Vector Marketing

Average Difficulty
120 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Interview process was different than usual. It was a group interview; mine had about 15 people or so (they have larger groups in the summer). The interviewer was rather intimidating. Afterwards, she called me into her office, asked me a few more questions tailored to me (e.g. what are your strengths?) and then I got the jon

Interview Question – Nothing tricky really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base

Interviewed at Vector Marketing

Interview Details – Sketchy company. Only pursue a career with this company if you LOVE sales and are interested in something less business professional. I was contacted 3 minutes after applying to schedule an interview, which I personally think is much too soon... that's not even enough time to read my resume. They basically just wanted me to sell knives door-to-door. If I had known up front what the position's objectives were I would have never applied in the first place.

Glastonbury, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a presentation about the company; what Vector is, what they market and why they are different than other companies that market Knives. They will most likely hire you based on your personality and your enthusiasm torwards the product

Interview Question – Asked a lot of trivia questions based on the presentation to find out if you were listening   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. She told me I was hired and how the pay works and when I'm supposed to check in

Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview process was rather nice. They schedule about 15 interviews in one day and take 3 people in at a time. The process was very laid back but very long because after one got hired you went into an hour and a half of learning about what the job would be like.

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be why do you want to work with us, it was difficult because most people really do not know much about the company.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The hiring manager had four candidates to interview in the same 2 hour block. We had a group demonstration with the product and then he called each of us in for a one-on-one interview. He promised to give us each a job decision by the end of the meeting. They didn't seem very picky.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good at selling THIS product?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This position requires you to use your connections in order to gain clients. This was a position in which I did not feel comfortable putting my friends and family.

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – I had a group interview and it started out with some sales questions and then the second interview that was one-on-one had personal questions. My friend who was already working there advised me to try to answer as many questions as possible in the group interview to ensure that I stood out.

Interview Question – There were questions about sales but they were all fairly common sense. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – The interview started as a group interview. I was called in for an interview after making a phone call just to find out more information which took me by surprise. The office setting wasn't terribly professional and I, along with a handful of other people scattered around tables in a room, filled out the basic application form. The group interview was primarily a Cutco demo and then we were pulled into a separate office individually after during which each person was told whether or not they were hired.

Interview Question – Any question involving knives   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in December 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 stages to the interview, the first was a very informal interview where the interviewer will just ask you some simple questions about what you're doing right now, if you're in school what are you doing. Then the next part is a group demonstration with all of the other applicants, this part is to see how you function when under pressure, they will ask you questions regarding what they were talking about in front of the group this is also a test of how outgoing you are, so try to answer as many questions as you can also pay attention. The 3rd part is the formal interview where you are asked why you should become a member of the team and why should they hire you, as well as what you believe some of your strongest qualities are, they are all very simple questions but be sure to answer them carefully, only about 4-5 of the 15 applicants are picked for the job.

Interview Question – How effective do you think you would be as a sales rep for vector?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call the same day I applied online. I was asked if I could do a 5 minute phone interview right then and I agreed. The "interview" consisted of being asked incredibly base questions like "Are you driven by success?" followed with overly enthusiastic "That's great!"s to all of my answers. Hesitant, but curious, I allowed them to schedule me for an interview the next morning. After researching the company (because of the scam-vibe I got from the phone conversation) I decided not to interview. The company then called me back and told me about my new interview time for the NEXT day. Really? Who reschedules a no-call no-show? I didn't show to that interview either and they called me AGAIN to reschedule for a 3rd time......

Interview Question – None really, they clearly just want as many possible employees in the door as possible because I assume turnover rate is very high.   Answer Question

Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – It was an unusual interview - a large group of people being interviewed at the same time, and then individual interviews. I stumbled on some questions and didn't do so well, so when the interviewer said I got the job right on the spot, I was a little skeptical because it made them seem extremely desperate.

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vector Marketing

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vector Marketing Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 120 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vector Marketing employees and interview candidates.