Vedanta Resources Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I attended their campus recruitment held in my college. You have to clear three rounds of test before getting a job. First round is aptitude test. If you clear that, you will asked to participate in group discussion. trending topics on sports, economics etc will be given to a group of 8 people and asked to discuss on it. Just if you speak something about the topic, you will be selected. They just test your courage to speak and not on your knowledge on the topic. Finally technical interview. They asked me about my in-plant training.

Interview Questions

• About my in-plant training. They asked to explain about the process involved in the industry.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources (Calcutta (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Got an opportunity through college
    process consisted of an aptitude test followed by an interview.
    the aptitude paper was of average difficulty
    inteview was simple they check your knowledge and see if your are the right fit in the company as well not going to leave the company if you get a better offer within 2-3years

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially a test was conducted and people were shortlisted.After test we had interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

Interview

the recruitment procedure involved 3 round - aptitiude test, GD and interview.the panels had experienced members from HR and technical, they were pretty hospitable and the interview was relaxed and not very technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't open to negotiations

Management Trainee Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired through campus and got the offer letter for sterlite industries. Interview was pretty decent. I was asked about the CA articleship experience, how I will manage stress, ready to work anywhere in India. Technical question was difference between IFRS and AS. They asked how will I communicate with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Ready to work anywhere in India.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

It was an on campus hiring process. Initially the placement office short listed the potential candidates. Interviewers came little late.

Three rounds of interviews were supposed to be conducted. However, as the process was going delay, the HR decided to move directly to the personal interview.

So, ultimately we end up with only one round of interview.
    There were three persons in the panel. One HR and two technical persons.

They asked more technical questions and very few HR questions, such as where do you want to see yourself after 5 yrs? If you become manager of this company what change you would bring etc. The interview went very well. Even people can pose their own views and innovative thoughts to the interviewers. I had a very good experience all together.

It was nice, easy and cool.

Interview Questions

I moved on to higher study and did not join the company.

Mining Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajmer (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vedanta Resources (Ajmer (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

expected a technical interview but got basically a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• what if left to choose your work profile in the company?   Answer Question

Mining Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goa Velha (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources (Goa Velha (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

had a presentation and a one to one talk on general issues

Interview Questions

had a better opportunity in hand

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources (Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

the process was pretty streamlined

Interview Questions

• All questyions related to summer project and internship   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Korba (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vedanta Resources (Korba (India)) in September 2008.

Interview

Interview conducted in College campus in the last year of the college graduation year. First the interview panel board took a written test comprising of around 75 questions in analytical , verbal and current knowledge. After the initial screening of the test, there was a group discussion followed by personal face to face interview. They asked some basic technical question from the respective stream of subject and some HR related question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation as already they had mentioned in the PPT (Pre Placement Talk)