Veeco Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Recruiter first asked how are you doing during the campus study, if any activities you've ever enjoy in. They would focus on why you choose their company and why internal audit position. If you have related work experiences, they would go detailed about that, like how you performed it, what is your responsibility, and what you think challenge you most. During the behavior question there may some academic question, like the classification of accounts on the balance sheet, calculate the depreciation, or revenue recognition. At last they would wondering how you will bring to their company, and what's your plan for future. Ending is whether you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• During the interview section they will ask academic questions, while people feel nervous on an interview, it is hard for people to focus on those mathematics numbers and calculations.   Answer Question

Office location too far away from home.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one interviews face to face. I did receive a phone call after the interview process after 7:00 pm which wasn't acceptable. The first phone interview took a little over an hour. The panel interview was one person at a time which made it a little less stressful.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked if I had a significant other because they wanted to make sure I just didn't want the job because I needed it. Very odd and unethical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with what was offered

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR and than the hiring manager on phone. After first round was called for face to face. Total 6 associates (most of them are executives) interviewed me. I was told next day after face to face that I will be getting the offer.

Negotiation

I almost got the salary what I expected.

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Somerset, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by hiring manager. It took about 45 mins and he all he asked were technical questions. Then about two week later I had the onsite interview. It was a panel interview and lasted for about 1.5 hour. Most of the questions were technical questions and were not difficult.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Somerset, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with five people. The first three were one on one and one was with two people. The job description that I had received from HR was really not accurate and completely wrong. The details did not match the actual Job. I later found out that it was from a different division. The interviewers were all nice and professional and they asked reasonable questions

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Plainview, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

If you are called in for an interview you have to go to their site in Plainview for approximately four hours. There you will meet with Human Resources and several people from the departments that you are related to (i.e. if you are an electrical engineer you will meet an EE and if you have mechanical background too you will also meet an ME). They will go through your resume and then just talk to you, barely asking any technical questions. You will also get to go to the clean room and look around at the tools that they manufacture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not place a number down in the form that asks how much you would like to get pay. It doesn't hurt to ask for more money. They are very stubborn in this aspect though

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Campus (Nepal)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is like 1 week, after I submit my resume through the career center of my university I got the interview on campus. After the interview I received a call from veeco about the employment process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeco Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

The interview was quite simple with just 2 rounds, then negotiate for packages, everything is simple and smooth.

Negotiation

I asked for a quite good package and they cut to a lower level then I agreed.