Veeco Instruments Interview Questions

2.8

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in May 2010.

Was initially contacted by the recruiter then senior manager then the manager.
    Questions like why you want this position?
    What languages do you speak?
    Are you familiar with Microsoft office, with computer networking?
    Talk about yourself and your previous experience?
    What kind of AFMs have you used in the past? Is there any Veeco AFM among those?
    Can you install and troubleshoot an AFM?
    How do you see yourself in 2-5 years from now?
    Describe your typical day?
    Are you willing to travel frequently and at short notice?
    Can you handle too much travel?
    Do you have any questions for us?

Interview Questions
    • According to your resume, you've got a great background; why you want this position? (He meant to say that I'm overqualified)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in October 2010.

I was first welcomed by the receptionist. Next someone from HR made me feel welcome. I waited for a while then had a one on one interview with the Director of Operations. Then I had a phone interview with the Director of Facilities. I was supposed to have an interview with the Director of HR but he was unavailable. I met one more time with the Director of Operations and that was it.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in May 2011.

Very nice company, good benefit.
    1:1 meeting without presentation.
    Total 6 people including engineer and, HR and manager.
    Unforutnately, I didn't get offer.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in January 2011.

If you are called in for an interview you have to go to their site in Plainview for approximately four hours. There you will meet with Human Resources and several people from the departments that you are related to (i.e. if you are an electrical engineer you will meet an EE and if you have mechanical background too you will also meet an ME). They will go through your resume and then just talk to you, barely asking any technical questions. You will also get to go to the clean room and look around at the tools that they manufacture.

Interview Questions
    Do not place a number down in the form that asks how much you would like to get pay. It doesn't hurt to ask for more money. They are very stubborn in this aspect though

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Veeco Instruments.

The interview was quite simple with just 2 rounds, then negotiate for packages, everything is simple and smooth.

I asked for a quite good package and they cut to a lower level then I agreed.

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Veeco Instruments in July 2011.

I was first interviewed over the phone by hiring manager. It took about 45 mins and he all he asked were technical questions. Then about two week later I had the onsite interview. It was a panel interview and lasted for about 1.5 hour. Most of the questions were technical questions and were not difficult.

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Recruiter first asked how are you doing during the campus study, if any activities you've ever enjoy in.
    They would focus on why you choose their company and why internal audit position. If you have related work experiences, they would go detailed about that, like how you performed it, what is your responsibility, and what you think challenge you most.
    During the behavior question there may some academic question, like the classification of accounts on the balance sheet, calculate the depreciation, or revenue recognition.
    At last they would wondering how you will bring to their company, and what's your plan for future.
    Ending is whether you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview section they will ask academic questions, while people feel nervous on an interview, it is hard for people to focus on those mathematics numbers and calculations.   Answer Question

Office location too far away from home.

Software Support Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

I was interviewed by HR and than the hiring manager on phone. After first round was called for face to face. Total 6 associates (most of them are executives) interviewed me. I was told next day after face to face that I will be getting the offer.

I almost got the salary what I expected.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in October 2009.

submitting resumes for an open position
    phone screen first after pass the paper cleaning process
    get site interview with presentations
    review the overall evaluation with 3-5 candidates and the hiring committee decide who is the best fit for the position. If not decided, move on 2nd pool or closing out

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in January 2010.

1. have a first interview with manager, director and HR and followed by presenting the previous working experience, the attitude for work, the time period for related field, and personal plan when you are hired by the company. Bonus depends on the yearly performance of the entire company, not that specific. Have to travel abaoad or domestically frequently 3

Interview Questions
    • what do you expect if you are hired and what's your scope toward this position?3   Answer Question