Veolia North America

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Specialist Interview

Environmental Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veolia North America.

Interview Details – Easy to talk to and get a hold of. Very nice people all around. They asked the basic questions and did not sugarcoat the job. Very straight forward with what was expected and the hours that would need to be worked along with the over night travel.

Interview Question – Describe your ideal boss   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Chemist
La Porte, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Veolia North America.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. Initially it was with lab manager. My second interview was with the chemical cleaning manager. The 3rd and final was with the lab manager again and I believe I had a drug test and that was about it.

Interview Question – This was an entry level lab position. Veolia is a very good company if you can forgive the travelling and non chemist duties such as dragging pipe and using a wrench :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had an offer for 40K initially but every year I received a 10% bonus as well as a 5% raise yearly. It was actually a very good company to work for but the hours were long and weekend work may have been required.

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Veolia North America.

Interview Details – Lots of money was spent on the interview process. I had the impression that they were in a big hurry to get me out there. 3 or 4 levels of interviews were required involving a lunch and a dinner. A full presentation to the executives was a sort of test.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions; the process was very straightforward, almost hurried, though it involved multiple steps.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to return to the verbal agreement on two occasions as I was being short-changed in the hiring document. This should have been a clue.

Technical Services Representative Interview

Technical Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Veolia North America.

Interview Details – There was a significant amount of attention paid to making sure I could deal with stressful situations (i.e. customers & colleagues). Manager had been with the company 13 years and resigned 1 month later.

Negotiation Details – They offered a reasonable salary for someone just out of college. I had 10 years prior field service in a different field but had returned to college and just obtained my B.S. in Environmental Science so it seemed reasonable.

Pangeo Program Interview

Pangeo Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Veolia North America in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online with my university's career services and interviewed with a recruiter the next week. About a month later, I was contacted for a phone interview with the HR rep from their headquarters in Europe. It was discussed that it would take 2-3 weeks to process my application from that point forward. However, after a month I contacted the same HR rep and received no response.

Interview Question – Why the Pangeo program? Have you researched any similar programs for international work?   Answer Question

Industrial Pretreatment Tech Interview

Industrial Pretreatment Tech
Jones, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Veolia North America in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a group interview. General personality interview. Contacted a few days later and was offered the position. Background and drug and physical screening took about a month.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed at Veolia North America in September 2012.

Interview Details – Met them at the career fair and was interviewed afterwards.

Interview Question – What is most important to you about our company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Moon Township, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Veolia North America in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very well developed. The interviewers ask insightful indepth questions. After the interview is where the entire process broke down. After I sent letters following up on the interview. In 2 weeks I called and also sent another set of letter inquiring about the status of the hiring process. Seems as if no one care to even reply with we have selected another candidate or the position was filled, etc. Seems as if they didn't care, I now wonder how they treat their staff.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions,   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Assistant Controller
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Veolia North America in September 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me to interview with SourceOne. There were several candidates that were invited to the recruiter's office to interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very much focused on finding the right personality fit. The recruiter explained that the group is quite small and so it was very important to stand out with a glowing personality. The interviewer went through a list of interview questions. Towards the end of the interview, there were a couple of strange questions asked: What is your favorite movie? If you had to come up with a count of how many airplanes exist in the world, how would you go about doing so?

Interview Questions

• What is you favorite movie?   Answer Question
  • If you were asked to come up with a count of how many airplanes exist in the world, how would you go about doing so?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Veolia North America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with regional director from out of town as well as local manager. Friendly, non-confrontational interview. Casual environment - recomend low key interview outfit to maximize "will you fit in?" unspoken question.

Interview Questions

Worked for Veolia North America? Contribute to the Community!