Vector Marketing

Updated Jan 21, 2015

1.6

143 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Very straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions to see if you'd be a good fit for the team. The one on one interview is followed by a group interview. The manager will tell you his/her decision that day.

Other Interview Reviews for Vector Marketing

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Just want to start by saying that everyone was really nice and I hope them all of the best! I applied online and got a response quickly however, when I went in for the interview I did not have a good feeling that it would be a good fit for me personally. The office was fine, but everything was pretty disheveled and there were many 'awards' around that looked like they made them at the place where you get your kids soccer trophies. The hiring manager was very nice and professional and again I have nothing bad to say about the people, just that selling knives was not a good fit for me personally. I did make the mistake of agreeing to go to the group round interview after the initial one on one, but the more I sat in the office, I realized that I was not going to move forward with the company and decided to leave. Understandably, the hiring manager was not happy with my decision.

Interview Questions
    • None really. How do you think you could benefit the company?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

At the the Wilton,CT location there were beige folding chairs, and a desk where orientation and training was demonstrated. Then a back room to conduct one on one interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

I never sent in an application or anything. I got a call early in the morning from someone at their office claiming to be a manager at a retail store in the area. They informed me that they were hiring and that a friend of mine worked there and had given them my contact information. Since it was early I told them I'd think about it. After researching the company that claimed that they were, I called back later and set up an interview. Setting up the interview was pretty easy. All I had to do was tell them a day that I was available. Less then five minutes later, I received an email confirming my interview time and location with the Vector logo at the bottom. Seeing the logo and realizing that there was no way that that friend would have had my email address to give prompted me to research the Vector name. I quickly found out that they had lied and that it was actually a company that sells CUTCO knives. After learning that I promptly cancel the interview appointment. It turns out after researching a bit more that this is a tactic that they use to lure college students into setting up interviews. So beware if you are told the same story I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Around the time that I applied, a whole group of friends and acquaintances from my high school were doing so as well and saying they got hired, however many were saying it wasn't so great. I decided to give it a try regardless.

I received a call from them because one of my friends had referred me during their interview. I willingly said I would attend an interview.

The interview took place at their offices located downtown in my city. I showed up, grabbed an application, and filled it out while myself and other candidates waited in the lobby for us all to be called. We were soon called into a room where we were shown a presentation about what Vector Marketing is and how the job tasks are carried out. We were asked a variety of open ended questions in which I voluntarily answered some myself. After the presentation, we all took turns in actually having the one-on-one interview in an office with an assistant manager. He was very friendly and asked typical interview questions. Nothing difficult at all and at the end of it he told me he would like have me join them and gave a time for me to come some days later for training.

The interview did leave me in a good mood knowing it went so well, however, based on the opinions and experiences of many others, it wasn't all that great a job. Of course they emphasize how awesome it is to choose your own hours because you actually make the appointment yourself to sell the merchandise. But I did not find it appropriate to have to be calling people and asking if they wanted to schedule them. It's like door-to-door selling and they really do hire anyone who goes in for an interview.

I never went back and actually ignored their calls. It actually was extremely annoying that I continued to receive calls even after months because a friend who decided to take the job continuously referred me to them.

Interview Questions

Known by many to be a scam. Did not want to be on people's case trying to schedule appointments

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

They have you in a big room for brief orientation session with all the applicants, then they pull you out in 2 or 3 for group interviews. Answer questions during the brief orientation session, and sit up straight and smile and make small jokes during the group interview. You want to stand out. On average they choose 1 out of every group.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are looking for if they feel comfortable around you. That's what they want in their salesman. So act like you're making a pitch about yourself. Be friendly and approachable and confident.   View Answer

I was not able to provide my own transportation.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

it is very simple process. fill some forms. the manager talked about the company, product, and position description. the manager also asked several easy questions. i thought i didn't prepare well, but he gave me the offer very fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Vector Marketing in October 2014.

The interview was pretty simple, first you start off with a prescreen with the manager. All you do is review your application then if all goes well you go in a room with 5 to 12 other candidates and the manager tells you about the company, what your job is etc, after that you speak with the manage again one on one to see if you've been selected to get the job. It super easy and kind of stupid. Interview took 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions at all, " On a scale of 1-10 how high would you rate your sales skills and why"   Answer Question
    I told them I don't want to meet my customers face to face, so I sell my items virtually.

Sales Representative Interview

Open interview. Everyone gets hired if you pay for your tools and sell them. It is not worth it. No one really wants to buy kitchen appliances via a knock on the door. No code calling. Pure field sales representative work. After the open interview, you go into a one-on-one interview which is a joke and then they try to convince you to do sales. Not worth my time.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Two rounds of interview, no real time wasted, but very very strange atmosphere. paint can propping open a door, very small space, unprofessionally dressed receptionists. Anyone and their mother can get an interview here, and get hired there as well.