Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

1.7

128 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2010.

I was contacted by a receptionist who stated that I was recommended by one of my good friends. I set up a time to come in to interview with her. I was asked to come 15 minutes early. I filled out an application before the interview started. I met with the interviewer before the interview began where she asked me basic questions about me and my application. The interview was a group interview with one other individual. The interviewer talked about the company, position, and products. Throughout she would ask us questions, seemingly to get a feel for our personality and how quick on our feet we were. After the interview, she called us back separately. She asked me a few more questions to evaluate how I believe I would fit with the job and company. She then offered me the position on the spot and set me for the initial training.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you feel like you would be a good fit for this position?   View Answer
The base pay was not negotiable. The only thing we had to discuss was when I would complete training.

Other Interview Reviews for Vector Marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2014.

If you're not a felon or the shyest person in the world, you WILL get hired. Don't think you're awesome just because they hire you, you are considered self-employed and they will hire anyone since from your work, they get a percentage of your sales. Also, don't think too lowly of yourself if you get hired either, it's what YOU make of it and there is huge opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you'll be able to increase our sales?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, at the time there was a 15$ base pay per appointment and 10% commission, but you can increase to 20, 25 and 30% pretty easily. I did it in the first 10 days.

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Two rounds of interview, no real time wasted, but very very strange atmosphere. paint can propping open a door, very small space, unprofessionally dressed receptionists. Anyone and their mother can get an interview here, and get hired there as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in May 2012.

My stepmom saw there help wanted ad and told me the website where I needed to apply and so I did and it told me to call the local office to setup a interview and so I did

Interview Questions
    Don't take the offer this company is nothing but a BIG SCAM. Google vector marketing and you see a bunch of articles about this company and how it's a scam.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

Recommended for the job by a friend. Got a call from someone at the company wanting to schedule an interview. I scheduled one for the following day and went in. Went in, filled out an application with questions regarding my employment history and such. I gave it to the manager then he took me into his office and asked me a few questions and told me he liked me and set up a follow-up interview. When I went back for my second interview there were several others there with me and we did a 20 minute group interview very easy. Every question was standard. Immediately after the interview the manager told us he had already decided the people he wanted for the job and about 5 out of the 6 of us got hired, me being one of them.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for Vector Marketing and what do you think you could bring to this company?"   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2013.

Extremely professional and capable managers that are attentive and helpful. Interview questions were extremely straightforward and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately some of the ads online were a little misleading in terms of base pay and salary. The process itself was very basic and I enjoyed going through it, but I declined their offer to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Were you ever in a situation where you saw a coworker do something unethical and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

The pay was not as ideal as stated and I did not believe it to be worth my time.

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Sales Representative Interview

Sketchy company. Only pursue a career with this company if you LOVE sales and are interested in something less business professional. I was contacted 3 minutes after applying to schedule an interview, which I personally think is much too soon... that's not even enough time to read my resume. They basically just wanted me to sell knives door-to-door. If I had known up front what the position's objectives were I would have never applied in the first place.

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!