Vector Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

1.6

Senior Field Sales Leader Interview

Interview

Group interview. Begins with long presentation about company. Behavioral interview process. Questions were based on customer interactions and how you would behave when you have a difficult customer. Mock phone calls where your stress level was challenged. Interviewers were calm, but were grading you during the mock phone call

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a negative situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

Just want to start by saying that everyone was really nice and I hope them all of the best! I applied online and got a response quickly however, when I went in for the interview I did not have a good feeling that it would be a good fit for me personally. The office was fine, but everything was pretty disheveled and there were many 'awards' around that looked like they made them at the place where you get your kids soccer trophies. The hiring manager was very nice and professional and again I have nothing bad to say about the people, just that selling knives was not a good fit for me personally. I did make the mistake of agreeing to go to the group round interview after the initial one on one, but the more I sat in the office, I realized that I was not going to move forward with the company and decided to leave. Understandably, the hiring manager was not happy with my decision.

Interview Questions

• None really. How do you think you could benefit the company?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

At the the Wilton,CT location there were beige folding chairs, and a desk where orientation and training was demonstrated. Then a back room to conduct one on one interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

met with the manager briefly, then they took me into a separate room with other people for an hour presentation on the product and how to sell it. The product was some type of knife. They want you to sell to your family and friends, and that is how they expect you to build a client base.

Cutco Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional have outside conversation there scammers and do not care about there employees couldn't understand what the hiring manager was saying talking to fast not dressed professional the interview took 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation   1 Answer

Entry Level/Sales/Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (Oak Brook, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online. in a matter of minutes I received am email asking me for my available for an interview. The following day, which was a Sunday I was asked if I could make an interview at 6:45pm that day. I asked for another interview time. They asked me to dress professionally but when I arrived at the the office no one was dressed professionally and they were very unprofessional and unorganized in the manner that we conducted the interview. The interview was a group interview which basically was about making small talk and presenting the knife products from a company called "Cut Co". Which is not what was originally discussed via phone interview Basically everyone that came to the interview was hired. It seems as though any student with a pulse is hired.

Interview Questions

The job was misleading and the faculty at the Oak Brook office were crass, unemphatic, and unprofessional.

Interview

I never sent in an application or anything. I got a call early in the morning from someone at their office claiming to be a manager at a retail store in the area. They informed me that they were hiring and that a friend of mine worked there and had given them my contact information. Since it was early I told them I'd think about it. After researching the company that claimed that they were, I called back later and set up an interview. Setting up the interview was pretty easy. All I had to do was tell them a day that I was available. Less then five minutes later, I received an email confirming my interview time and location with the Vector logo at the bottom. Seeing the logo and realizing that there was no way that that friend would have had my email address to give prompted me to research the Vector name. I quickly found out that they had lied and that it was actually a company that sells CUTCO knives. After learning that I promptly cancel the interview appointment. It turns out after researching a bit more that this is a tactic that they use to lure college students into setting up interviews. So beware if you are told the same story I was.

CSP Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Everyone wants you to succeed so simply be yourself and have fun. The initial call was with a receptionist who scheduled the interview. I interviewed with a manager and past the first phase. Then there was a group interview and afterwards I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Standard...tell me about yourself, why would you be a good fit here, on a scale of 1-10 how comfortable are you with meeting new people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay/commission structure is transparent and fair.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Around the time that I applied, a whole group of friends and acquaintances from my high school were doing so as well and saying they got hired, however many were saying it wasn't so great. I decided to give it a try regardless. I received a call from them because one of my friends had referred me during their interview. I willingly said I would attend an interview. The interview took place at their offices located downtown in my city. I showed up, grabbed an application, and filled it out while myself and other candidates waited in the lobby for us all to be called. We were soon called into a room where we were shown a presentation about what Vector Marketing is and how the job tasks are carried out. We were asked a variety of open ended questions in which I voluntarily answered some myself. After the presentation, we all took turns in actually having the one-on-one interview in an office with an assistant manager. He was very friendly and asked typical interview questions. Nothing difficult at all and at the end of it he told me he would like have me join them and gave a time for me to come some days later for training. The interview did leave me in a good mood knowing it went so well, however, based on the opinions and experiences of many others, it wasn't all that great a job. Of course they emphasize how awesome it is to choose your own hours because you actually make the appointment yourself to sell the merchandise. But I did not find it appropriate to have to be calling people and asking if they wanted to schedule them. It's like door-to-door selling and they really do hire anyone who goes in for an interview. I never went back and actually ignored their calls. It actually was extremely annoying that I continued to receive calls even after months because a friend who decided to take the job continuously referred me to them.

Interview Questions

Known by many to be a scam. Did not want to be on people's case trying to schedule appointments

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

They have you in a big room for brief orientation session with all the applicants, then they pull you out in 2 or 3 for group interviews. Answer questions during the brief orientation session, and sit up straight and smile and make small jokes during the group interview. You want to stand out. On average they choose 1 out of every group.

Interview Questions

• None, they are looking for if they feel comfortable around you. That's what they want in their salesman. So act like you're making a pitch about yourself. Be friendly and approachable and confident.   1 Answer

I was not able to provide my own transportation.