Veeva Systems

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

We set up a phone interview and they told me more about the job, and then rescheduled a second interview for technical questions where we worked online on collabedit. The interviewers were both nice and good about setting up appointments, overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • The online question on collabedit was the only question involving work, it was an algorithm problem.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Project based interview with many people sitting in virtually and asking product questions. It was difficult but they ask difficult questions because clients often ask the same things in the same dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • Project based interview was very difficult, time consuming.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer/Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Veeva Systems in November 2014.

I applied online and I was contacted by the QA hiring manager. After the first screening with QA hiring manager, he gave me the scripting problem and asked me to finish it and sent it back to him as soon as possible. Then I had two technical Skype interviews with two senior QAs. At the end, I flied to Pleasanton for an onsite interview. During the on-site interview, I spoke with two people in senior management level and they thought I might be a good fit for associate software engineer too (I was really surprise because I didn't prepare anything for SW position). After having lunch with QA manager, I spoke with one software engineer and one manager in development team. Few days later, I was contacted by QA manager and he told me that I got an offer in QA team.

Interview Questions
    • For QA interview, one of the Skype interviews asked me the questions regarding to the scripting problem.   Answer Question
    • For SW interview, JavaScript/ Java Knowledge base question.   Answer Question

I got an better offer from another company

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Veeva Systems.

2 phase. first phase to find out designs that are not logical within code.
    second phase asks you to write a function to find a person's oldest sister.(person can have multiple parents since remarrying )

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Veeva Systems in September 2014.

I was invited for an on-campus interview which was two rounds of 30 mins each. The first one was a resume walk through with basic questions such as how to improve SQL query performances, use of indexes, EXPLAIN statement, JAVA String vs StringBuilder vs StringBuffer, what is MVC, span vs div.

In the second round they gave me a java code to review (one sided A4 sheet) which does some string manipulations, it didn't have proper type casting, had one infinite loops, required constructor over loading, improper use of iterator.next(), 'static' usage mistake etc. With around 10 errors/optimizations.

After that, I was only left with around 10 mins and he gave me a problem with a class and asked to implement a method. The class is "Person" with attributes string name, int age, char sex, Person spouse, List<Person> children. The method should return me the oldest sibling pair (also considering there could be half-siblings that is, children from different parents). After reading through the problem I was left with less than 5 mins to implement it and didn't do it good, but once time was up (and he had few others to interview after me) I explained him how to solve it, but I realized it's only partially correct. I felt the time given was not fair, even the interviewer apologized for it.

It's been three weeks and never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • The siblings question. I surely need more time to solve it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Veeva Systems in September 2014.

Had a phone interview first, with an online/interactive session during which I was asked to write a short procedure to solve a minor problem (e.g. recursive tree searching). After few days got a call for onsite interview, where I had several 1-hour long sessions with a different managers as well as developers. Overall it was very positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to actually ask questions, not only respond.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Veeva Systems.

Lots of one on one interviews via phone and skype, candidate exercise to assess critical thinking and problem solving skills. There isn't a lot of pressure during the interviews, the real challenge is reserved for the exercise. The interviews are meant to feel you out and ensure you're a fit for their environment.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to answer some questions about your exercise you hadn't considered.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, solid offer.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Veeva Systems in June 2014.

I applied via Linkedin and the hiring manager called me the next day. She asked basic questions about my background, profile etc. After that she sent me an online testing assignment, followed by a technical phone screen. The technical phone screen consisted of basic testing questions, and process related questions. Once that went through, I was called in for an in person interview

The in person interview consisted of interviews with the hiring manager, and the directors of several peer groups. All of these interviews were mostly personality/fit questions - not much technical stuff was involved here. Everyone I talked to seemed really genuine and interested in knowing more about my background. It was a real pleasure meeting all of them

The hiring manager was the one coordinating all the discussions, and she was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely professional and courteous and kept me informed during all the stages of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found a critical bug one day before release?   Answer Question

The whole discussion and negotiation was for a senior role. When they gave the offer letter, I was offered a junior role. Also, the salary was lower than what I was currently making

Associate QA Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Applied to Veeva Systems online in February. The hiring manager contacted me in April through email and wanted to schedule a phone interview on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I waited for the call and no one called. So I sent an email Wednesday night stating my availability for Thursday. Hiring manager gave me a call on Thursday and went through basic procedures and asking me questions. After phone interview the hiring manager said I would be contacted. I never was contacted, but I followed up about one month later and the hiring manager set up an onsite interview although I had to send many emails. I was scheduled to interview with 3 different people (1 on 1 interviews) and ended up talking to 2 because the third person was on vacation. The interview was very basic and not a whole lot of technical questions. I did however ended up taking a technical test, but the hiring manager said I was not going to be evaluated on it for this position. As I was being interviewed I got to ask a few questions. My favorite question to ask in a interview is " Do you have any concerns about my qualifications to do this job?" I asks this question on my second interview, and I was told there are no concerns. After the second interview, the hiring manager (first interview) tells me "... has some concerns about you." We chatted for a bit and the hiring manager walked me out. I got a call back the next week and told they decided to go with a different candidate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Veeva Systems.

The interviews were pretty simple. Graph and tree traversals. DFS and BFS. Such a nice people. I did interview with them but I didn't get into. I talked to two of the softwwre devs and they were such a nice people.

Interview Questions
    • They provide a person object which you should traverse over it and solve the problem. I don't really remember what exactly the question was.   Answer Question