Vedanta Resources

www.vedantaresources.com

Vedanta Resources Interview Questions

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I attended their campus recruitment held in my college. You have to clear three rounds of test before getting a job. First round is aptitude test. If you clear that, you will asked to participate in group discussion. trending topics on sports, economics etc will be given to a group of 8 people and asked to discuss on it. Just if you speak something about the topic, you will be selected. They just test your courage to speak and not on your knowledge on the topic. Finally technical interview. They asked me about my in-plant training.

Interview Questions
    • About my in-plant training. They asked to explain about the process involved in the industry.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Initially a test was conducted and people were shortlisted.After test we had interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

the recruitment procedure involved 3 round - aptitiude test, GD and interview.the panels had experienced members from HR and technical, they were pretty hospitable and the interview was relaxed and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    It wasn't open to negotiations

Management Trainee Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in March 2013.

I was hired through campus and got the offer letter for sterlite industries. Interview was pretty decent. I was asked about the CA articleship experience, how I will manage stress, ready to work anywhere in India. Technical question was difference between IFRS and AS. They asked how will I communicate with senior management.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources.

It was an on campus hiring process. Initially the placement office short listed the potential candidates. Interviewers came little late.

Three rounds of interviews were supposed to be conducted. However, as the process was going delay, the HR decided to move directly to the personal interview.

So, ultimately we end up with only one round of interview.
    There were three persons in the panel. One HR and two technical persons.

They asked more technical questions and very few HR questions, such as where do you want to see yourself after 5 yrs? If you become manager of this company what change you would bring etc. The interview went very well. Even people can pose their own views and innovative thoughts to the interviewers. I had a very good experience all together.

It was nice, easy and cool.

Interview Questions

I moved on to higher study and did not join the company.

Mining Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajmer (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajmer (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in April 2011.

expected a technical interview but got basically a HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • what if left to choose your work profile in the company?   Answer Question

Mining Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goa Velha (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in May 2010.

had a presentation and a one to one talk on general issues

Interview Questions

had a better opportunity in hand

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in November 2009.

the process was pretty streamlined

Interview Questions
    • All questyions related to summer project and internship   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Korba (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Korba (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in September 2008.

Interview conducted in College campus in the last year of the college graduation year. First the interview panel board took a written test comprising of around 75 questions in analytical , verbal and current knowledge. After the initial screening of the test, there was a group discussion followed by personal face to face interview. They asked some basic technical question from the respective stream of subject and some HR related question.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation as already they had mentioned in the PPT (Pre Placement Talk)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goa Velha (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in June 2008.

it had 2 rounds.one was technical test...one was aptitude test.after that tech round.after that hr round.after that interview with gm .after that interview with director.after span of 1 month got my offer letter.