Veeva Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

Phone screen followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and then another phone screen. Interview seemed more like an interrogation. I felt really defensive the whole time Asked extremely inappropriate and illegal questions

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate college?   1 Answer
    • Why did your former company (leaving company name blank) lay off people in their rewards marketing department. They don't care about their rewards program?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

There's a phone call, a Skype or in-person interview, a case exercise (expect to take 15-20 hours on this), meeting with another manager, and a fifth interview. Takes awhile to go through the whole process. Overall, it was pretty intensive, especially the case exercise. They present an issue and you have to learn how to use their system and configure a solution with it. It seemed like they had to go through the process even though I could tell from the beginning that it was going well and I would get hired. Best way in is to get an employee referral.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Veeva Systems in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and coding challenge. Since I have limited real-world experience, the phone interview questions mostly focused around questions involving my school work. I was told that I'd talk to the other engineers on the DevOps team if my application went any further.

Interview Questions

• Using Python, parse an XML file and output a specified file structure.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. Then I was contacted by a Veeva recruiter a week after. At first, she wanted me to consider the position of Automation Development Engineer, New Grad, but I requested to be interviewed for the position listed above. They ultimately accepted to interview for the SE position. This was a 1 1/2-hour phone interview. In the last 30 minutes of the interview, you are expected to code a solution to a programming problem on collabedit. What I found really weird about this is that the interviewer did not want/expect me to tell him about my thought process. He just wanted to see the answer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the oldest sisters of the given Person object. Such class recursively defines a Person father, Person mother, and a List<Person> of children.   Answer Question
    • They also asked some standard questions about general OOP concepts, databases.   Answer Question
    • They also asked me about experiences with school projects and the like.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Veeva Systems in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a Test Automation Engineer and received my first call about 2-3 weeks after I applied. The manager had a very thick Chinese accent and it was very difficult to understand her. I was able to struggle through the process and was able to piece together most of what she wanted. I was very disappointed with how things progressed. I was told there was no automation jobs open and that this job was just black box testing/test case creation. I was also tasked with writing test cases for Amazon.com, which was pretty menial. It was very difficult to communicate via email since they are using an intermediary which will not allow you to attach items. I had to copy paste 5 pages of test cases which had all its formatting stripped. Following this she asked for my transcript. I was unable to communicate that the transcript could not be sent to the intermediary email and that the transcript was html formatted so it wouldn't attach to an email in plain text very readable manner. Apparently, they really care about grades despite me becoming a senior level Automation engineer in only a year of working at my current company and I received no further communication from the company.

Interview Questions

• Please go through the process of creating a test case for automation.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Rude My only complaint/comment is that one of the interviewers spent the entire time mining me for all my contacts instead of actually interviewing me for the position. This was incredibly rude, unethical, and dishonest. If I didn't need the job I would have gotten up and walked out there and then.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know at x company? Who do you know at y company? Who do you know at z company? Etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

We set up a phone interview and they told me more about the job, and then rescheduled a second interview for technical questions where we worked online on collabedit. The interviewers were both nice and good about setting up appointments, overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• The online question on collabedit was the only question involving work, it was an algorithm problem.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Project based interview with many people sitting in virtually and asking product questions. It was difficult but they ask difficult questions because clients often ask the same things in the same dynamics.

Interview Questions

• Project based interview was very difficult, time consuming.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Veeva Systems in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the QA hiring manager. After the first screening with QA hiring manager, he gave me the scripting problem and asked me to finish it and sent it back to him as soon as possible. Then I had two technical Skype interviews with two senior QAs. At the end, I flied to Pleasanton for an onsite interview. During the on-site interview, I spoke with two people in senior management level and they thought I might be a good fit for associate software engineer too (I was really surprise because I didn't prepare anything for SW position). After having lunch with QA manager, I spoke with one software engineer and one manager in development team. Few days later, I was contacted by QA manager and he told me that I got an offer in QA team.

Interview Questions

• For QA interview, one of the Skype interviews asked me the questions regarding to the scripting problem.   Answer Question
    • For SW interview, JavaScript/ Java Knowledge base question.   Answer Question

I got an better offer from another company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

2 phase. first phase to find out designs that are not logical within code. second phase asks you to write a function to find a person's oldest sister.(person can have multiple parents since remarrying )