Vencore

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.5

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewed with one of their managers on the phone. A couple of weeks later I was offered a position with the company. Found out after accepting the offer I would be working under a different manager and to support a different contract and position than which I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mostly technical questions. I don't think they asked any behavioral questions. Questions were fairly straightforward. Not difficult.   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vencore.

Excellent but the HR contractors demand prior salary information which is Proprietary Information belonging to the previous employer. Nonetheless HR will abusively demand this information.

Easy with the company employees I hired into. Nearly impossible with HR

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Vencore in March 2014.

A short phone interview from HR regarding work and school background led to a 1:1 interview one week later. I met with a hiring manager and discussed job details in relation to my background and skill set. It was more of a very structured and guided conversation. There were very typical interview questions, from my biggest strengths to my hobbies.

Senior Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore.

Three interviews with GE Aerospace engineers and managers

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vencore in November 2011.

I was initially contacted by the hiring manager by phone. The conversation went well, and since they'd been interested in some of my previous work, I was asked to come in for an interview in person. At the interview these guys had clearly read up on my work and were quick to make me feel comfortable durring the entire process. It felt more like a directed conversation, with particular interest in my experience than a generalized heavy examination of my broad expertise.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to respond to team members who were not very constructive.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vencore in September 2011.

This was a direct referral within the company. Most jobs within SI Organization are done this way.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me the basic fundamentals of metadata analysis.   Answer Question
    I didn't have much power of negotiation. The salary appears to be locked globally for all employees regardless of project, proram, etc.

Summer Tech Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vencore in March 2011.

I had 3 1:1 interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. I spoke directly with hiring managers.

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vencore in October 2010.

PM or deputy is hiring manager, process is contract centric, know the customer

based on past experience

Systems Engineering Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore in March 2010.

Referred by a friend from undergrad, I was promptly called for a phone screening follow-up by a regional recruiter with a set of scripted questions mutually finding out more information about my studies, internship experience, and interests while enabling me to inquire more about Lockheed Martin at the time. Roughly 2-3 days after the phone screening, I had a brief phone interview with a HR partner and Security which led to an invitation for a formal interview the following Friday.Upon arrival at a recruiting center, I was notified that I would have 3 individual interviews with different programs following sessions with HR and Security. 2 of the 3 interviews were strong fits, but I felt a stronger connection with the one organization. I received an offer the following week and promptly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • As this was one of the first interviews, I was expecting technical questions, but received more behavioral and situational questions including how to deal with difficult personalities.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vencore in November 2008.

Interview process included multiple managers, talking to each individually. Heard that they have tried a few different ways though to interview people including multiple managers interviewing the same person at the same time. Most managers do not like this as it's more difficult, and less successful.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest or most challenging leadership role played thus far, without having any huge prior work experience.   Answer Question