Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

123 interviews

1.7

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for Vector Marketing

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2013.

Extremely professional and capable managers that are attentive and helpful. Interview questions were extremely straightforward and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately some of the ads online were a little misleading in terms of base pay and salary. The process itself was very basic and I enjoyed going through it, but I declined their offer to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Were you ever in a situation where you saw a coworker do something unethical and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

The pay was not as ideal as stated and I did not believe it to be worth my time.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Sales Representative Interview

Sketchy company. Only pursue a career with this company if you LOVE sales and are interested in something less business professional. I was contacted 3 minutes after applying to schedule an interview, which I personally think is much too soon... that's not even enough time to read my resume. They basically just wanted me to sell knives door-to-door. If I had known up front what the position's objectives were I would have never applied in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glastonbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

It was a presentation about the company; what Vector is, what they market and why they are different than other companies that market Knives. They will most likely hire you based on your personality and your enthusiasm torwards the product

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of trivia questions based on the presentation to find out if you were listening   Answer Question
    There wasn't any. She told me I was hired and how the pay works and when I'm supposed to check in

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process was rather nice. They schedule about 15 interviews in one day and take 3 people in at a time. The process was very laid back but very long because after one got hired you went into an hour and a half of learning about what the job would be like.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be why do you want to work with us, it was difficult because most people really do not know much about the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The hiring manager had four candidates to interview in the same 2 hour block. We had a group demonstration with the product and then he called each of us in for a one-on-one interview. He promised to give us each a job decision by the end of the meeting. They didn't seem very picky.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be good at selling THIS product?   Answer Question

This position requires you to use your connections in order to gain clients. This was a position in which I did not feel comfortable putting my friends and family.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

I had a group interview and it started out with some sales questions and then the second interview that was one-on-one had personal questions. My friend who was already working there advised me to try to answer as many questions as possible in the group interview to ensure that I stood out.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions about sales but they were all fairly common sense. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview started as a group interview. I was called in for an interview after making a phone call just to find out more information which took me by surprise. The office setting wasn't terribly professional and I, along with a handful of other people scattered around tables in a room, filled out the basic application form. The group interview was primarily a Cutco demo and then we were pulled into a separate office individually after during which each person was told whether or not they were hired.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!