Ventera

www.ventera.com
  www.ventera.com

Ventera Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ventera.

Technical phone interview.
    4 - 30 minute in-house interviews with senior consultants in several technical fields.
    1 - 30 minute interview with CEO

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. The interviewers were very good about asking question specific to the position interviewing for. They were also very open with answer questions about the position and the company as a whole   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Twice now in the past few months, I have been in the interview queue at Ventera, with interviews both on the phone and in person. On both occasions, I was then notified that they had decided not to fill the position.
    I am somewhat disappointed, not just that the positions were not available, but that they used quite a bit of my time for what were apparently not serious positions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions followed mostly standard behavioral interviewing techniques.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ventera in October 2012.

I was contacted by Ventera after submitting my resume at my university's fall career fair. They went straight away to inviting me down for an interview, which was a very unique experience. About two weeks after initial contact I drove down to their main offices in Reston, VA for an on-site interview. I would have preferred to get housing or travel compensation as I had to drive a good distance, but the interview made it worth it.

Day started at 9:00am with a presentation by the HR manager about the purpose and culture of the company and the various opportunities they provide. She was very thurough in explaining the various perks for the positions. I was joined by three other college candidates, and this was one of multiple days that they were holding interviews

After the presentation, we were each given a small conference room and had four people rotate in 30-minute periods to interview us. Three of the people were either senior developers or projet managers. The questions were mostly behavioural, tell us about projects you have worked on, how do you like to work with others, tell us about some aspect of programming, etc. The very notable thing about Ventera's interview process is that you get to meet with the CEO, Robert Acosta. He is an all around staand-up guy and I heard nothing but great things about him, and getting to talk to him was a real treat.

After the interviews we got taken to lunch with two recent college grads who now work at Ventera. They were very easy to talk to and seemed to give a favorable impression of the company. Day ended at around 2:15.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the major differences between C and Java.   View Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ventera in October 2012.

3 round- one on one

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Four separate interviews, 30 min each. First interviewer was the CEO, second was a head database architect, third was a project manager, and last was a #Net Developer Project Leader. Considering the position I was applying for and my major background, they found employees that were relevant to my field.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, considering their great benefits

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ventera in October 2011.

I had to go through 5 30-minute interviews with people form various teams. The interview questions seemed pretty repetitive. However, it was really cool to have a 30 minute interview with the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your best friend, what would he say is your weakest quality as a friend?   Answer Question