Veolia North America

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.7

Environmental Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Veolia North America.

Easy to talk to and get a hold of. Very nice people all around. They asked the basic questions and did not sugarcoat the job. Very straight forward with what was expected and the hours that would need to be worked along with the over night travel.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Veolia North America in April 2014.

I applied online when I saw this position advertised. I received an email for a phone interview. I had one phone interview and then another when they extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was a short quiz on questions regarding my field   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Veolia North America.

Lots of money was spent on the interview process. I had the impression that they were in a big hurry to get me out there. 3 or 4 levels of interviews were required involving a lunch and a dinner. A full presentation to the executives was a sort of test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions; the process was very straightforward, almost hurried, though it involved multiple steps.   View Answer
    Had to return to the verbal agreement on two occasions as I was being short-changed in the hiring document. This should have been a clue.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Veolia North America.

I had 3 interviews. Initially it was with lab manager. My second interview was with the chemical cleaning manager. The 3rd and final was with the lab manager again and I believe I had a drug test and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    • This was an entry level lab position. Veolia is a very good company if you can forgive the travelling and non chemist duties such as dragging pipe and using a wrench :)   Answer Question
    I had an offer for 40K initially but every year I received a 10% bonus as well as a 5% raise yearly. It was actually a very good company to work for but the hours were long and weekend work may have been required.

Technical Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Veolia North America.

There was a significant amount of attention paid to making sure I could deal with stressful situations (i.e. customers & colleagues). Manager had been with the company 13 years and resigned 1 month later.

They offered a reasonable salary for someone just out of college. I had 10 years prior field service in a different field but had returned to college and just obtained my B.S. in Environmental Science so it seemed reasonable.

TSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Veolia North America in April 2013.

Promised a lot of advancement and opportunities. Told that salary would be more than current company, with a lot better benefits. Internal people were very kind during the hiring process and interview process, but it changed right after hiring. Many of the promises seemed to not be present upon hiring, and I did wonder if I had made the right decision going to Veolia.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to do a lot of data entry?   View Answer
    I indicated my current salary and vacation benefits (which were 3 weeks per year at the time).

Pangeo Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Veolia North America in March 2013.

I applied online with my university's career services and interviewed with a recruiter the next week. About a month later, I was contacted for a phone interview with the HR rep from their headquarters in Europe. It was discussed that it would take 2-3 weeks to process my application from that point forward. However, after a month I contacted the same HR rep and received no response.

Interview Questions
    • Why the Pangeo program? Have you researched any similar programs for international work?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

interviewed at Veolia North America in September 2012.

Met them at the career fair and was interviewed afterwards.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon Township, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon Township, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Veolia North America in August 2012.

The interview process was very well developed. The interviewers ask insightful indepth questions. After the interview is where the entire process broke down. After I sent letters following up on the interview. In 2 weeks I called and also sent another set of letter inquiring about the status of the hiring process. Seems as if no one care to even reply with we have selected another candidate or the position was filled, etc. Seems as if they didn't care, I now wonder how they treat their staff.

Industrial Pretreatment Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jones, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jones, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Veolia North America in July 2012.

Applied online, had a group interview. General personality interview. Contacted a few days later and was offered the position. Background and drug and physical screening took about a month.