I had lived in the area, if I have a lot of friends and family, and if I had any social networking accounts. When I told him that I do have a lot of friends and family, but I do not get to see them often or that they are in other states, he told me that the job was not for me. When I asked why, he informed me that all of their business was gained by word of mouth (which is not what the ad stated), and that if I did not have enough friends and family that I could sell the products to, that I was unhireable. I was also informed that there is no training pay.

To me, this sounds like a bad way to run a business. No one wants to bother their friends and family with over priced products. I am glad I did not get the position, honestly. I just thought that others who are looking at a position with Vector Marketing should know what the company is about, as it does not state in any ad that you will be selling Cutco Cutlery.

Sales Representative Interview

You get the job if you show up for the interview. The manager doesn't lose much if you don't succeed.