Ventana Medical

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.1

Service Technician I Interview

Lengthy process but well organized and comfortable during all phases. I was an external candidate in competition with internal candidates but I believe a sincere effort was made to treat my application with equal weight.

It is a multi week selection process which is a bit trying however I have only positive feelings for the staff and company even after I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • if you could go back and correct one decision or action you made during your last position/employment, what would it be?   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ventana Medical.

Normal pre-screening phone processes followed by interview on phone with 2 managers since I was in different state. Then flew me from FL to AZ for face to face panel interview with co workers and then managment offered position within hour.

Interview Questions
    On phone on my way back to airport. Half hour.

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ventana Medical.

The first recruiter who phone screened me didn't know science and so the questions she asked didn't make sense. For instance, she asked me if I had experience with reagents. Any chemist has experience with reagents, it's a general science term, but she was using it in a specific product development way that I didn't understand. I blew that interview and didn't get called back. The best way to get in the door is to network in and get an employee referral.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process has changed since I interviewed, so instead of describing my interview, let me just say that you should read up on the 'right' answers to behavioral interview questions and also read up on the company. People who can't answer why they should be hired, don't have specific answers to behavioral questions, or don't know anything about the company or the position are almost always not hired.   Answer Question

Staff, Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ventana Medical in December 2013.

Initial call with HR was a pleasant one. Details and experience.
    Asked about availability for interview and should have internet access.

Interview Questions
    • What version number of MondoDB. The guy wanted the version number of the software. major-minor version release. Thats all.
      Difference between Inheritance & Composition.
      What is Apache Camel used for?
      Big(O) notation complexity for all Data Structures asked in Random like pop question.
      API details questions on java concurrent utils.
      What is LifeLock (Livelock) and DeadLock?
      What is the algorithm behind TreeMap?

View Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ventana Medical in March 2012.

Ventana Medical Systems, being one of the best employer in tissue diagnostics industry is very selective of their employees and although it is not extremely difficult, it is not easy either to land an offer from them especially in Research and Development.

For scientist position the interview process typically involves multiple interviews. In addition to the hiring manager, higher management including Director of the department and even VP Research may be involved in the process. Additionally the fellow scientists, senior scientists and engineers interview and the decision to hire the candidate is collective of the entire group.

Typically when a candidate is vetted for Scientist position, the communication skills, the depth of knowledge and confidence are important aspects that they look for. But whether the candidate fits the culture of the team and the company is very high on the assessment list.

Interview Questions
    • There should not be any unexpected questions as the interview process revolves mostly around the candidates past experience and skills.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ventana Medical in August 2010.

Very thorough process. If you make it to the final round of interviews, you will be flown out to Tucson to be interviewed by senior management.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is being able to explain how you have built value for a customer in your previous employment. Ventana places heavy emphasis on building value within the customer.   View Answer
    They offer an exceptional package.

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ventana Medical in January 2010.

Typical

N/A

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ventana Medical.

Quick and efficient process - 4 X 30min interviews, one right after another. Interview left little time for me to ask my own questions. No followup after the interviews, even after emailing twice.

Director of Clinical Operations Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ventana Medical in October 2010.

had an informal mtg first and then was asked for second round of interviews. Was taken to the cafeteria for lunch, not private and awkward to discuss...

Interview Questions
    • describe your weaknesses and how have you learned from them and how are you actively changing them   View Answer
    they were not open to negotiating

Field Service Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ventana Medical in September 2010.

Short 30 minute phone interview with general questions. Then one on one interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to troubleshoot a machine that wasnt working properly   Answer Question