Veeco Instruments

Very Easy Interview

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by the recruiter then senior manager then the manager.
Questions like why you want this position?
What languages do you speak?
Are you familiar with Microsoft office, with computer networking?
Talk about yourself and your previous experience?
What kind of AFMs have you used in the past? Is there any Veeco AFM among those?
Can you install and troubleshoot an AFM?
How do you see yourself in 2-5 years from now?
Describe your typical day?
Are you willing to travel frequently and at short notice?
Can you handle too much travel?
Do you have any questions for us?

Interview Question – According to your resume, you've got a great background; why you want this position? (He meant to say that I'm overqualified)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was first welcomed by the receptionist. Next someone from HR made me feel welcome. I waited for a while then had a one on one interview with the Director of Operations. Then I had a phone interview with the Director of Facilities. I was supposed to have an interview with the Director of HR but he was unavailable. I met one more time with the Director of Operations and that was it.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Somerset, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice company, good benefit.
1:1 meeting without presentation.
Total 6 people including engineer and, HR and manager.
Unforutnately, I didn't get offer.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Electrical Engineer Intern
Plainview, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in January 2011.

Interview Details – If you are called in for an interview you have to go to their site in Plainview for approximately four hours. There you will meet with Human Resources and several people from the departments that you are related to (i.e. if you are an electrical engineer you will meet an EE and if you have mechanical background too you will also meet an ME). They will go through your resume and then just talk to you, barely asking any technical questions. You will also get to go to the clean room and look around at the tools that they manufacture.

Interview Question – But, will you like what you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not place a number down in the form that asks how much you would like to get pay. It doesn't hurt to ask for more money. They are very stubborn in this aspect though

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Interview Details – The interview was quite simple with just 2 rounds, then negotiate for packages, everything is simple and smooth.

Negotiation Details – I asked for a quite good package and they cut to a lower level then I agreed.

Software Support Manager Interview

Software Support Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by HR and than the hiring manager on phone. After first round was called for face to face. Total 6 associates (most of them are executives) interviewed me. I was told next day after face to face that I will be getting the offer.

Negotiation Details – I almost got the salary what I expected.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist
Somerset, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in October 2009.

Interview Details – submitting resumes for an open position
phone screen first after pass the paper cleaning process
get site interview with presentations
review the overall evaluation with 3-5 candidates and the hiring committee decide who is the best fit for the position. If not decided, move on 2nd pool or closing out

Interview Question – how to handle unknown technology for future   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. have a first interview with manager, director and HR and followed by presenting the previous working experience, the attitude for work, the time period for related field, and personal plan when you are hired by the company. Bonus depends on the yearly performance of the entire company, not that specific. Have to travel abaoad or domestically frequently 3

Interview Question – what do you expect if you are hired and what's your scope toward this position?3   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Somerset, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewers were all very friendly and I didn't get the job because I was not a good fit for the job.

Overall good people, good technology- would love to interview again.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Veeco Instruments in June 2010.

Interview Details – i got a call from the hr dept and arranged a telephonic with the hiring manager, many questions on my background and experience was asked. then was asked for an onsite interview and flew to santa barbara .there i was interviewed by 5 engineers and under whom i was goin to work and they asked technical questions and had all 1:1 with them.then had the tour of the company and flew back. still no response from them and i had called them and asked but they said they are interviewing and the process is on.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Veeco Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veeco Instruments interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Veeco Instruments employees and interview candidates.