Velti Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.1

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

A Velti recruiter reached out to me about a Marketing Director position, based in San Francisco. What a joke of a process, first I didn't hear back for awhile, then the HR person setting up my phone interview sent me the job description for an Account Exec/manager position in a completely different city. Honest mistake? When I pointed out the error, she couldn't offer any explanation other than "this is what they told me to send you." I promptly withdrew my consideration and would not advise anyone else to apply here.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Velti (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Standard phone screen, followed by an interview with the primary manager for the position as well as a few others that work closely with the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an especially challenging time when you had to steer the direction of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that there was absolutely no room to negotiate up.

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people after the initial phone call. I was then brought back a 2nd time and they made me an offer. They were professional an honest about the lack of structure, especially in the US, but that was the challenge and I excepted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tough other than my leadership plan based on the current state of the company based on their description   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted, and they gave it to me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Velti (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Four hour interview with 6 or 7 people asking questions like, "If you had to hold a meeting, how would you know who to invite?" The job description (project manage software implementations) was nothing like what it turned out to be (a help desk associate putting out fires all day.) I was asked if I enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and it was the least collaborative environment I'd ever been in.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with stress?" was the most telling question.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I found this through a recruiter. The recruiters interview was the hardest. I had one interview with the hiring manager, a panel and then with a VP. They asked a lot of situational questions...tell me about a situation where....once hired, the on boarding was poor, not training what so ever.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate $5,000 in my base.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Normal, but protracted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied through my college job board. I received a phone call from the human resources manager and did a quick phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come in to the offices for an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and tested my knowledge of the industry.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Fairly typical, except extended. People polite during the process, but could not explain why they would say a call or email would come on a certain day, then did not. Was a bit longer than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly typical and easy. From what I understand, my references were questioned more rigorously than I was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Velti (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Series of 1:1 conversations which were primarily intended to understand the fit with the company. Refreshing open discussion and honest Q&A going both ways.

If you interview with Velti you need to be very open about who you are and what you want to achieve. You need to be fully able and committed to deliver. Once these things are covered, you're pretty certain to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you really want to work for us? How do you feel you can help take this company to the next level?   1 Answer
    • What is your proudest career achievement so far? What was the strangest problem you ever had to solve? How did that go?   1 Answer

Negotiation

First offer was fair. No negotiation.

Revenue Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Velti (Athens (Greece)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online after few days received an email from their HR wether I'm available to start, i said yes, the asked for an interview after one week, after five days they called and accepted me and asked for a second interview.