Ventas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.6

Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ventas (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

An initial phone screen was conducted by HR and it was followed up by a brief phone interview with the hiring manager.

The on-site interview begin with a case that was presented to all of the interviewers. It was followed up with six, back-to-back, 30-minute interviews. Interviews were STEM based. Individual interviewers were responsible for documenting specific success criteria.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I reached out to a member of HR in order to apply for a financial analyst position. The HR member replied back to me the same day saying that candidates who had applied earlier were being considered. I later saw the same position I had applied for via email get posted to LinkedIn, at exactly the same time I was told other candidates were being considered. I would've appreciated if the company was open with me, and honestly told me my qualificatiosn didn't match. I thought it was handled pretty unethically.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ventas (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a staffing agency who found my LinkedIn profile through my network of contacts and professional recommendations as PM for complex projects in Fortune 500 space. Met in-person with owner of the staffing agency and one of his associates to vet my appearance & demeanor and background & qualifications prior to client presentation. Agency discussed the position with Ventas, provided me more details about the company and coached me on Ventas Interview process. Approximately a week later, I had phone screen with the hiring manager who went in-depth about the company, leadership, culture, etc. and provided the good, the bad and the ugly of working for Ventas. Manager and I seemed to hit it off pretty well having similar experiences working on projects in both waterfall and agile environments. Hiring manager was very nice and asked if I wanted to proceed with the Interview process after hearing potential cons (e.g. trying to grow a PMO in an unstructured, demanding & fast-paced environment). I agreed to move forward. A week later, I was scheduled for phone screen with a staffing consultant also commonly referred to as a 3rd party talent acquisition specialist. I was briefed prior to the call that it was part of the process and the conversation would focus on personality ("looking for the right fit") rather than background and experience. I've been through my share of similar phone screens and this one ranks higher on my list as a complete waste of time. At the end, I was advised Ventas did not even have any open requisitions for project manager positions until after the New Year. I'm irritated a company would reach out to me and waste my time versus if I actually sought this company out and applied. Very amateur and bad reflection on brand.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were the standard vanilla. What's your current comp structure, why are you looking to leave your current position, what would you say is one of your biggest accomplishments, what's one your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ventas.

Interview

Impressive company, but the interview process seemed like they don't have everything together from a hiring standpoint. I was contacted by a recruiter that I would be a good fit for the position and the responsibilities seemed very much aligned with what I was looking for with my next position. They had me talk with their internal recruiter on the phone and then immediately take a 1 hour timed excel test, which was not too difficult (time constraint was hardest part). After that, they immediately wanted me to come in for three in-person interviews. The schedule was completely messed up. However, I felt very good after the interview and they called me back to come in the very next day to meet with the CEO and other people in the group. Granted the CEO is very busy, I spent a half hour waiting in the conference room before someone walked in then the CEO walked in. I felt good after the second round interview. However, the Company disappeared and never gave me feedback for about a month. I've never felt so good about an interview/company and fit than this to eventually be turned down. Overall, the Company stressed that the only want the 'perfect fit' and they won't rush things, so my feeling is that they are willing to rip through interviews left and right with as many candidates as they want, which in my opinion is not right or professional at all. Very unimpressed about the process.

Interview Questions

• Excel Test on Accretion/Dilution for Target Portfolios, What's your favorite excel shortcuts?   Answer Question

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Ventas (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiting agency a year ago. Ventas exec gathered resumes and no interviews were given until 9 months later. 2 hour phone interview with hiring manager and then an in-person (out of state) interview with 4 executives. Waited for a month to find out they weren't hiring any of their top 3 candidates but starting over. I would have loved to work for them but they didn't make an offer.

Interview Questions

• All interviews were very friendly...no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ventas (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Before my interview, I received an extremely detailed job description. I told the recruiter that no one person could handle all described. I was convinced to give the company a shot. Interview was unimpressive. I gave all information requested but never heard back from anyone. Again, not impressed

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but company uses very dated interview /hiring process (a paper application asking for identity information prior to offer?). You get what you pay for.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ventas (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview, then 2 in-office interviews for 2 hours each to be an Executive Assistant of a team at Lillibridge, the subsidiary of Ventas. I was told that they were excited about me and wanted me, but they needed to restructure first (they were moving floors). They checked my references, had me take computer skills tests, did a background and credit check, etc. Repeatedly I was told "2 more weeks", and nothing ever came of it. Finally, I was asked to come back in and interview with another team, this time at Ventas, to make sure we "clicked" before they offered me a job. I came back in for a 2.5 hour interview with 4 new people. 3 days later I was told that everyone liked me personally, but did not think I was qualified. So, after a good 8 hours of interviewing, and a lot of wasted time (months thinking that I was going to get an offer), that was that! I thought it was very unprofessional, rude, and confusing. If I was not qualified, they should have never asked me back. I would not want anyone else to have to go through the hassle I did or endure the frustration after false hopes!

Interview Questions

• If your friends could describe you in three words, what would they be?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ventas (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the next day, which was encouraging. The recruiter s very nice, but is a contractor and isn't that informed about the company, which is to be expected, yet is disappointing if you're a candidate. I had a per-screen, which was a quick personality check. I was then told to call the HR department ( another contractor), which is kind of weird having a candidate call. I spoke with her and was told that the environment is very demanding. That wasn't a deterrent to me. She said the CEO is especially demanding. Which also is expected and not a deterrent. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview 2 days later. I was told to budget about 2-21/2 hours. I took a day off of work for this. I came in at 8am and waited for about 20 minutes. I spoke with the HR person I spoke with the HR person for about 10 minutes when she said she got an email that the hiring manager had something come up and wasn't able to meet with me that day. At that point I knew that I didn't get this job. She asked me if I had any more questions. I asked about 3 questions and she said "that is something the hiring manager could answer". Who I knew I wasn't going to meet. The interview ended in about 20 minutes. A gigantic waste of my time.!! I sent a thank you email. The recruiter responded to call her back the next day. Like an idiot i did and was told they decided to move on another candidate. Complete waste of time. I wish the hiring manger was man enough to cancel interviews after they found their chosen candidate and not waste other people's time.

Corporate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ventas (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agent for the company after applying for a different job. She gave me a very brief description of the job and asked if I was interested in an interview, to which I replied yes. She then signed me up for 4 back to back interviews without an initial phone interview. Upon arrival to the company, the first interviewer was 20 minutes late. From this point it was a typical interview with many behavioural questions, but I soon realized this job was much more difficult and time consuming than the staffing agent had led on. The employees in this role worked on average 80 hours a week, and their morale and personal energy seemed drained. While everyone I met there was very kind and genuine, they appeared worked to death and most mentioned how excited they were to go home and get some sleep. Additionally, I was left waiting alone for 5-15 minutes between each interview which added up to over 45 min wait time for the interview session, very unprofessional. Furthermore, this company did not offer to reimburse any expenses. GIven the companies economic performance, reputation in the industry, and common interview practice this was personally insulting. With the exception of Ventas I have not been on or heard of a company interviewing out-of-town canidates and not reimbursing expenses. Proceed with caution with this company because the work environment is very harsh. Everyone there is very nice, but they work incredibly hard with little if any work-life balance.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ventas.

Interview

Online app, phone call round 1, phone call round 2, in-person interview with 4 or 5 execs.

Though this may sound tough, the in-person interview process was unorganized and they use a list of generic HR questions that just don't fly in this business. The business is a ton of fun but this group seems a bit too high strung.

Interview Questions

• There's no curve ball here, they only use generic HR questions that don't give any insight to the interviewees' character. It would have been far more effective to establish a brief narrative and go from there.

I did get asked how do you value an apartment portfolio, or how do you do sensitivity analyses (data tables).

Answer Question