Velocity Merchant Services

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Velocity Merchant Services

Small Business Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Velocity Merchant Services .

Initially, you can find their ads on craigslist or indeed.com. After you submit your resume, you will be contacted by one of the recruiting managers. He will ask you for a few questions and ask you to come in for an interview. When you come in, they will be extremely vague on what they do and how they do it. They will try to sell you on the money-making portion on it and avoid answering questions specifically about their business. They won't ask you anything hard, their main question is if you have any phone/call center experience. After that you'll have a second interview with one of the sales managers and he'll rundown what they expect of you as in you meeting sales quotas and hitting the numbers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question there is "how are you on the phones?." That's all they really care about in the end.   View Answers (2)
    There is no negotiation process.

Velocity Merchant Services Response

Sep 26, 2014Recruiter

First and foremost I want to respond in respect to you and the integrity to mine and the company's ethics. I am the Corporate Recruiter with Velocity. Unfortunately 90% of what was described above is ... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Velocity Merchant Services in August 2010.

Found job posting for "Marketing Agent" on Craigslist Chicago. Submitted cover letter and resume via email. Was called regarding the job about a week later. Setup an initial interview with Director of HR. She liked me, so I had a second interview with the CEO. After the second interview, I was given a "Marketing Planning Project" to bring with me to my third interview. I completed some market research and presented some suggested courses of action along with some accompanying graphics I created. I was called back about a week and a half later to tell me I'd gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • The request to create a marketing plan.   View Answer
    I accepted their initial offer.