Veolia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Veolia (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Volt Recruiter asked why I had gaps in employment: Graduated in 2011, Not a good recruiter as I already explained and maybe they slept through the last few years of this job market.

Interview

The interviews went great. I was notified within 1 day after my 3rd interview that I was being offered the position. the process went very fast. the team that interviewed me was very friendly and I had a great time. I enjoyed all 3 interviews which were held with different people each time.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult but I did have to take a test during my final interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it went very smooth.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

The first phone interview last 30min for behavior questions. The questions are straightforward and very normal such as "tell me your experience in this area". The second on site interview last for 30min with VP. He was very nice and just went through my resume and asked why I wanted this job.

Interview Questions

• Need to prepare the resume related questions very well   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia in August 2014.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very easy. Had experience in document control with another engineering company. They were very detailed in explaining the position in document control and mentioned the document control system they used. I've used other document control systems but not this system before and it's NOT user friendly at all. Way to complicated and too many variations nothing was written in stone.

Negotiation

Through a contract agency.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

Easy to talk to and get a hold of. Very nice people all around. They asked the basic questions and did not sugarcoat the job. Very straight forward with what was expected and the hours that would need to be worked along with the over night travel.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veolia in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online when I saw this position advertised. I received an email for a phone interview. I had one phone interview and then another when they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• There was a short quiz on questions regarding my field   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veolia (Boston, MA).

Interview

Lots of money was spent on the interview process. I had the impression that they were in a big hurry to get me out there. 3 or 4 levels of interviews were required involving a lunch and a dinner. A full presentation to the executives was a sort of test.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions; the process was very straightforward, almost hurried, though it involved multiple steps.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to return to the verbal agreement on two occasions as I was being short-changed in the hiring document. This should have been a clue.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veolia (La Porte, TX).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. Initially it was with lab manager. My second interview was with the chemical cleaning manager. The 3rd and final was with the lab manager again and I believe I had a drug test and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• This was an entry level lab position. Veolia is a very good company if you can forgive the travelling and non chemist duties such as dragging pipe and using a wrench :)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an offer for 40K initially but every year I received a 10% bonus as well as a 5% raise yearly. It was actually a very good company to work for but the hours were long and weekend work may have been required.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

They initially set up a phone interview with one of the directors of a division in the North East. After a phone interview checking my background and familiar skills, they requested an in person interview at the office. All in all the process was low stress but definitely challenging regarding the way the interview process was handled. Very formal, professional environment.

Interview Questions

• What was my familiarity with industrial systems and layout.   1 Answer
    • What I wanted to accomplish with the internship.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Veolia.

Interview

There was a significant amount of attention paid to making sure I could deal with stressful situations (i.e. customers & colleagues). Manager had been with the company 13 years and resigned 1 month later.

Negotiation

They offered a reasonable salary for someone just out of college. I had 10 years prior field service in a different field but had returned to college and just obtained my B.S. in Environmental Science so it seemed reasonable.