Velocity Technology Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.6

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in July 2013.

Very Good Interview process. Lot of long meetings

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in January 2013.

I was brought in for 2 interviews following a phone conversation. They were very welcoming, asked pertinent questions, and made sure I knew exactly what the position entailed. They did not spend long at all to make a decision, and called me immediately to let me know of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly things specific to an accounting role, and I only had a difficult time answering because it wasn't a procedure I was familiar with from my prior job.   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate. They met my salary requirement without having to discuss it with me.

Division Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in October 2012.

Great Interview process!! From the initial phone call from the Director of talent acquisition, it was a pleasure. She was very personable, I sensed a great energy, which made me comfortable and happy about going forward with the initial interview. First interview at the Seattle office was just as comfortable. Again had a good vibe with everyone. I had two, 1 on 1 interviews the first time and then another 1 on 1 the second interview. With both I felt an automatic comfort and ease in all interviewers which made the process a pleasant one. We all know this isn't common in interviews, considering the nervousness that can cause tension and awkwardness, I felt neither of these. I can honestly say that it's been a great and most favored interview process. I just was recently offered the position of Division Administrator (Seattle) and I'm am grateful and ecstatic about the opportunity! I'm looking forward to meeting every one in the office and officially becoming a part of the Velocity Family :)

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions difficult or unexpected. I was well prepared for any and all questions that might be asked :)   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in December 2011.

Initial interview was with a human resources individual. I was then interviewed by the DBA manager and his immediate supervisor. I then was interviewed by a senior Oracle DBA and then by a technology manager. The entire interview process was a little bizarre due to the fact that after each interview, I was offered the position only to then be told several weeks later that I needed to interview with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked. I got the sense from the interview that the people interviewing me didn't really know much of anything about Oracle products.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating at all. They made me an offer and indicated that there would be no negotiating.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in November 2011.

First interview was with a recruiter. That was your typical get to know you conversation. I waited several weeks after that and then had a technical interview. That interview was interesting as I was not asked anything specific regarding the position I applied for. I was asked questions about Oracle in general, but nothing specific technically. The interviewer seemed very uninterested in speaking with me. A couple of times during the interview, he excused himself to speak with someone else. I could hear them laughing in the background. He then came back on the phone and asked if I had any questions. I started to speak and then he said that someone would be in contact with me for the next phase. I never heard anything from them again.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if your boss asks you to perform a function that is incorrect?   View Answer
    • What do I do if my database crashes?   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in January 2011.

2 rounds of phone interviews and then an onsite and i was put on hold.My other friend had 3 rounds of phone interview and an onsite

Interview Questions
    • They mostly concentrate on your resume , computer architecture and digital design basics   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in June 2014.

Wonderful, well managed and quick interview process. Recruitment team is very cooperative and well organised. They do communicate very well. Quick and crystal clear communication is really appreciated. Post appointment joining process is also well organised without any surprises (especially bad surprises).

NA

Contracts Administrator, Velocity Technology Solutions Interview

Very positive experience from the initial contact to the 1:1 interviews. Received the first telephone call from the Director of Talent Acquisition. She was not only thorough during the pre-screening process, but very personable leaving me with a high first impression of the organization. Shortly after, I had my first interview with the hiring manager in the New York office, and I immediately felt a synergy. The hiring manager conducted an excellent interview, and I found the meeting to be informative and enjoyable. There was no tension and I felt very comfortable. It confirmed my initial impression of the company. A second interview soon followed and the experience was similar to the first two. Once again, I was impressed with the quality of the staff, their professionalism, dedication and genuineness. Throughout the interview process, I was always kept informed. I did accept an offer. It was confirmed after working my first week that the positive experience during the interview process stems from the leadership and culture of the company. I am delighted to be a part of Velocity.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared for my meetings and did not find any questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Velocity Technology Solutions in November 2012.

Initial communications were very personable. I had the opportunity to meet with several members of the team that I would potentially be working with. The HR team was supportive, approachable, and answered all of my questions. When I met with the team, I felt like we were already working together, rather than that I was, "being interviewed." Frank, genuine answers (versus those that you think about for a while) were immediately rewarded with positive feedback. I felt comfortable, and connected early with the team. Overall, I had three 1:1 interviews and one phone discussion.

Interview Questions
    • There were expectations for both strong business acumen and technical knowledge. Because this company operates on the cutting edge of technology, having a perspective on the right combination or approach is encouraged in interview discussions.   Answer Question