Venn Group

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Venn Group

Candidate Interview Review

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Venn Group in November 2014.

I heard about Venn Group through an agency and I was booked in for an interview within a couple of days. My first stage interview was a really positive experience. I was asked questions about my personality, my CV and what I knew about the company and recruitment. I was also given a lot more information about the business which was both interesting and useful. I was told at the end of it that I had been successful. I really liked the office. Everybody sits in one big room and each team has a big table that they share. My interviewer spoke a lot about the social side of working there and I walked away from the interview thinking what a great place to work Venn Group would be.
    My second stage interview was booked by the rec to rec agency for just a few days after my first. I arrived 10 minutes early but was sat waiting over 40 minutes for my interviewer to come and see me (he was over half an hour late.) I did receive an apology for this, but no explanation. Once the interview did get going, it was very much a repeat of my first stage interview but with somebody else. I was also asked a few situational questions, for example what would I do if I found out from a colleague that one of my candidates used to be an unreliable alcoholic?
    The rec to rec agency arranged a third interview for me over the phone with a director. It was arranged that he would call me at a set time on a set date. Unfortunately, he failed to make contact when he had arranged to. I reported this to the rec to rec agency and they, later, managed to make contact with him. Only then did he apologise, claiming an unexpected client event to be the reason he missed our telephone interview. This apology was made through the rec to rec agency and hours after our scheduled interview. I had to phone the rec to rec agency, who in turn phoned Venn Group to rearrange the missed interview. I was given a new date and time, and told this time I was to call him (which suggested to me that it's likely this director is not very good at keeping to phone appointments.) When I called him he claimed he was unable to conduct the telephone interview and blamed the rec to rec agency for not giving me a brief. He suggested we forget about the phone interview and meet in person instead.
    The rec to rec agency arranged for us to meet in person later that week. I arrived and was seen punctually, but left to wait in excess of half an hour twice during the interview. The interviewer offered no apology in regards to the failed phone interviews, or for wasting my time in any way. I was asked questions about my CV, my desire to work in recruitment and my interests before doing a sales role play. With the excessive waiting times, this process took two and a half hours. I had been made to feel like a burden on a busy office all morning and felt relieved to be walking away.

Interview Questions