Ventyx Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.8

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ventyx in August 2013.

Basic behavioral interview style-Use STAR format to answer situational questions pertaining to resume and past work experience. Review resume and then answer canned questions related to position.Most questions were pretty basic, but one must be able to quickly find a very suitable asnswer.

Very good-generous benefits and salary

Power Systems Engineer Interview

This job is passed out by one professor in our school. They were looking for new Master graduates in power systems or control systems areas. I submitted my resume directly to the senior engineering manager and he contacted me about one month later. We scheduled a 30 minutes phone interview and the questions are mainly technical things

Interview Questions
    • Although they were looking for power system engineers, but I was rarely asked questions about power systems. Most questions asked are computer science related such as C++ programming, LINUX and so on.   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ventyx in June 2011.

I Interviewed with 2 of my potential peers without the manager. They asked standard interview questions and we talked about my work history. We had hit it off and they recommend the manager schedule me for a second interview. Surprisingly in spite of what the peers told me, manager stated to the recruiter that I did not have enough experience and did not offer second interview. I Interviewed for a different position in another department and did not do well, so I assume the manager made the decision based on that.

Vice President Interview

Submitted a resume in response to an on-line job announcement. Months have gone by and not even an acknowledgement that the application materials submitted was received. This is why HR departments have such dismal reputations. They have a job so why should they care how they treat applicants. Typically these poorly lead organizations either don't know how to manage the recruitment process and/or don't know what high performing talent looks like.

Interview Questions
    • Surprised that with so many job opportunities that way into the organization is so dismal. It does not speak well for the company, its leadership and its culture.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ventyx in August 2011.

Through my fraternity, I was introduced to Ventyx and an 'academy' of sorts in which I would participate in a rotational program intended to introduce the development, GCS, and PSO aspects of the business cycle - I never left the department I started in however. I was contacted by the hiring director of the program while on vacation. In order to speed up the interview process, she offered to fly me over, paid for.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ventyx in February 2013.

Spoke with hiring manager on the phone, we seemed to have a good rapport and I was invited to meet with him in person. He asked me some questions. Tell me about global deployments you've done, tell me about the largest project you've manageed, etc.

Thought I was doing pretty well with that, then he brought in a developer. Guy was nice enough but started asking a bunch of really technical questions regarding the software that I use. They were random and out of context and I was trying to figure out what they were getting at.

I finally answered a few, and he seemed to be satisfied that I knew enough. "You have a good Administrator's background." Well, yes, I never claimed to have more than that.

The interview lasted an hour and I got a vibe that I wasn't going to be getting the job.

I heard NOTHING after that, not even a thanks, but no thanks email.

Kind of tacky if you ask me.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ventyx in July 2011.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initially the HR will send you a link to complete an online GK quiz and once that is done, depending on the minimum cut-off score you get selected to go to the next round.
    The next round is usually the an HR round asking about you, your background, any experience and why you think you are best for this job and how you can contribute to the growth of this company.
    Once the HR round is completed, they call you on-site for an interview. My location was Houston and my interview was scheduled from 11am-3pm. Unlike most companies, this is not very organised and this you might always get done maybe an hour early. Consists of 4 face-to-face interviews. One from HR, one from your technical lead, one from a Project management lead and one from a sales lead. All questions are related to previous experience and they will not ask anything outside of what you have mentioned in your resume.

Even after they finalized me and offer the job, they took 2 months to give me my offer letter and another month for me to start.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time when you feel that you did not live up to your managers expectations.   View Answer
    They made a very bad offer at first, rejected it saying the pay was too low. They increased it by around 20% and then I accepted it.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ventyx in May 2011.

Screening --> Intelligence Test --> on Site skill test --> Background Check --> Drug Test
    Skill: C, Java, SQL and some math

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ventyx in May 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. The interview panel was relevant product managers. The main focus was on previous job experience and familiarity with Agile methodology.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions with specific focus on Agile experience.   Answer Question
    They accepted my salary requirements.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ventyx in November 2010.

After applying online,there was an initial phone interview with the HR. Then there was an IQ test which consisted of Math, Verbal and some Pattern questions. There was no response from HR after the test.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ventyx? Contribute to the Community!