Vector Marketing

Updated Dec 1, 2014

1.6

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I never sent in an application or anything. I got a call early in the morning from someone at their office claiming to be a manager at a retail store in the area. They informed me that they were hiring and that a friend of mine worked there and had given them my contact information. Since it was early I told them I'd think about it. After researching the company that claimed that they were, I called back later and set up an interview. Setting up the interview was pretty easy. All I had to do was tell them a day that I was available. Less then five minutes later, I received an email confirming my interview time and location with the Vector logo at the bottom. Seeing the logo and realizing that there was no way that that friend would have had my email address to give prompted me to research the Vector name. I quickly found out that they had lied and that it was actually a company that sells CUTCO knives. After learning that I promptly cancel the interview appointment. It turns out after researching a bit more that this is a tactic that they use to lure college students into setting up interviews. So beware if you are told the same story I was.

Other Interview Reviews for Vector Marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Around the time that I applied, a whole group of friends and acquaintances from my high school were doing so as well and saying they got hired, however many were saying it wasn't so great. I decided to give it a try regardless.

I received a call from them because one of my friends had referred me during their interview. I willingly said I would attend an interview.

The interview took place at their offices located downtown in my city. I showed up, grabbed an application, and filled it out while myself and other candidates waited in the lobby for us all to be called. We were soon called into a room where we were shown a presentation about what Vector Marketing is and how the job tasks are carried out. We were asked a variety of open ended questions in which I voluntarily answered some myself. After the presentation, we all took turns in actually having the one-on-one interview in an office with an assistant manager. He was very friendly and asked typical interview questions. Nothing difficult at all and at the end of it he told me he would like have me join them and gave a time for me to come some days later for training.

The interview did leave me in a good mood knowing it went so well, however, based on the opinions and experiences of many others, it wasn't all that great a job. Of course they emphasize how awesome it is to choose your own hours because you actually make the appointment yourself to sell the merchandise. But I did not find it appropriate to have to be calling people and asking if they wanted to schedule them. It's like door-to-door selling and they really do hire anyone who goes in for an interview.

I never went back and actually ignored their calls. It actually was extremely annoying that I continued to receive calls even after months because a friend who decided to take the job continuously referred me to them.

Interview Questions

Known by many to be a scam. Did not want to be on people's case trying to schedule appointments

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

They have you in a big room for brief orientation session with all the applicants, then they pull you out in 2 or 3 for group interviews. Answer questions during the brief orientation session, and sit up straight and smile and make small jokes during the group interview. You want to stand out. On average they choose 1 out of every group.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are looking for if they feel comfortable around you. That's what they want in their salesman. So act like you're making a pitch about yourself. Be friendly and approachable and confident.   View Answer

I was not able to provide my own transportation.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

it is very simple process. fill some forms. the manager talked about the company, product, and position description. the manager also asked several easy questions. i thought i didn't prepare well, but he gave me the offer very fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing in October 2014.

The interview was pretty simple, first you start off with a prescreen with the manager. All you do is review your application then if all goes well you go in a room with 5 to 12 other candidates and the manager tells you about the company, what your job is etc, after that you speak with the manage again one on one to see if you've been selected to get the job. It super easy and kind of stupid. Interview took 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions at all, " On a scale of 1-10 how high would you rate your sales skills and why"   Answer Question
    I told them I don't want to meet my customers face to face, so I sell my items virtually.

Sales Representative Interview

Open interview. Everyone gets hired if you pay for your tools and sell them. It is not worth it. No one really wants to buy kitchen appliances via a knock on the door. No code calling. Pure field sales representative work. After the open interview, you go into a one-on-one interview which is a joke and then they try to convince you to do sales. Not worth my time.

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Two rounds of interview, no real time wasted, but very very strange atmosphere. paint can propping open a door, very small space, unprofessionally dressed receptionists. Anyone and their mother can get an interview here, and get hired there as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing in September 2014.

I was called within 10 minutes of applying to Vector Marketing - Raleigh, NC.

I was told that this was a phone interview and a job interview was to follow. I was ask a few questions - told my experience about marketing, my education, etc. Everything appeared to go seemingly well. I was given the address to the place and had my interview today.

The building was very old and run down as if they had no one taking care of the place. I reached the second floor of the building and saw a small room called "Vector". I got a few nerves so I got a drink from the water fountain before proceeding in.

The room was kind of small with a bunch of young men around my age (college age) inside standing in a line proceeding to check-in and they were also filling out another job application. No one was at the desk so I picked up what everyone else was doing.

I checked-in and did the application. Their was a balance of black applicants and white applicants. We were told by this Mr. Martinez that we would go into the interview two at a time.

I was called along with another guy. Previously we were asked to dress business - casual. I wore slacks, blazer, dress shoes, etc. The other guy in the interview wore short bright pink Hollister shorts and a polo shirt.

We were asked a few questions about our experience in communication. I gave my experience with a program called AmeriCorps as well as experimental in college. The guy beside me gave a short answer that his friend had told him about the job without elaborating. At that moment - only 3 minutes in I was told that they'd give a call to their more qualified applicants and was asked to leave the room. Just like that.

The other guys that were asked to leave the room were outside the building - the people they were partnered with were moved to a separate room in the building - we all knew we hadn't gotten the job.

The obvious question was why. I found the whole experience very odd. Walking into the place - which look quite old and haunted if you ask me - I knew that if I had been chosen I'd probably turn down the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why does the 5 in your phone number look like an 8? I'll fix them and make it look like it's supposed too.   View Answer

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview lasted 90 minutes, very thorough. I knew exactly what I would be doing and everything was consistent when I had showed up to training.

The first was a prescreen section where the managers look to make sure you would be qualified for the positon (you are at least 17 and are perceived as able to do the job), then if qualified you move into the group section where it is really to inform you on how every detail of the position works out - PAY ATTENTION AND TAKE NOTES! The last part is the post screen which is done 1-on-1 with the interviewing manager. This is where you will get a yes or no answer if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was more than I could have asked for.

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

The interview process consists of a pre-screen that has you fill out a paper and meet with the manager. Takes about 5 minutes.
    If you pass you'll be asked to stay for a group interview where the manager explains the company and shows the products. Takes about an hour.
    You'll meet with the manager one on one at the end and they'll let you know if you're accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't many questions. They just ask you to elaborate on what you wrote.   Answer Question
    There's no need to negotiate.