Venafi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Venafi in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with head of engineering for one hour. His questions were theory/personality/coding based. Built instant report. He was extremely personable and friendly yet frank and honest. After that interview he had me interview with two engineers from the department. They asked very in-depth questions based on C# and JavaScript and had me write some code in both languages that solved certain problems. Both were extremely skilled and knowledgeable, yet came across as friendly and personable. I was invited to interview with the executive staff several weeks later. These interviews were much more about personality, cultural fit, type questions. All of them were very engaging, passionate individuals and extremely good at their respective jobs. They were also much tougher on my resume and were more difficult to read. I was then invited back to interview with the CEO. This was the highlight of the interviewing process. He was relaxed and comfortable and was far more interested in me as a person than about my skill-set. He helped educate me on why I would want to work for Venafi. Overall, fantastic process!

Interview Question – Suppose a blind person came to you and asked you to build a spice rack for you, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly straight forward.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Venafi in April 2012.

Interview Details – Several interviews with depart,ent head and potential co- workers

Interview Question – Why would you be good for the job and be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Worked for Venafi? Contribute to the Community!