Vectra Bank

Credit Specialist Interview

Credit Specialist
Denver, CO

Interviewed at Vectra Bank

Interview Details – About 3 weeks after I applied I received a phone call from HR to set up an interview. The first interview was with two Credit Department Managers. I was surprised there was none of the usual time wasting with HR asking you pointless questions such as, "tell about a time when"...It was straight to business during the first interview. They wanted to know why I wanted to work in banking and asked me general finance and accounting questions.

THey may even bring in other specialists to sit in on the interview.

I know from working there that personality is pretty important thing (at least in credit). I would advise to be professional, but also relaxed. Most people there have a sense of humor and it's a friendly place overall, so let it show if you are that type of person.

Also, if you have sample work from your last job or from college that is relevant BRING IT! Especially anything that involves financial writing since a big part of the position is being able to write credit presentations.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were fairly easy. I can't recall any difficult ones. It's an entry level position so I would advise to brush up on your accounting knowledge if anything. I do know from sitting in on other interviews after I was hired that the two hiring managers that I interviewed with sometimes like to ask a very difficult accounting question that they know you will likely not be able to answer. Try to answer it the best you can, but don't panic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is pretty much non-negotiable at this level. I would accept what they give you as most entry level jobs are non-negotiable.

Worked for Vectra Bank? Contribute to the Community!