Vencore Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

2.3

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore.

Interview

After putting many applications in over time I was finally contacted by a corporate recruiter who did a first phone screen. I told her I was in the process of looking for work and was interviewing at several companies. She set up a phone interview immediately. I was interviewed on the phone by conference call. The interview lasted maybe 40 minuets and nothing out of the ordinary question wise. One week later I was given an offer and relocation expense information.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vencore.

Interview

Initially spoke to a recruiter who then offered me an interview. The interview was pretty basic but the interviewer spent most of the time talking about the company, and not as much time asking questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about specifics when it came to cloud integration.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore.

Interview

First, they required me to submit a java project. I submitted one of my project that I did long time ago. Then I got an interview on site. The interview went really well, 4 people interviewed me, but only 1 asked questions, the other 3 just sat there and evaluate my answers. A week later I got an email from them saying that they do not have enough funding for this position, and wish me luck on my future career

Interview Questions

• they will ask you one java problem, require you to write a pseudo code for that problem to know how much do you know coding   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed with one of their managers on the phone. A couple of weeks later I was offered a position with the company. Found out after accepting the offer I would be working under a different manager and to support a different contract and position than which I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly technical questions. I don't think they asked any behavioral questions. Questions were fairly straightforward. Not difficult.   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Excellent but the HR contractors demand prior salary information which is Proprietary Information belonging to the previous employer. Nonetheless HR will abusively demand this information.

Negotiation

Easy with the company employees I hired into. Nearly impossible with HR

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was extensive and meaningful to include interviewing with peers, management and subordinates. I found it to be of real value for me to evaluate the company and position and for the company to achieve the same in looking at me. Definiately much better than most companies

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

A short phone interview from HR regarding work and school background led to a 1:1 interview one week later. I met with a hiring manager and discussed job details in relation to my background and skill set. It was more of a very structured and guided conversation. There were very typical interview questions, from my biggest strengths to my hobbies.

Senior Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore (Valley Forge, PA).

Interview

Three interviews with GE Aerospace engineers and managers

Interview Questions

• Do you balance your checkbook?   1 Answer

Information Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Two gentlemen, one more senior, the other very new or an intern. Causal, and allowed me to do the talking with small starter questions. No technical questions. Did not appear to be familiar with the job or skill set. Just working off of a job requisition. Do you know about......? types of questions with no way to determine if validity of responses. Nice people though.

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vencore (Chantilly, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the hiring manager by phone. The conversation went well, and since they'd been interested in some of my previous work, I was asked to come in for an interview in person. At the interview these guys had clearly read up on my work and were quick to make me feel comfortable durring the entire process. It felt more like a directed conversation, with particular interest in my experience than a generalized heavy examination of my broad expertise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to respond to team members who were not very constructive.   1 Answer