Vector Marketing

Average Difficulty
123 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Question – Everything is pretty cut and dry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely professional and capable managers that are attentive and helpful. Interview questions were extremely straightforward and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately some of the ads online were a little misleading in terms of base pay and salary. The process itself was very basic and I enjoyed going through it, but I declined their offer to work for them.

Interview Question – Were you ever in a situation where you saw a coworker do something unethical and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was not as ideal as stated and I did not believe it to be worth my time.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Question – There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no need to negotiate.

Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Question – Nothing tricky really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Interviewed at Vector Marketing

Interview Details – Sketchy company. Only pursue a career with this company if you LOVE sales and are interested in something less business professional. I was contacted 3 minutes after applying to schedule an interview, which I personally think is much too soon... that's not even enough time to read my resume. They basically just wanted me to sell knives door-to-door. If I had known up front what the position's objectives were I would have never applied in the first place.

Glastonbury, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a presentation about the company; what Vector is, what they market and why they are different than other companies that market Knives. They will most likely hire you based on your personality and your enthusiasm torwards the product

Interview Question – Asked a lot of trivia questions based on the presentation to find out if you were listening   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. She told me I was hired and how the pay works and when I'm supposed to check in

Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview process was rather nice. They schedule about 15 interviews in one day and take 3 people in at a time. The process was very laid back but very long because after one got hired you went into an hour and a half of learning about what the job would be like.

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be why do you want to work with us, it was difficult because most people really do not know much about the company.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The hiring manager had four candidates to interview in the same 2 hour block. We had a group demonstration with the product and then he called each of us in for a one-on-one interview. He promised to give us each a job decision by the end of the meeting. They didn't seem very picky.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good at selling THIS product?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This position requires you to use your connections in order to gain clients. This was a position in which I did not feel comfortable putting my friends and family.

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – I had a group interview and it started out with some sales questions and then the second interview that was one-on-one had personal questions. My friend who was already working there advised me to try to answer as many questions as possible in the group interview to ensure that I stood out.

Interview Question – There were questions about sales but they were all fairly common sense. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview started as a group interview. I was called in for an interview after making a phone call just to find out more information which took me by surprise. The office setting wasn't terribly professional and I, along with a handful of other people scattered around tables in a room, filled out the basic application form. The group interview was primarily a Cutco demo and then we were pulled into a separate office individually after during which each person was told whether or not they were hired.

Interview Question – Any question involving knives   View Answer

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!