Venture Data Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Venture Data

Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venture Data.

Interview

Not hard. Easy application. No letters of recommendation. No background check. This company may have a hiring quota to fill. One reviewer said they hire lots of people to get a tax break. If this is true, it might mean they fire people to meet that quota if not enough people quit. So they will hire pretty much anybody who can type quickly and conduct interviews over the phone.

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was just offered the job.

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venture Data (Eugene, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview a week or so later. The hiring manager told me about the job. No tough questions or anything, it was very easy. Had me read aloud and tested my typing. Got a call back the next day and got hired.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Venture Data (Orem, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied and two days later i got a call to set up an interview the next day. I went in for the interview, asked me a few questions about myself, later they had me at the computer to check how fast i typed. The next day i got a call from the same person who interviewed me telling me to go in for training the next day after i received the call. It was all a very fast process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were simple. (Tell me about yourself... What do you do for fun...etc..) The only one that i didn't really have an answer for was "Tell me of an experience where you had to confront someone, and how did you handle it"   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venture Data (Kent, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Went in and filled out an application at the desk they have set up (very convenient). When I was done they told me at the front desk that I would hear from the hiring manager by Friday if he was considering my application. I got a call a day later, set up an appointment for an interview in a couple days. I was insanely nervous at the interview and the hiring manager definitely knew that. He made me feel more comfortable by joking with me. At the end of the interview (which I was sure I messed up), I asked whether I should call back to check on my status or if they would call me. They then offered me the job on the spot, with the conditions that I could come in that Friday (2 days from the interview date) to do my first day of training.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember most of the questions but I do remember being told "Tell me about yourself." When we were in training, they revealed that the purpose of that "question" was just to get us to TALK! They just literally wanted to know that we could talk & talk...because that's what you're going to be doing all day.   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Venture Data (Eugene, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was the most straightforward thing about them. They simply stated they were trying to fill up an orientation, gave me the dates, I attended and participated in two days worth of orientation, and then I was ready to be placed on the phones.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They paid 25 cents above minimum wage.

Survey Taker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venture Data.

Interview

They called me in and verified that I could read and write. Then they told me when I should show up for four hours of training.

Interview Questions

• If you can read these words out loud, you're fine. They want warm bodies.   Answer Question