Vectren Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vectren

Gas Distribution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Danville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vectren in October 2014.

I met an HR rep at Purdue's career fair. I applied online and received a call a couple of weeks later to set up an on-site interview. It was an easy and basic interview. They asked about previous utility experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that I couldn't pass up.

GIS Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Vectren.

Expect to wait for a long time. The whole employment process, from job posting to interview to offer, took close to 6 months. Once the offer was finalized, however, and the background investigation complete, it was a quick and easy 2-3 day turnaround. It was a three person panel interview, but in a relaxed setting. One was the hiring manager, another was a work associate, and the last was another manager from a different group that I work closely with.

Interview Questions
    • After hearing all that, would you still be interested in working for Vectren? And, why?   Answer Question
    Easy two-day process of an offer letter detailing the salary and days off and whom I would be reporting to. I signed, scanned and returned the letter to the hiring manager.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vectren in October 2010.

Was pretty to the point. Applied for the job in Sept was interviewed in Oct and started in Jan. Was a long process but there is always hundreds of people who apply and generally only take 15-20 new css's at a time.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Vectren.

Very slow and CEO approve most every postion - exec level takes compatability testing and other tests - most interviews are 1x1 - for exec roles, expect more than one series of interviews