Vector Marketing Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

1.6

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

they tell you interview once you get in there turns out to be 2 hour process with a group interview. which they shouls tell you on phone expect that way you are prepared due to have kids family or whatever you may have to do after. the managet was very sweet though

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vector Marketing

Sale Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

A mixture of 1 on 1 and group interview formats with a friendly and open atmosphere. How the interview process works in chronological order:

First employee candidates are asked to fill out a form with their basic personal and contact information, most prominent qualifications, strong points and weak points, and what they can offer to Vector.

After the form is completed the candidate is asked into a 1 on 1 screening interview with a senior representative. If everything is in order the candidate is asked to stay for a group interview, if not they are politely dismissed.

If you are given a pass, the group setting of the interview commences and all candidates present are given a demo of what they are going to be doing and some of the specifics surrounding the job. Firstly, Cutco and Vector Marketing's company mission, success story, and history are introduced, secondly the company structure and what the position entails (at this point the Vector representative actually gives a demo of their products), thirdly the pay range for sales reps and various possible advancements in the company are introduced, lastly a wrap up of previous concepts and a question and answer session.

If you are still set on the job you are asked to a final 1 on 1 interview wrap up that lasts around 5 to 10 minutes. Sometime during this session you are either going to be offered a position are not. If you're offered a position the representative will probably invite you to training sessions for the position, these sessions will probably within the next week.

Some bad things about the interview:

Music was playing in the background, probably with the idea that it would lighten the mood. This sadly gave a slightly unprofessional feel to the interview and took away some of the positions esteem. "Nothing makes a candidate feel better than listening to music while you are being given a presentation on the company you plan to work for" <-(if you did not catch it the sarcasm here was intended).

The advertisement for the position was not misleading, but it was INCREDIBLY vague. Arriving at the interview you are enlightened to the fact that no pay is guaranteed and that the sales structure relies on referrals and appointments.

Redemption:

During the interview you are constantly reminded that the position is not for everyone. Getting used to the way the company operates might be very hard for some people with no prior experience in sales. In addition, the representative will mostly likely tell you that it takes a LOT of work when you start out. However, if you work hard and actually follow through with the position it pays well and offers plenty of potential advancements in the company. Vector marketing also offers training to its new employees and seems to be willing to help out getting people started (this was my personal experience).

Conclusion:

If you get a good sales representative from Vector Marketing and are aligned with a good sales office the position seems pretty legitimate despite its potentially shady practices.

Notes: You are not informed if anybody else has gotten another position, they are not obligated to tell you why you were rejected (if you were that is).

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in entry level sales?   Answer Question
    • What can you offer Vector Marketing, and how will you proceed if you are offered a position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied about a week or so before I was contacted, and they scheduled an interview for me on the next day. When I arrived there were about 5-6 other people waiting to be interviewed, and we were all asked to fill out an application. We were then asked to come into the interviewer's office individually, where he asked a few questions about why we were a good fit for the job. After he finished questioning everyone, we were asked to come into another room where he explained what we would be selling if we were hired, and what the benefits of working for Vector would be. This lasted for about 30-45 minutes. We were then asked to answer a few short answer questions that were like "What are 5 goals you want to achieve in the next 4 years?" and "Why do we not sell Cutco in stores?"
    Once we were finished with the questions, we were each asked to individually come back into his office, where he would ask a few more questions about why we are a good fit for the job, and finally say whether or not we were hired.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your communication skills? Why?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

Interview is fairly easy, however to many seminars at come out of ur paycheck, too many appts just to get a decent pay, goals are set too high to start off working,. The people are really friendly and outgoing

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vector Marketing (Plano, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was a hybrid between an interview and early training. There were 3 stages in the interview: initial screening (followed by filling in paperwork), company exposure ( all the candidates left sit at a table and take notes on the company history and the product), followed by a final interview (standard questions: why do you think we should hire you?). The process took about 4-6 hours. I lost track of time cause it took so long, but it was an interesting experience to say the least.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Very straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions to see if you'd be a good fit for the team. The one on one interview is followed by a group interview. The manager will tell you his/her decision that day.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

Just want to start by saying that everyone was really nice and I hope them all of the best! I applied online and got a response quickly however, when I went in for the interview I did not have a good feeling that it would be a good fit for me personally. The office was fine, but everything was pretty disheveled and there were many 'awards' around that looked like they made them at the place where you get your kids soccer trophies. The hiring manager was very nice and professional and again I have nothing bad to say about the people, just that selling knives was not a good fit for me personally. I did make the mistake of agreeing to go to the group round interview after the initial one on one, but the more I sat in the office, I realized that I was not going to move forward with the company and decided to leave. Understandably, the hiring manager was not happy with my decision.

Interview Questions

• None really. How do you think you could benefit the company?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview

At the the Wilton,CT location there were beige folding chairs, and a desk where orientation and training was demonstrated. Then a back room to conduct one on one interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I never sent in an application or anything. I got a call early in the morning from someone at their office claiming to be a manager at a retail store in the area. They informed me that they were hiring and that a friend of mine worked there and had given them my contact information. Since it was early I told them I'd think about it. After researching the company that claimed that they were, I called back later and set up an interview. Setting up the interview was pretty easy. All I had to do was tell them a day that I was available. Less then five minutes later, I received an email confirming my interview time and location with the Vector logo at the bottom. Seeing the logo and realizing that there was no way that that friend would have had my email address to give prompted me to research the Vector name. I quickly found out that they had lied and that it was actually a company that sells CUTCO knives. After learning that I promptly cancel the interview appointment. It turns out after researching a bit more that this is a tactic that they use to lure college students into setting up interviews. So beware if you are told the same story I was.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vector Marketing (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Around the time that I applied, a whole group of friends and acquaintances from my high school were doing so as well and saying they got hired, however many were saying it wasn't so great. I decided to give it a try regardless.

I received a call from them because one of my friends had referred me during their interview. I willingly said I would attend an interview.

The interview took place at their offices located downtown in my city. I showed up, grabbed an application, and filled it out while myself and other candidates waited in the lobby for us all to be called. We were soon called into a room where we were shown a presentation about what Vector Marketing is and how the job tasks are carried out. We were asked a variety of open ended questions in which I voluntarily answered some myself. After the presentation, we all took turns in actually having the one-on-one interview in an office with an assistant manager. He was very friendly and asked typical interview questions. Nothing difficult at all and at the end of it he told me he would like have me join them and gave a time for me to come some days later for training.

The interview did leave me in a good mood knowing it went so well, however, based on the opinions and experiences of many others, it wasn't all that great a job. Of course they emphasize how awesome it is to choose your own hours because you actually make the appointment yourself to sell the merchandise. But I did not find it appropriate to have to be calling people and asking if they wanted to schedule them. It's like door-to-door selling and they really do hire anyone who goes in for an interview.

I never went back and actually ignored their calls. It actually was extremely annoying that I continued to receive calls even after months because a friend who decided to take the job continuously referred me to them.

Interview Questions

Known by many to be a scam. Did not want to be on people's case trying to schedule appointments