Venafi Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

3.2

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Venafi (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total. All via phone and 1 face-to-face. There was a quick phone screening interview. Then a face-to-face with the person I would be working with daily. From there, the rest where phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Venafi and how can your skills help based on what you think we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was quick. It was one phone call. We discussed what was needed for me to sign and they made the offer based on that conversation. So, when the offer came, it was exactly as expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Venafi.

Interview

Regular interview process. 5x45 min. One of interviews was taken by skype. Candidates beware! They interviewed me more than 40 days ago and I'm still having no reply from them. This is disrespect.

Interview Questions

• Implement public static <T> Iterator<T> flatten(final Iterator<Iterator<T>> it)   Answer Question

Senior Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

A few phone interviews, followed by an on-site at HQ with privates sessions with all exec leadership. Part of the process was a presentation and role-play. Very straight forward - no surprises and full transparency on next steps.

Interview Questions

• To provide a presentation.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Venafi in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward. Nothing special. First phone screen, then either skype interview or face-to-face with engineers not from your team. It depends where you are. After that, VP interview and offer if it goes well

Interview Questions

• I was asked very simple questions regarding my experience and some exercises for coding and design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venafi (Sandy, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with head of engineering for one hour. His questions were theory/personality/coding based. Built instant report. He was extremely personable and friendly yet frank and honest. After that interview he had me interview with two engineers from the department. They asked very in-depth questions based on C# and JavaScript and had me write some code in both languages that solved certain problems. Both were extremely skilled and knowledgeable, yet came across as friendly and personable. I was invited to interview with the executive staff several weeks later. These interviews were much more about personality, cultural fit, type questions. All of them were very engaging, passionate individuals and extremely good at their respective jobs. They were also much tougher on my resume and were more difficult to read. I was then invited back to interview with the CEO. This was the highlight of the interviewing process. He was relaxed and comfortable and was far more interested in me as a person than about my skill-set. He helped educate me on why I would want to work for Venafi. Overall, fantastic process!

Interview Questions

• Suppose a blind person came to you and asked you to build a spice rack for you, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly straight forward.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venafi in April 2012.

Interview

Several interviews with depart,ent head and potential co- workers

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for the job and be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question