Veeco Instruments

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews

Plainview, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was good. Very nice people to talk to on the phone. Travel arrangements were done quickly and rapidly. The interview process onsite consisted of 1-1 interviews with people from the department. A lot of technical questions were asked; challenging fundamentals and problem solving. Ideas revolved around past experience. A lot of them were specific to the job, but they weren't grilling you. The teams wanted to understand how much did I know about the field/job

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself & how does your background match the position? What skills do you bring to the table?   Answer Question
  • A lot of questions were related to the position/CVD/PVD experience etc   Answer Question

Plainview, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in August 2011.

Interview Details – It's about CVD process engineer. First is a phone interview with the group manager, asked about CVD growth experience. Then it's onsite interview, for a whole day. About 8 1:1interview, mostly based on resume. The group manager ask more about academic research (graphene). There's a lunch interview with a director. at the end it's a presentation. It takes a whole day, very exhausting.

Interview Question – do you think ALD can be used to grow graphene?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Manufacturing Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1. direct reported manager interview, discuss about working experience and other related job issues. 2. 2nd interview with higher level director, discuss further job issues and personal charactors etc. 3. 3rd interview with HR on the package. 4. sign the contract

Interview Question – what's the stategy will you use to encourage your subordinates have a creative technical thinking   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Plainview, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in March 2014.

Interview Details – there were 6 different people who took interview on 1 on 1 basis

Software Support Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by HR and than the hiring manager on phone. After first round was called for face to face. Total 6 associates (most of them are executives) interviewed me. I was told next day after face to face that I will be getting the offer.

Negotiation Details – I almost got the salary what I expected.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Somerset, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in October 2009.

Interview Details – submitting resumes for an open position
phone screen first after pass the paper cleaning process
get site interview with presentations
review the overall evaluation with 3-5 candidates and the hiring committee decide who is the best fit for the position. If not decided, move on 2nd pool or closing out

Interview Question – how to handle unknown technology for future   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. have a first interview with manager, director and HR and followed by presenting the previous working experience, the attitude for work, the time period for related field, and personal plan when you are hired by the company. Bonus depends on the yearly performance of the entire company, not that specific. Have to travel abaoad or domestically frequently 3

Interview Question – what do you expect if you are hired and what's your scope toward this position?3   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in June 2010.

Interview Details – i got a call from the hr dept and arranged a telephonic with the hiring manager, many questions on my background and experience was asked. then was asked for an onsite interview and flew to santa barbara .there i was interviewed by 5 engineers and under whom i was goin to work and they asked technical questions and had all 1:1 with them.then had the tour of the company and flew back. still no response from them and i had called them and asked but they said they are interviewing and the process is on.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Somerset, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewers were all very friendly and I didn't get the job because I was not a good fit for the job.

Overall good people, good technology- would love to interview again.

Engineering Interview

Somerset, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice company, good benefit.
1:1 meeting without presentation.
Total 6 people including engineer and, HR and manager.
Unforutnately, I didn't get offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Veeco Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veeco Instruments interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Veeco Instruments employees and interview candidates.