Vencore

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.3

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vencore.

Initially spoke to a recruiter who then offered me an interview. The interview was pretty basic but the interviewer spent most of the time talking about the company, and not as much time asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about specifics when it came to cloud integration.   View Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore.

First, they required me to submit a java project. I submitted one of my project that I did long time ago. Then I got an interview on site. The interview went really well, 4 people interviewed me, but only 1 asked questions, the other 3 just sat there and evaluate my answers. A week later I got an email from them saying that they do not have enough funding for this position, and wish me luck on my future career

Interview Questions
    • they will ask you one java problem, require you to write a pseudo code for that problem to know how much do you know coding   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewed with one of their managers on the phone. A couple of weeks later I was offered a position with the company. Found out after accepting the offer I would be working under a different manager and to support a different contract and position than which I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mostly technical questions. I don't think they asked any behavioral questions. Questions were fairly straightforward. Not difficult.   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vencore.

Excellent but the HR contractors demand prior salary information which is Proprietary Information belonging to the previous employer. Nonetheless HR will abusively demand this information.

Easy with the company employees I hired into. Nearly impossible with HR

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Vencore in March 2014.

A short phone interview from HR regarding work and school background led to a 1:1 interview one week later. I met with a hiring manager and discussed job details in relation to my background and skill set. It was more of a very structured and guided conversation. There were very typical interview questions, from my biggest strengths to my hobbies.

Senior Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vencore.

Three interviews with GE Aerospace engineers and managers

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vencore in November 2011.

I was initially contacted by the hiring manager by phone. The conversation went well, and since they'd been interested in some of my previous work, I was asked to come in for an interview in person. At the interview these guys had clearly read up on my work and were quick to make me feel comfortable durring the entire process. It felt more like a directed conversation, with particular interest in my experience than a generalized heavy examination of my broad expertise.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to respond to team members who were not very constructive.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vencore in September 2011.

This was a direct referral within the company. Most jobs within SI Organization are done this way.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me the basic fundamentals of metadata analysis.   Answer Question
    I didn't have much power of negotiation. The salary appears to be locked globally for all employees regardless of project, proram, etc.

Senior Staff Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Vencore in July 2011.

Vencore (formerly the SI Org.) was created from Lockheed Martin's Systems Integration Division which was a line of business under IS&GS. Due to persistent OCI concerns expressed by the government, Lockheed made the decision to sell the SI ostensibly to free it up to go after new contract and also allow it to continue to compete for it's core contracts. I was a Legacy employee from Lockheed Martin so there was no interview.

Summer Tech Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vencore in March 2011.

I had 3 1:1 interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. I spoke directly with hiring managers.