Vendavo

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

3.1

Sales Development Represanative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vendavo.

I applied on an indeed posting. First set up a initial phone screen with corporate recruiter. Pretty basic phone screen lasted about a half hour wanting to go over my background and the details of the position applied for. The first round was a success and she wanted me to set up a call with the director who would be working with the candidate who ends up doing the position. There was obviously communication between the recruiter and director going into my second phone screen. This was a confirmation of what we had known and then some clarification that the position wasn't a typical sales position and more of a researching prospects in the pre-sales process to get them on-board to talk to an account executive. There were some recommendations to do some further research on some financial statement knowledge before taking it to a in person interview. I had done lots of research on the company as well as brushing up on some finance terms that I have not used extensively in previous role. Went in for a in person interview where they wanted me to meet with the director and two vice presidents. Went in for the in person interview and things seemed to have went pretty well. I had done my homework which seemed to impress both of them. One vice president was not able to be at the meeting. It closed with the next steps being to talk to two additional vice presidents the next day. I agreed to one the following morning and one the next day at 1:00. I tried resisting the 1:00 interview as I had another interview that I wanted to focus on with another company shortly after.The recruiter I had first spoke with had added me on linkedIn right after the interview. Things seemed to have been going pretty well at this point.

The next morning, I wake up and prepare for the first phone interview.... Nothing. 5 minutes goes by. I email the director as I was suppose to receive the call but just wanted to confirm I wasn't suppose to call in. A few hours later she responds that she could not get confirmation from him but the 1:00 interview was still on. Very unprofessional as I had done lots to prepare for this and could have been utilizing my day preparing for other companies I had been interviewing with. The 1:00 interview didn't call in until about 20 minutes later. I was apprehensive to accept this call to begin with as I warned her this was running very close to another interview I had. The other VP calls 20 minutes late, no apoligies for that. Fine, I can deal with that, let's get on to the interview. Apparently he was just reading my resume for the very first time and there was no internal communication on the progress of the interview so far. Asking very basic questions that should have been understood by now - like why I am not with the last company etc. Very frustrated to start from scratch as I had been about 5 hours deep into talking with this company. After about 10 minutes he cut me off and said he had to take this call.

I was suppose to take an assessment that day. Followed up with both the recruiter and the director who would be the position's direct superior several times. NO RESPONSE. A rejection would have been more acceptable than that. Sent them linkedIn message... Nothing! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I would not suggest bothering with this company.

They have a very interesting product and have recently been bought out buy a hedge fund. That hedge fund had brought a lot of these individuals in to turn it around. They should probably gut the rest of the staff and sell the product to an established company who can distribute this product. HR was ver "Bi-Polar" with Vendavo.

Interview Questions
    • Are you on lunch break or did you just sneak out of the office from your current job?   View Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vendavo.

Very very lengthy and time consuming interview. 2 rounds of telephonic (1st one for 1 hour and the 2nd one for 1.5 hours) and then one onsite for 3 hours with 5 people. The onsite is non-stop with few mins gap for water. Interviewers were nice but the turn around time is very very long. I had to follow many times with my recruiting agency for the updates. Almost took 1 month for the above process. But didnt get any update from anyone, upon checking again vendavo said no decision has been taken (not rejected but put it in reserve) That was the most frustrating part. You should give out a decision and not to keep people on the hook.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of questions around JVM, Oracle performance and queries. At onsite used white boards for Architecture diagrams, Queries. No coding test though.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vendavo in June 2014.

A few phone interviews followed by in-person interviews. Interviews went well, and I was told to wait to hear about next steps. It has been months, and I still haven't heard anything. Very unprofessional.

I got a negative impression of the company during the interviews. Company seemed disorganized and confused about its goals, and employees seemed dissatisfied. I would not want to work for this company.

Vendavo Response

Oct 23, 2014Sr. Director Recruiting

I am disappointed by this posting, as we did follow up with the candidate and let her know we were not going to proceed with her candidacy. For everyone who interviews with Vendavo, we always inform ... More

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The HR department at Vendavo is excellent! I admire their professionalism, great communication, and accommodation. My interviews went according to the preplanned agenda and went exactly as planned. Feedback and next steps were provided to me in a timely manner. Both HR and the hiring team were easily approachable for any questions/ concerns and always got back to me with a fast turnaround. Vendavo's HR team has an efficient and well structured hiring process. They made my transition smooth and easy! Great team, excellent package, excited to be apart of this company!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vendavo in August 2013.

I applied online through their website and the recruiter called me. They scheduled a phone interview. The interview was first scheduled for 30 mins but went on for 1.2 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • The interview kicked of well but unfortunately the interviewer was not pleasant and didnt know the concepts well. We ended up arguing over solutions and the person was not ready to accept in spite of listing out the disadvantages. I felt it was waste of time.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vendavo in June 2013.

Terrible HR and management. They do not know how to run a company and they seem not to care about their image. My interview was delayed many times with very poor excuses. This does not make the company look good at all and if this is how they make a first impression on potential employees, I don’t want to know how badly I would be treated if I actually worked there.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was actually getting them to follow through on an interview.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vendavo in April 2011.

Was approached by the recruiter by email.There was an initial phone screen from an on site recruite followed by 2 telephonic interviews with technical team members, general questions on Java & SQL. Got called by for an onsite interview.
     Person who interviewed fist came 10 mins late and obviously had not looked at my resume earlier. Wrote down the questions from a printout(it was obvious that the person didn't know the answers).
     Second person(manager) was very nice, explained about the Vendavo products and the company very well and asked relevant questions related to the job(I hope more people follow her approach and ask questions that is really relevant to the job.... and not just some random question from the net).
      Overall not a very organized company. People are not professional.

Technical Account Manager - Strategic Customer Organization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vendavo in April 2011.

Phone screen was the first step of the overall interview process. I liked the way the overall phone screen was structured. The Hiring Manager asked if I was fully aware about the job and the company, listened to what I knew and then went ahead and spent good 10 minutes explaining the companies org structure (various divisions) and where exactly does this position fit in and what are the key responsibilities. After those 10-15 minutes I knew exactly what I was going to be doing if I get hired.
    This was followed by a detailed technical interview covering Java, J2EE, Database, Performance Tuning, Application Servers, Enterprise projects and project management aspects.
    Overall a very good learning experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vendavo in January 2011.

There was an initial phone screen from an on site recruiter, then from a technical person scheduled days later, general questions across j2ee & java.
    .equals vs. ==
    overriding hashCode();

They have a few rounds of on sites, first from the Director & VP. Very courteous and polite. There was a more open ended set of questions regarding Modeling and Design. Then a more specific set of questions about Linked Lists, and how you go about reversing them.

Interview Questions
    • Given elements in a linked list, provide the most efficient way to reverse them.   View Answer

Gsd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vendavo in November 2010.

It was very similar to other companies of their type. Nothing was so difficult. Initially, company showed interest in offering the position but later on when one on one conversation with top executives was requested, for some reason they thought that I am no longer interested and came back with negative response. It seems the company believes that the candidate is serious about the position if that candidate accepts the offer immediately without taking time to evaluate the offer by talking to different stakeholders in the company. In fact, at every stage company took one week to come back with next stage despite the follow ups. It was an odd experience in my 15 yrs career so far.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see in next 5 yrs in your career.   View Answer