Vector Marketing

Average Difficulty
120 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – Pre interview, group interview, post interview

Interviewed at Vector Marketing

Interview Details – They called me, set up interview and go the job on spot

Interview Question – greatest strengths   Answer Question

Wayne, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process took almost 3 hours. You will probably be placed in a shabby office room with other candidates. Our hiring manager gave us paperwork to fill out. After waiting for about ten minutes, he proceeded to call us in one at a time. You are then given a group presentation of the company. Our hiring manager asked us pretty simple questions, "Why is eye contact so important?" and so on. After the presentation, you are then given more paperwork to fill out. You'll probably be asked to give the phone numbers of friends that "might be interested in working at Vector"...After filling out this round of paperwork, we were called in two at a time to see if we got the job. SPOILER ALERT...everyone gets it...no need to worry...

Just make sure you dress professionally and that's about it. At most, you might want to do a little research before the interview to see if you're really interested in the company. It is purely sales.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job seemed too good to be true. They advertised $18 per appointment at the time. It's on you to find to leads though. They encourage you to sell to people you know who are married and around 25 and over. I would have had some diffictulty finding anyone interested in shellling out around $200 for some knives.

Littleton, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in May 2013.

Interview Details – You walk in and fill out personal information, afterwards you are screened to see if you are a good fit. You then talk about what the job is and why its great for about half an hour and then have individual interviews. You learn on the spot whether or not you got the job.

Interview Question – They asked me how my hobbies qualified me as a professional.   Answer Question

San Juan, PR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in April 2012.

Interview Details – First I needed to fill a pre-screening aplication, then the manager called the aplicants one on one, if you passed the pre-screening they will send you to the second part of the interview which consists in all the details of the job, after the second interview, which was a group presentation, the manager called the applicants one on one again to tell you their decision.

Interview Question – Why should I consider you for this job?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Lewisville, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication is through a letter. The first process was setting up a face-to-face interview with the secretary. If you pass that, you will have a group interview, which includes a job training section. You are hired according to how well you perform at the group interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire a person with no sales experience?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Vector Marketing.

Interview Details – They will schedule an interview depending on how you were informed of the job then once it's scheduled you go in for an interview at their office. Most likely it's one manager. You will be in a group in one room with the manager doing a slideshow presentation getting more detailed about the job. Then you will be asked questions so be prepare. Them you will go one on one with the manager and you will be hired depending on how you answered during the presentation.

Interview Question – None. Just make sure you participate.   Answer Question

Sale Representative Interview

Sale Representative
Kirkland, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in May 2012.

Interview Details – They ask you general questions like: describe yourself, if you have reliable transportation, blah blah... but in doesn't matter how horrible you do they will hire you any way. You got accept on the same day after the interview.

Interview Question – Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

La Porte, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vector Marketing in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was told to dress professionally for interview. Showed up and there were several other candidates, all HS kids in jeans and T-shirts. Interviewed us in pairs and interviewer was very snooty. All of us were ushered to presentation room to be shown items we would be selling.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all. Interviewer read our applications and asked basic questions like where did you graduate HS from and what was your previous job experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was told on the phone the job was telemarketing for $16 an hour base pay. I was told to dress professionally, so I did. When I showed up for the interview, I was told it was door-to-door sales selling $600+ knife sets earning $16 per APPOINTMENT. I was lied to. The hiring office was full of high school kids in blue jeans and T-shirts talking trash to each other and horsing around, and they were being hired. This isn't a real job, it's a scam and only young kids will fall for it.

Interviewed at Vector Marketing

Interview Details – The interview is all about the introduction of their company. I'm pretty sure everyone who applied can get a job there. The interview process takes a long time though, about 2 hours. I don't think this is a job for you unless you really CAN'T find job elsewhere. Overall, not a bad experience, but bad method for "employees" to earn money.

Reason for Declining – I hate how this company works