Veeva Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Veeva Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via Linkedin and the hiring manager called me the next day. She asked basic questions about my background, profile etc. After that she sent me an online testing assignment, followed by a technical phone screen. The technical phone screen consisted of basic testing questions, and process related questions. Once that went through, I was called in for an in person interview

The in person interview consisted of interviews with the hiring manager, and the directors of several peer groups. All of these interviews were mostly personality/fit questions - not much technical stuff was involved here. Everyone I talked to seemed really genuine and interested in knowing more about my background. It was a real pleasure meeting all of them

The hiring manager was the one coordinating all the discussions, and she was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely professional and courteous and kept me informed during all the stages of the interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found a critical bug one day before release?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The whole discussion and negotiation was for a senior role. When they gave the offer letter, I was offered a junior role. Also, the salary was lower than what I was currently making

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview Details – Lots of one on one interviews via phone and skype, candidate exercise to assess critical thinking and problem solving skills. There isn't a lot of pressure during the interviews, the real challenge is reserved for the exercise. The interviews are meant to feel you out and ensure you're a fit for their environment.

Interview Question – Be ready to answer some questions about your exercise you hadn't considered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, solid offer.

Automation Software Engineer Interview

Automation Software Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Veeva Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied from their website and got a reply in a day. Talked to a hiring manager for about 30 minutes. Asked things on the resume and why choosing this position. At the end, he sent me a test to do at home and wanted me to finish it and send it back as soon as possible.

Interview Question – Sent me a java script file and asked me to modified it and ran it using testComplete   Answer Question

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Associate QA Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview Details – Applied to Veeva Systems online in February. The hiring manager contacted me in April through email and wanted to schedule a phone interview on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I waited for the call and no one called. So I sent an email Wednesday night stating my availability for Thursday. Hiring manager gave me a call on Thursday and went through basic procedures and asking me questions. After phone interview the hiring manager said I would be contacted. I never was contacted, but I followed up about one month later and the hiring manager set up an onsite interview although I had to send many emails. I was scheduled to interview with 3 different people (1 on 1 interviews) and ended up talking to 2 because the third person was on vacation. The interview was very basic and not a whole lot of technical questions. I did however ended up taking a technical test, but the hiring manager said I was not going to be evaluated on it for this position. As I was being interviewed I got to ask a few questions. My favorite question to ask in a interview is " Do you have any concerns about my qualifications to do this job?" I asks this question on my second interview, and I was told there are no concerns. After the second interview, the hiring manager (first interview) tells me "... has some concerns about you." We chatted for a bit and the hiring manager walked me out. I got a call back the next week and told they decided to go with a different candidate.

Interview Question – There was really no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview Details – The interviews were pretty simple. Graph and tree traversals. DFS and BFS. Such a nice people. I did interview with them but I didn't get into. I talked to two of the softwwre devs and they were such a nice people.

Interview Question – They provide a person object which you should traverse over it and solve the problem. I don't really remember what exactly the question was.   Answer Question

Java Engineer, New College Grad Interview

Java Engineer, New College Grad

I applied online and interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview Details – Applied on the website, received e-mail communication through Jobvite, got phone interview. The recruiter and interviewer were very nice.

Interview Question – basic Java questions   Answer Question

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Associate QA Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview Details – I had applied once before so my resume was still floating around the office somewhere. I had received an email about setting up for a possible phone interview. I wasn't given much time before the date they wanted to plan for but went ahead anyway. They were very timely in calling me, didn't have too much of a thick accent so I could understand easily enough and the questions were mostly about me and my skills without feeling grilled on my skills.

Interview Question – Go to a website of your choice and QA a certain process on the site.   View Answer

Customer Manager Interview

Customer Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview Details – Applied through a referral, went through 3 rounds of interviews, hiring manager seemed too busy or overwhelmed, Did a standard presentation that seems to be part of the process, Seems like a good company to work for, but as always, it depends on the group and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Veeva Systems in December 2013.

Interview Details – Called for just a talk.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veeva Systems in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1st Phone Interview: Java Questions and the same Parent class coding test as mentioned before
2nd Phone Interview: More Java questions and mapping values recursively coding test
Very nice interviewers

Interview Question – 1st Phone Interview:
- Past experience/projects
- Difference between set and List
- What are/example of static variables
- Easy basic stuff
- Code Test: given a person in a family tree, return a list of their oldest sisters

2nd Phone Interview:
- Java Questions: describe how "synchronize" works, difference between arraylist and linkedlist, question about Collections/abstract classes, easy stuff
- Code Test: map values to letters recursively -> THINK BFS WITHOUT USING A QUEUE (using recursion instead)
  View Answer

Worked for Veeva Systems? Contribute to the Community!