Ventyx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Power Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Ventyx

Interview Details – This job is passed out by one professor in our school. They were looking for new Master graduates in power systems or control systems areas. I submitted my resume directly to the senior engineering manager and he contacted me about one month later. We scheduled a 30 minutes phone interview and the questions are mainly technical things

Interview Question – Although they were looking for power system engineers, but I was rarely asked questions about power systems. Most questions asked are computer science related such as C++ programming, LINUX and so on.   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Associate Developer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ventyx in June 2011.

Interview Details – I Interviewed with 2 of my potential peers without the manager. They asked standard interview questions and we talked about my work history. We had hit it off and they recommend the manager schedule me for a second interview. Surprisingly in spite of what the peers told me, manager stated to the recruiter that I did not have enough experience and did not offer second interview. I Interviewed for a different position in another department and did not do well, so I assume the manager made the decision based on that.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Ventyx

Interview Details – Submitted a resume in response to an on-line job announcement. Months have gone by and not even an acknowledgement that the application materials submitted was received. This is why HR departments have such dismal reputations. They have a job so why should they care how they treat applicants. Typically these poorly lead organizations either don't know how to manage the recruitment process and/or don't know what high performing talent looks like.

Interview Question – Surprised that with so many job opportunities that way into the organization is so dismal. It does not speak well for the company, its leadership and its culture.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ventyx in August 2011.

Interview Details – Through my fraternity, I was introduced to Ventyx and an 'academy' of sorts in which I would participate in a rotational program intended to introduce the development, GCS, and PSO aspects of the business cycle - I never left the department I started in however. I was contacted by the hiring director of the program while on vacation. In order to speed up the interview process, she offered to fly me over, paid for.

Interview Question – What do you anticipate doing at this job?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ventyx in February 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with hiring manager on the phone, we seemed to have a good rapport and I was invited to meet with him in person. He asked me some questions. Tell me about global deployments you've done, tell me about the largest project you've manageed, etc.

Thought I was doing pretty well with that, then he brought in a developer. Guy was nice enough but started asking a bunch of really technical questions regarding the software that I use. They were random and out of context and I was trying to figure out what they were getting at.

I finally answered a few, and he seemed to be satisfied that I knew enough. "You have a good Administrator's background." Well, yes, I never claimed to have more than that.

The interview lasted an hour and I got a vibe that I wasn't going to be getting the job.

I heard NOTHING after that, not even a thanks, but no thanks email.

Kind of tacky if you ask me.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a Role and a Profile.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ventyx in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initially the HR will send you a link to complete an online GK quiz and once that is done, depending on the minimum cut-off score you get selected to go to the next round.
The next round is usually the an HR round asking about you, your background, any experience and why you think you are best for this job and how you can contribute to the growth of this company.
Once the HR round is completed, they call you on-site for an interview. My location was Houston and my interview was scheduled from 11am-3pm. Unlike most companies, this is not very organised and this you might always get done maybe an hour early. Consists of 4 face-to-face interviews. One from HR, one from your technical lead, one from a Project management lead and one from a sales lead. All questions are related to previous experience and they will not ask anything outside of what you have mentioned in your resume.

Even after they finalized me and offer the job, they took 2 months to give me my offer letter and another month for me to start.

Interview Question – Describe one time when you feel that you did not live up to your managers expectations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made a very bad offer at first, rejected it saying the pay was too low. They increased it by around 20% and then I accepted it.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ventyx in May 2011.

Interview Details – Screening --> Intelligence Test --> on Site skill test --> Background Check --> Drug Test
Skill: C, Java, SQL and some math

Interview Question – Show four sorting on blackboard   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ventyx in May 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. The interview panel was relevant product managers. The main focus was on previous job experience and familiarity with Agile methodology.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions with specific focus on Agile experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They accepted my salary requirements.

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ventyx in November 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online,there was an initial phone interview with the HR. Then there was an IQ test which consisted of Math, Verbal and some Pattern questions. There was no response from HR after the test.

Interview Question – Identify the next pattern in the sequence   Answer Question

Software Developer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ventyx in May 2011.

Interview Details – After using a personal connection to find out about opportunities, I was shuffled off to the HR department where I was told the first hurdle was to take an IQ test.
 There was three sections to the test:

None of these were particularly hard, they just took a while to figure out.

I was contacted by HR the next days saying I did not receive a sufficient score so they are passing on me.
oh well, at least if was only an hour of my time.

Interview Questions

• Sequences of letters. select the next letter in the sequence (15 minutes)   View Answer
  • sequences of pictures where you had to figure out the next picture (15 minutes)   Answer Question
  • Math word puzzles involving fractions, percentages, and algebra. (30 minutes)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ventyx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ventyx interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ventyx employees and interview candidates.