Ventera

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Ventera.

Interview Details – Technical phone interview.
4 - 30 minute in-house interviews with senior consultants in several technical fields.
1 - 30 minute interview with CEO

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. The interviewers were very good about asking question specific to the position interviewing for. They were also very open with answer questions about the position and the company as a whole   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Ventera

Interview Details – Twice now in the past few months, I have been in the interview queue at Ventera, with interviews both on the phone and in person. On both occasions, I was then notified that they had decided not to fill the position.
I am somewhat disappointed, not just that the positions were not available, but that they used quite a bit of my time for what were apparently not serious positions.

Interview Question – The questions followed mostly standard behavioral interviewing techniques.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Junior Developer
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ventera in October 2012.

Interview Details – Four separate interviews, 30 min each. First interviewer was the CEO, second was a head database architect, third was a project manager, and last was a #Net Developer Project Leader. Considering the position I was applying for and my major background, they found employees that were relevant to my field.

Interview Question – Puzzle/Intuition Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, considering their great benefits

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ventera in October 2012.

Interview Details – 3 round- one on one

Interview Question – most of the questions are asked to answer in detail   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Junior Software Developer
Reston, VA

Interview Details – I was contacted by Ventera after submitting my resume at my university's fall career fair. They went straight away to inviting me down for an interview, which was a very unique experience. About two weeks after initial contact I drove down to their main offices in Reston, VA for an on-site interview. I would have preferred to get housing or travel compensation as I had to drive a good distance, but the interview made it worth it.

Day started at 9:00am with a presentation by the HR manager about the purpose and culture of the company and the various opportunities they provide. She was very thurough in explaining the various perks for the positions. I was joined by three other college candidates, and this was one of multiple days that they were holding interviews

After the presentation, we were each given a small conference room and had four people rotate in 30-minute periods to interview us. Three of the people were either senior developers or projet managers. The questions were mostly behavioural, tell us about projects you have worked on, how do you like to work with others, tell us about some aspect of programming, etc. The very notable thing about Ventera's interview process is that you get to meet with the CEO, Robert Acosta. He is an all around staand-up guy and I heard nothing but great things about him, and getting to talk to him was a real treat.

After the interviews we got taken to lunch with two recent college grads who now work at Ventera. They were very easy to talk to and seemed to give a favorable impression of the company. Day ended at around 2:15.

Interview Question – Explain the major differences between C and Java.   View Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
Reston, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ventera in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had to go through 5 30-minute interviews with people form various teams. The interview questions seemed pretty repetitive. However, it was really cool to have a 30 minute interview with the CEO of the company.

Interview Question – If I asked your best friend, what would he say is your weakest quality as a friend?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ventera? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ventera interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ventera employees and interview candidates.